What's new

France to provide combat copters

You just assmeble the kits of a simple prop. They have to pay royalties to Saab... Way to go...

The world works like that , we have cheap Labor:

Once Dassault wanted to lease Kamra to produce Mirages for Asian market, as it was cheap to produce here, too bad Pakistani red tape came in the way.

If the world works that way then it is surely a bad excuse not to copy nations like Singapore, South Korea etc... The habbit of some people to use slavery (africans), colonies (asians) or ethically (stupid Pakistani) is something I canno understand.

About T-129 Atak...

Prototype protuction and test phrases...

-T-129 P1 will be ready to test in this year in Italy (2009). [Atak team (TAI-Aselsan-Agusta) Made in Italy]
-T-129 P2-P3 will perform their trials in 2010 [Atak Team Made in Italy]
-T-129 P4 will be ready for trials in 2010 [Turkish TAI made in Turkey- 1th Atak Helicopter of Turkish Land Forces]
-T-129 P5 will be ready for trials in 2011 [TAI made in Turkey, 2nd Turkish Atak helicopter)...

After all test flights and certifications, Serial production phrases will start in TAI institues...

both Munir and arsalanaslam123 have wrong perception of TOT...

we bought Agosta-90b TOT so that we get to know how to make a SUB on our own for the first time..... i am just talking general term.. (next step would be obtaining next generation technology and it will also help our indigenous R&D capability... eventually we will have the capability to compile a platform solely made for our needs though with foreigner inputs..)

so do you also prefer F-35 for PAF and IAF as its simply the best? what about EF-2000???
both are made for different roles...
Once again, in addition to those Cobras and LCH of PA and IAF, imo the Apache would be the best choice. Not only because it is the best, but because it offers more difference in performance to Cobras and LCH than Tiger would give, but at the same costs. Also there would be an advantage of no new logistics and maintenance costs for PA.
All together Apache is way more capable and cost-effective for PA than Tiger would be, that's why I would prefer it.
Not sure what the aircrafts has to do with the choppers, but yes I would prefer F35 instead of any other aircraft in the MMRCA competition. Not because F35 is the best like you said, but except the ToT requirement it offers everything IAF wants. A medium class, fighter with good a2g and BVR capabilities, AESA radar, very good weapon pack and with a single engine cheaper to maintain than double engine F18SH for example + the advantage of stealth! It would perfectly fit in IAF between LCA, MKI and FGFA and could be used in IN too.
As you may see now, I have reasons why I prefer Apache and didn't say it just for fun!

with reference to a recent article, the combat helicopter mentioned related to France is going to be the armed version of AS550.

both Munir and arsalanaslam123 have wrong perception of TOT...

we bought Agosta-90b TOT so that we get to know how to make a SUB on our own for the first time..... i am just talking general term.. (next step would be obtaining next generation technology and it will also help our indigenous R&D capability... eventually we will have the capability to compile a platform solely made for our needs though with foreigner inputs..)

no no sir, i completely understand your point!
all i wanted to say was that are we going to build more subs to make the statement of your become a reality. i wish i am wrong but this do not seems to be happening, we have no planes to make more subs extracing from our knowledge of Agosta. we are planning to get the U214 and even after that project there seem to be no chances to produce more of these or even making of a new platform.

however i wish you are right as i love this idea and wish that PN carries on with it!

regards!

Growler...

You can have your opinion. Being able to assemble parts is hardly called TOT. Still you cannot do more then order expensive sub parts and try to handle the assembly. You actually think that France is willing and Pakistan is able to absorb the tech for designing and building all parts? I do not think we can build the torpedos', engine, electronics, radar etc etc... Without making stupid remarks to you... Just tell me which parts are builded 100% in Pakistan? Otherwise it is just like telling LCA is Indian while we all know that most parts are imported, just like assembly technology...

We can handle small vehicles but surely not something bigger. There are reports that pak military are not willing to ionvest a few hundred to build something like predator... You talk about huge complex submarines... I think Pakdef members have said it more then once... There is hardly a basis to absorb. We can proudly read the word TOT but in Pakistan's case it is hardly realistic.

