What's new

France starts ban on full-face veil

Anything is wrong in the link I have provided???

Mis-spelling, extra words happen all the time for this type of forum typing. It should be "various networks". However, it seems that there is nothing wrong with "infiltrate into" since I do see such phrase several times in published news articles.

As for the 2nd link, if you do not like that one, check this: Netbooks: A Target Towards Education - TopTenREVIEWS

Well, get more efforts to check everyone's spelling and make sure check yours as well.

About saving face??? I do not even know who the hell you are and what part of saving face I have to do for you??? Who the hell do you think you are???

If you are going to quote me the "free dictionary" courtesy of professor Google, at least quote me the whole shabam, which is here. We'll be the judge as to which usage is less awkward.

How about googling a little harder and find me a construct similar to your "infiltrate into various of networks"?

There is no shame in admitting that you don't know how to use prepositions. Put aside the preaching and learn something. We are all trying to do that around here.

Lol ... glad you like comedy. Do you need a course on googling? C'mon, even 工农兵大学 cannot be that bad ... did you buy a diploma to come to the USA?

In your example, it says "Common Cause pushes Target towards clean elections". Here "Target" is not only a noun, it's the name of a friggin' retail company all over your home of the brave!

And you are using "Target" the department store to justify your illiterate construct as in "targeting towards Muslims"?

It just goes to show that Amrika's main problems are not terrorists, or foreclosures ... and not even drug dealers, but the H1-B visa holders with fake credential papers.

Now humour me, tell me you put up the example above as a joke ... so we can both "save face". Actually don't do it for me. Do it for brotha Speeda. Now how is it gonna go down when he sells to everybody that Chinese people are the most intelligent?

Was'nt this thread about " France starts ban on full-face veil"?? :what:
And to talk about English language writing and comprehension skills is "bit too much", don't you think ? Takes off-topic trolling and derailing to some "unusual heights" or should I say "depths".

Well, he kept doing so by attacking me, what can I do?

Was'nt this thread about " France starts ban on full-face veil"?? :what:
And to talk about English language writing and comprehension skills is "bit too much", don't you think ? Takes off-topic trolling and derailing to some "unusual heights" or should I say "depths".

Most heart-felt mea culpa captain. Professor e-Phony and I are just cross-posting back-and-forth from there.

But don't you think a little grammar education is more important than whatever little antics Froggies serve up from time to time? :what:

No? Then carry on with your discourse on face-veil and put me on the "ignore list" ... isn't it simple?

Most heart-felt mea culpa captain. Professor e-Phony and I are just cross-posting back-and-forth from there.

But don't you think a little grammar education is more important than whatever little antics Froggies serve up from time to time? :what:

No? Then carry on with your discourse on face-veil and put me on the "ignore list" ... isn't it simple?

So you think this is a "Grammar Forum" and we can play act at being "Professor Higgins" ? If that makes your day .............
Good-Bye "Professor".

As for the 2nd link, if you do not like that one, check this: Netbooks: A Target Towards Education - TopTenREVIEWS

So let's all come back to the Montessori pre-school level. I apologize for introducing concepts like "prepositions", etc ...

We are not ready.

So just the basics: is there a difference between a "verb" and a "noun"?

Do you use "target" the verb the same way you use "target" the noun?

Perhaps there is no difference. Isn't it just like everything else? There is no context, no nuance, no "finesse".

I get it ... it's just like "Secularism" ... it's one-size-fits-all. No nuance, no context, no understanding, no "nothing".

No verb, no noun ... :smokin:

Grammatically, what you said is from school's textbook.

Just like "infiltrate", it is used as transitive verb, a.k.a,及物动词。 So there should be noun after it. However, language develops in a way that certain way of usage, even though it may not be in line with original grammar rules, has been taken as an accepted way after used for quite some time.

Just like "infiltrate into" is also used in many places, just like:
Pak terrorist infiltrates into US to 'target' Times Square

"towards" as a prep, it can follow a noun, or a verb. And the meaning of the noun and verb can be the same as well.

Still in your English Test environment???

So let's all come back to the Montessori pre-school level. I apologize for introducing concepts like "prepositions", etc ...

We are not ready.

So just the basics: is there a difference between a "verb" and a "noun"?

Do you use "target" the verb the same way you use "target" the noun?

Perhaps there is no difference. Isn't it just like everything else? There is no context, no nuance, no "finesse".

