What's new

France to provide combat copters

Just wanted to know are the AS550 Fennec in service with PA from France or are these the Chinese Z-11 variant ???

To me they look the chinese variant, as why will PA buy the same helicopter from france when they can get it for a cheap price from china, having no fear of sanctions affecting its supply of parts in future.

Can anyone clarify which variant it is???? french or chinese???

I think PA should get the Z-9 helicopters from China, as their quality has been improved a lot, they are reliable as based on french technology, and has many variants. They have even now deployed it in night attack configuration, and it has dual usage, as a troop carrier when required or as a limited attack helicopter or can even be used both capability at the same time. Plus this helicopter's sound is also reduced considerably due to the Fenestron technology used in its tail rotor system, which wont give away its position from miles away which the current helicopters do. Also, PN is going to induct 4-6 of these helis with the F-22P frigates. No sanction related fear and china has 200+ of these and building more.

Just wanted to know are the AS550 Fennec in service with PA from France or are these the Chinese Z-11 variant ???

They are fennecs (from eurocopter not the Z-11s)

"The U.S. has indicated that they are willing and able to release close to 14 AH-1W Super Cobras immediately, but first Pakistan Army pilots and technicians would need to be trained. Therefore, the Pakistan Army would be looking at another 10 to 12 months before it wears Pakistani colors," he said.

i would go for this despite the long lead time!

lol... so you are going to believe over a big time self appointed defence analysts usman ansari who has zero credibility over French and pakistani government officials??? remember few months back the german few media speculations claimed that PAK-German U-boat deal is over.. then few months after HDW, German military, and majority of their gov is willing to sell u-boats to PAK...

and lol @ usman ansaris journalism... let him play around with his keyboard.

u do have a point but must admit the tiger "deal" was a bolt out of nowhere!

Hay what about AH-2 its a good project if PA can make an arrangement with Danel for partnership in project cost sharing (1Bn USD) for ToT it is preety good I read that Danel is constantly in loss with no market customers in their sight yet (having lost turkish tender) PA do have a big oppertunity if we can arrange 600 to 800 Mln USDs I mean consider 10 tigers for 500 Mln we can have Roivaalks at much lesser price effectively i.e. 30-32 Mln a piece (50% profit reimbersment due to Partnership Share).SAAF is trying to revive the project it is high time for PA to make an effective move.
Any views?

Just curious: What other criteria would you suggest in comparing attack helicopters?

the most important of all is superior avionics, radar, sensors, EW suites, quality payload over quantity etc etc... if we go by general characteristics then even a dumb plane such as A-5 puts RQ-9 in shame..
Speed <A-5
Ceiling <A-5
payload <A-5

kid you need to reread my post carefully..
again.. you can not compare heli, fighter jets, subs, tanks or anything based on their general characteristics!.. F-104 is capable of out speeding JF-17, B-52 can deliver more payload then B-2, Mig-25 can climb higher travel faster then any 4.5 generation fighter... same vise.. Mi-28 can carry more payload then next generation Tiger... so are you trying to tell us that Indians and russians are smarter then dumb french and germans that they came up with cheaper 10 million dollar platform yet capable as 50+ million dollars tigers? ya keep deluding your self.. because their is more to just payload and ceiling... something your indian brain cant comprehend.
Sad that you keep telling things that I never said. I only compared attack helicopter and said that there are different classes which offers more capabilities. I never said the one is better than the other(you brought that up), only that it might be a better choice to add heavier gunships to the existing light once (Cobras, or on Indian side LCH).
And if you read my first post carefully you would have understand that I prefer the Apache for PA aswell as for IAF instead of a lighter and less capable Tiger, or Russian Mi 28.
Anyway as I said before, you must missinterpreted something!

to senior members, wht is the difference b/w Super cobra, n Tiger hellis, except US sanction problem, if PA has the money for tiger, how come it does not poses when it comes to buy Super cobras.

any effort would be appreciated.

The latest version of Apache, the AH 64D Apache Longbow is even more expensive, upto 60 million dollars a piece for the Saudi Arabia sale.

Tiger is claimed to have superior avionics, is more agile, but it lacks behind the Apache in firepower, range and ceiling.

thank u brother :tup:

"The U.S. has indicated that they are willing and able to release close to 14 AH-1W Super Cobras immediately, but first Pakistan Army pilots and technicians would need to be trained. Therefore, the Pakistan Army would be looking at another 10 to 12 months before it wears Pakistani colors," he said.

i would go for this despite the long lead time!
If the writer quoting facts correctly then Pakistan has no point to wait, because Cobra is been in service for last 20 years. Pilot and Techs are partially expert on this helo. So why not. But again its writer speculations , don't know if its credible or not. Super Cobra is best for Pakistan, atleast for next 10 years.And it can fire Hellfire. Or the Zaradari insist to go for French Helo for the love of his commissions.
Fenniac AS 550 was bought for Siachin , is light weight high altitude French helo.

If the writer quoting facts correctly then Pakistan has no point to wait, because Cobra is been in service for last 20 years. Pilot and Techs are partially expert on this helo. So why not. But again its writer speculations , don't know if its credible or not. Super Cobra is best for Pakistan, atleast for next 10 years.And it can fire Hellfire. Or the Zaradari insist to go for French Helo for the love of his commissions.
Fenniac AS 550 was bought for Siachin , is light weight high altitude French helo.

this is AH-1Z not AH-1W super cobra.

I prefer the Apache for PA aswell as for IAF instead of a lighter and less capable Tiger, or Russian Mi 28.
Anyway as I said before, you must missinterpreted something!

so do you also prefer F-35 for PAF and IAF as its simply the best? what about EF-2000???
both are made for different roles.. and its up to the users however they want to full fill their requirements.. and certainly stealth is not the best choice after all... prime example is RAH-66....
as for tiger.... its europe's best indigenous combat chopper! just like EF-2000.

Back
Top Bottom