Last edited:
respected members, this is not a board for TOT, lets stay on topic plz

currently the french ambassador is giving interview on DAWN NEWS-TV, confirming that Paris has given green-signal to export military equipment to pakistan to fight terrorism/militants. he confirmed that helicopters will be part of the deal under discussion but did not disclose the type!

secondly, the ambassador has confirmed that on the french civil nuclear deal, both countries are currently holding discussions on SAFETY and SECURITY of the nuclear plants before the talks move towards actually agreeing to deliver them!

Thanks!

currently the french ambassador is giving interview on DAWN NEWS-TV, confirming that Paris has given green-signal to export military equipment to pakistan to fight terrorism/militants. he confirmed that helicopters will be part of the deal under discussion but did not disclose the type!

secondly, the ambassador has confirmed that on the french civil nuclear deal, both countries are currently holding discussions on SAFETY and SECURITY of the nuclear plants before the talks move towards actually agreeing to deliver them!

Thanks!

thanks sir, it was indeed a nice news break!

i hope the process will move forward from SECURITY and SAFETY toward actual technology of civil neuclear plants! they surely are the ned of the hour!
what about building them at home, cant we do that! may be the chines and french can help us in this, the koreans can also be helpful. whereever they come from we need them now! the power crisis is going to let us all down and out!
i wish Zardari-Sarkozi relations can yeild something better for our country! :pakistan:

regards!

Article From Asian Defence Website

By USMAN ANSARI
France is preparing a comprehensive defense package to offer to Pakistan for its counterterrorism operations in the North West Frontier Province bordering Afghanistan, according to a spokesman at the French defense section at Paris' Embassy here.Local media had reported a possible Franco-Pakistani defense deal in early July.Related TopicsThe spokesman said that the deal would include weapons and training, but gave no further details.."Nothing has been agreed, but a lot of things have been discussed. The main issue is to help Pakistan in the area of counterterrorism," he said.As for media reports that an agreement had been reached to sell the Franco-German Tiger attack helicopter to Islamabad, the spokesman dismissed them as "a media buzz."The spokesman said the larger deal might be concluded when French President Nicholas Sarkozy visits sometime after Sept. 21.France is already working to remedy a shortage of helicopters that has hindered the Pakistan Army during its counterterrorism operations in the North West Frontier Province. The French have returned Pakistan's Puma transport and utility helicopters to full operational status. They are also providing the armed variant of the AS550 Fennec light helicopter, which will join the unarmed Ecureuil variant that is in service with Pakistan Army Aviation.However, the Tiger gunship, if it is included in the package, may not be suitable for Pakistan's needs, said defense analyst Haris Khan of the Pakistan Military Consortium.Khan said the Pakistan Army needs extra gunships "immediately," but he noted that the most obvious source, Washington, is unable to meet the need. Pakistan had hoped to acquire the AH-64 Apache, but no funds are available for the purchase.Additional AH-1F Cobras are also unlikely to materialize soon because, he said, "it takes close to 24 to 36 months to refurbish a stored AH-1 S/F and make it fully combat-operational."However, a spokesman for the defense section in the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad said Pakistan had previously declined an offer of further refurbished Cobras."Through Foreign Military Financing [FMF], the U.S. provided 12 refurbished AH-1Fs to Pakistan in 2007. Pakistan used U.S. grants to pay for the refurbishments. Also through FMF, the U.S. offered to refurbish an additional eight Pakistan Army AH-1F Cobras; however, Pakistan decided not to pursue this course of action," he said.Khan said the only other U.S. option also comes with a considerable time delay."The U.S. has indicated that they are willing and able to release close to 14 AH-1W Super Cobras immediately, but first Pakistan Army pilots and technicians would need to be trained. Therefore, the Pakistan Army would be looking at another 10 to 12 months before it wears Pakistani colors," he said.Khan said Pakistan's needs would best be met by the South African AH-2 Rooivalk."It is hard-hitting, rugged, needs little support, the Pakistan Army is familiar with the Puma platform [upon which it is based] and has expertise with it, and it suits Pakistan's industrial base to a large degree."But he said the Rooivalk program is now all but at a premature end, and Islamabad lacks the finances to revive and purchase it from the South Africans. ■

Back
Top Bottom