What's new

France to deploy air defence battery to Turkey's southern border

Lets compare what NATO has done for Turkey vs what Turkey has done for itself

NATO deployed a significant force with some of the latest SAMs, Germany for example deployed nearly half of its Patriots, potentially leaving itself exposed.

Now lets see what Turkey has done, oh yes, Turkey handed a 2.5 billion contract to a country they almost went to war with, a country that has bombed the shit out of your allies in Syria, a country that put trade restrictions on you.

and you are here, blaming NATO for everything, and insulting anyone that doesn't agree with you.

Such an ignorant comment coming from an Azerbaijani member is seriously mindblowing. Turkey has done more than enough of its share for the alliance, we support nearly every action, send soldiers to various countries to support NATO missions, in fact, Turkey has the second-largest military presence in abroad missions with nearly %14 after the Americans. Turkey has dedicated itself to the NATO mission for a very long time but every time Turkey needed something they were like "naah, meeh". The Twitter flood above even listed everything, they very clearly stated they wouldn't support in case of anything serious or even blamed Turkey in that instance. Look at how they're protecting the small Eastern European countries from that "Russian aggression ", sending their THADS and the F-35's. So, just kindly f*ck off, please.

Why are Azeris either so Russian loving or Russian hating btw? Normally you guys would support the Russians, what happened? :)

NATO deployed a significant force with some of the latest SAMs, Germany for example deployed nearly half of its Patriots, potentially leaving itself exposed.

Now lets see what Turkey has done, oh yes, Turkey handed a 2.5 billion contract to a country they almost went to war with, a country that has bombed the shit out of your allies in Syria, a country that put trade restrictions on you.

and you are here, blaming NATO for everything, and insulting anyone that doesn't agree with you.

Disappointing for an Azeri Turk. What a pity.

Don't call them Turk, They're Russian Azeris.

As I explained above, I think he does not want to understand.

This is NATO's mission. NATO has to do that(NATO Article 5). There's nothing to be grateful for. I think you can read this Turkish source.. https://www.globalgundem.com/turkiyenin-natoya-katkilari-neler/

ARTICLE 5: The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all; and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defense recognized by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area. Any such armed attack and all measures taken as a result thereof shall immediately be reported to the Security Council. Such measures shall be terminated when the Security Council has taken the measures necessary to restore and maintain international peace and security.

Last edited:
Why are Azeris either so Russian loving or Russian hating btw? Normally you guys would support the Russians, what happened? :)

its called having personal opinions, I personally would not support my country handing one of the biggest military export contracts to a nation it almost went to war with only a year or 2 ago.

but hey, NATO bad right

Disappointing for an Azeri Turk. What a pity.

Lol disappointing because I don't agree with everything Turkey does? I still support Turkey, as its our biggest ally, but you have some problems if you think I am obliged to agree with everything, just because we are brothers.

Handing a 2.5 billion contract to Russians was a mistake, the Russians are playing you against NATO.

If nato cant sell shit along with putting restrictions on Turkey. I think its good Turkey went with the S400.

If nato cant sell shit along with putting restrictions on Turkey. I think its good Turkey went with the S400.

What? US has THAAD and Patriots up for sale. France, Italy and Turkey are already working on a deal to co-produce SAMP/T, the only thing US refuses to do is tech transfer, which I don't really blame them for.

Back
Top Bottom