I get it ... it's just like "Secularism" ... it's one-size-fits-all. No nuance, no context, no understanding, no "nothing".

No verb, no noun ... :smokin:

Story about the Burqa

Jewish women wear burqa covering their whole face???

Why don't you show the source???

This for you ephone, a person who can’t even use a simple tool like Google. Even five years olds are able to get information from Google. Do you want me to..” you show the source” of that too, ephone ?

Why Jewish Women Are Wearing Burqas

Double Standard: The frumka: Orthodox women find religion

A Jewish type of burqa, called a 'frumka', is a growing trend among Ultra-Orthodox Jewish women, although the Jewish version is more extreme than its Muslim equivalent, with women wearing up to 7 veils, 10 skirts and also gloves.
Discussing the 'frumka', Orthodox trends, and modesty and piety as status symbols

Is acting like a retard, stops you seeking the truth, a tactic that will stop you feeling like the idiot when finally realising that you are wrong ? I wonder.

Learn how to spell, you illiterate.

There are tons of mis-spelling in your posts. If I were illiterate, you are for sure the retarded one.

Calling the kettle black are we ephone ? I give up !

Last edited by a moderator:
Grammatically, what you said is from school's textbook.

... terrorist ... 'target' Times Square

:blah:

Did you example say "target towards Times Square"? :what:

We all make mistakes e-Phony. Fisheye was reasonably astute in observing that I am running "out of gas" ... there is only so much I can do to educate a fool.

You trotted out "Target" the department store adopting certain policies towards a goal, and then even served up netbooks as a "target" towards education ... to justify an illiterate construct as in "targeting towards Mulslims".

If we have to belabour this grammar bit, then so be it. Indeed a preposition can follow either a verb or a noun. However, the nuance and the meanings change ... sometimes entirely.

Targeting toward something sounds awkward ... but it can work as an expression. It will generally mean having a goal toward something. It's generally implied in a positive sense.

Targeting someone means something entirely different. It generally means aiming at individuals with the intent to "focus on", "rein in", "hold down", or "correct" ... The usage is negative.

No numbers of department stores or netbooks can justify your illiterate construct "targeting towards Muslims". It is disgraceful to argue otherwise.

But as you know my interest is far from grammar. I was merely responding to you from the other thread.

However, you utter disregard for context and subtlety is something shared on multiple fronts.

Just as in grammar - you preach about Islam, Secularism without showing any understanding of nuance, subtlety, and context ...

It reminds me of that time when you boldly claim that the PRC has nary a care for so-called world opinions when the country sorts out ethnoreligious conflicts. Then why was there an OIC fact-finding delegation in Xinjiang after the 2009 riot?

Stick to what you know, "professor". And build on that. Anything more just embarrasses yourself.

I just googled that.

It seems that those Jewish Burqa-Wearers are just so few and it is also a recent "fasion" among very few jewish women within a minority of Jewish people: "Ultra Orthodox Jews".

So that is really not representational for Jewish people at all. BTW, have they protected the ban yet?

In addition, in that case, you will not claim such ban is only targeted at muslims, will you?

The bottom of line of such ban is that it is written in French laws. You either obey it or just go home.

French and most of other European countries have been way too much lenient towards muslims "rights". As some indian members have labored with that long paragraph about China Laws towards islam, we China has been much tougher in the regard, e.g. restriction against pray, religious school and etc. Welcome to China to protest. See whether we give a fxxk what you protest.

I just googled that.

It seems that those Jewish Burqa-Wearers are just so few and it is also a recent "fasion" among very few jewish women within a minority of Jewish people: "Ultra Orthodox Jews".

So that is really not representational for Jewish people at all. BTW, have they protected the ban yet?

In addition, in that case, you will not claim such ban is only targeted at muslims, will you?

The bottom of line of such ban is that it is written in French laws. You either obey it or just go home.

French and most of other European countries have been way too much lenient towards muslims "rights". As some indian members have labored with that long paragraph about China Laws towards islam, we China has been much tougher in the regard, e.g. restriction against pray, religious school and etc. Welcome to China to protest. See whether we give a fxxk what you protest.

Wat home? france is their home ............ just like us is urs.......... n who the fxx r u to talk abt it?an imigrant living in usa ??? who hates muslims?

Maybe ovel was right abt u having some trauma........maybe coz of tht u r so hate filled against muslims n their FREEDOM.

Back
Top Bottom