What's new

France to expel anyone threatening security in name of Islam: Minister

An example: a US national marries a UK national, and they settle in Canada. They can keep all three passports.

Unless you wish to present a source to support your contention, of course.

If obtained by marriage that is different, if one applies for another citizenship his US citizenship will be revoked. BTW I have produced a source from the state department, also why someone would want any citizenship besides US is beyond me that blue passport can take you anywhere in the world. :coffee:

Nope, wrong if one is offered UK citizenship because they married a person from UK than that is fine but if they apply for Canadian on top of it the US consulate will revoke the US citizenship but ask them to abdicate it first. If one is living in Canada with a UK citizenship isn't it technically the same thing anyway (being that Canada is commonwealth realm they wouldn't need to apply for Canadian citizenship), I could be wrong though Canadians are free to clear up that for us??

If obtained by marriage that is different, if one applies for another citizenship his US citizenship will be revoked. BTW I have produced a source from the state department, also why someone would want any citizenship besides US is beyond me that blue passport can take you anywhere in the world. :coffee:

Nope, wrong if one is offered UK citizenship because they married a person from UK than that is fine but if they apply for Canadian on top of it the US consulate will revoke the US citizenship but ask them to abdicate it first.

The fact remains that USA allows multiple citizenships, not just two. Whether you accept that or not is up to you, Sir.

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) neither defines dual citizenship nor takes a position for it or against it. There has been no prohibition against dual citizenship, but some provisions of the INA and earlier U.S. nationality laws were designed to reduce situations in which dual citizenship exists. Although naturalizing citizens are required to undertake an oath renouncing previous allegiances, the oath has never been enforced to require the actual termination of original citizenship.

Although the U.S. Government does not endorse dual citizenship as a matter of policy, it recognizes the existence of dual citizenship and completely tolerates the maintenance of multiple citizenship by U.S. citizens.

I support France if people are behaving violently then they should be expelled. I support all peaceful support and I have no regards for any violent protest by anyone. I follow this rule for everyone everywhere.

The reason I hate violent protest because people harm innocent who have no relation to the incidence they are protesting.

The fact remains that USA allows multiple citizenships, not just two. Whether you accept that or not is up to you, Sir.

I gave you a source from the state department that says otherwise, you are the one being stubborn here whether you accept it or not it is not allowed, unless you are going to say the state department is giving out wrong information that would be another thing entirely.

I gave you a source from the state department that says otherwise, you are the one being stubborn here whether you accept it or not it is not allowed, unless you are going to say the state department is giving out wrong information that would be another thing entirely.

Please see my post above for the relevant quote.

The law still says no if some consulates do not enforce the law that is their prerogative, I know some consulates that do enforce the law like when my uncle applied for US citizenship they told him to give up his other citizenship and he did no problem. Although it might vary depending on the country of origin.

PS- I noticed that you quoted the INA, in any circumstance the State department would overrule their jurisdiction so one should refer to them first.

Example meaning if some countries are flagged by the state department their citizens would probably be asked to give up their citizenship than some country that isn't. ( A Pakistani is more likely going to be told to surrender his old citizenship than a British man because the perceptions of Pakistanis is not favorable). However, let us just care to disagree.

The law still says no if some consulates do not enforce the law that is their prerogative, I know some consulates that do enforce the law like when my uncle applied for US citizenship they told him to give up his other citizenship and he did no problem. Although it might vary depending on the country of origin.

PS- I noticed that you quoted the INA, in any circumstance the State department would overrule their jurisdiction so one should refer to them first.

I know people with three passports. More are possible too.

Edit: Sure, we can agree to disagree. :)

I know people with three passports. More are possible too.

Why do they have three passports for?

On topic I agree with this decision of France, the Muslims in Europe are out of control they need to be put back into their place.

Why do they have three passports for?

Why do people climb the Everest? Because it is there? I don't know.

Actually, it helps with onerous permanent residence requirements and property ownership etc. Being a citizen helps with those matters, and also with estate planning, plus other things too.

On topic I agree with this decision of France, the Muslims in Europe are out of control they need to be put back into their place.

On topic, it is a matter of national security, that is all. It should not be seen as a religious matter.

You gotta love those Frenchies.. ;)

Always direct in the face ...... No pretenses...

On topic, it is a matter of national security, that is all. It should not be seen as a religious matter.

Still, it is the Muslims they are talking about and if you see the way the Muslims behave in that region you cannot really blame them for being cautious. Let's call a spade a spade.

anyone disagrees on the " grounds" for expelling someone as stated by the minister?

Only in the sense that i feel there was no need for the mention of Islam.

France to expel anyone threatening security

Covers every thing with out singling out any particular group.

Only in the sense that i feel there was no need for the mention of Islam.

Covers every thing with out singling out any particular group.
Well , he is not beating around the bush and is sending a clear message to the intended audience. More over, he spoke at a mosque opening ceremony. Talk about guts!

Back
Top Bottom