What's new

France signed a contract of more than one billion with Saudi Arabia

Gabriel92

Reaction score
Country
France
La France signe un contrat de plus d'un milliard d'euros avec l'Arabie saoudite

According to reliable sources , the company ODAS , representing French interests in Saudi Arabia , has signed a state contract to state in August with Ryad totaling more than 1 billion euros for the modernization part of the military fleet of the Kingdom. DCNS , Thales and MBDA and ODAS share control .

This is a great summer for the French arms industry , which finally garnered large export contracts. After the two contracts signed with a total value of nearly 1 billion euros by EADS and Thales in the United Arab Emirates ( two spy satellites and 17 air defense radars ) , it is the turn of Saudi Arabia to release a long-awaited contract . According to reliable sources , the company ODAS , which represents the kingdom interests of French industrial DCNS , Thales and MBDA , signed in August with Ryad a state contract to state ( or LEX Life Extension Sawari 1) of more than billion euros for the modernization of four Al Medinah class frigates and two oil - tanker of Boraida class commissioned in 1985-1986 (contract Sawari I).

The contract could be put into effect on September 1. Four companies share this command: DCNS with its Saudi partner Zamil ( 700 million euros ) , Thales (less than 200 million), MBDA will equip its new oil surface to air system at very short range of MBDA Sinbad -RC (between 40 and 50 million euros ) , and ODAS ( infrastructure). ODAS was created at the request of the French government to help boost exports in the field of defense , security and high technology. ODAS operates mainly in Saudi Arabia as part of state government contracts or commercial contracts. Its shareholders include alongside the French State , a dozen major companies, including DCNS , Thales and MBDA France .

More than five years of negotiations

DCNS long-awaited signing of the contract expected for nearly two years ( negotiations began there more than five years ) to upgrade a portion of the Saudi fleet. LEX contract will be achieved in part by a Saudi shipyard, the Zamil Group . DCNS , a contract of this type is a first in Saudi Arabia. The French shipyard will have to create an industrial structure in Jeddah on the shores of the Red Sea. In addition, the rehabilitation of poorly maintained vessels will be complicated . So , the challenge for DCNS will control production costs and time in a little known group environment ... and customer satisfaction in this area to win a new contract to upgrade ( Sawari 2).

According to our information , DCNS has already got another contract worth € 150 million for the modernization of Sawari 2 frigate in the context of an overall agreement. Or 850 million total garnered by the shipyard .

FREMM multi-mission frigates to Saudi Arabia ?

But mostly DCNS has much longer term on the sale of at least six FREMM multi-mission frigates ( Sawari III). " The Lex is an important contract for the sale of frigates " were assured there is more than one year " latribune.fr " . Especially since DCNS and Paris via the ODAS structure , offering a comprehensive industrial cooperation with the Saudis assembly futures frigates to Saudi Arabia, accompanied by technology transfer (both on the sheet on the electronics) and a training component. But the first FREMM would be realized in Lorient, explained it to " latribune.fr " .

François Hollande in Saudi Arabia this fall

President Francois Hollande, who has already made an express visit to Saudi Arabia in November 2012 , had to get there this summer but the king had gone to rest abroad. The Saudis have therefore rejected this state visit , which is now scheduled for this fall . The convergence of views between Paris and Riyadh on the Syrian track is no stranger to global Franco- Saudi relations after the cold period of the five year term of Nicolas Sarkozy , as evidenced by the signing of LEX . " Riyadh has taken the time to get an idea of the new French policy makers ," said an expert in the kingdom.

Now the French manufacturers, including Thales , awaiting the signature of mégacontrat Mark 3 on the delivery of new Crotale missiles ( air defense ) . "The discussions have accelerated ," says one to the Tribune.

I am waiting patiently for the in-country production under license of the FREMM frigates, this will take our naval industry to new levels.

Everything has been discussed, and you guys will here many good things soon :) ...

I'm glad that this time we settled the score all together ;) ..
La France signe un contrat de plus d'un milliard d'euros avec l'Arabie saoudite

and I am waiting for you to get some most modern new Submarines really very soon

We are too picky, and have a very expensive taste, but when we go after something, we just do it.

Better to put that money on JV for Submarines and Surface combatants and support vessels.

Why not both? :D

That is great news. The navy has long been in need of upgrading. Besides what Mosab mentioned.

They're doing a good job, for the time being.

Everything has been discussed, and you guys will here many good things soon :) ...

We are too picky, and have a very expensive taste, but when we go after something, we just do it.

Okay and how many centuries you would take to go for submarines ?

@Gabriel92 congratulation chez mon ami on this deal for your country, now what about us Canadienne because we are trying to upgrade our fleet of Cf18 avion to possibly the JTF f35 but if Dessault Rafael can be in the works, we might change our mind. Anyway I do not want to spoil this thread with my whining :mps:.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gabriel92 congratulation chez mon ami on this deal for your country, now what about us Canadienne because we are trying to upgrade our fleet of Cf18 avion to possibly the JTF f35 but if Dessault Rafael can be in the works, we might change our mind. Anyway I do not want to spoil this thread with my whining :mps:.

A mon avis,ça va être difficile de vous vendre le Rafale.. :D

PS : are you in Quebec ? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A mon avis,ça va être difficile de vous vendre le Rafale.. :D

PS : are you in Quebec ? :D

Est-ce que tu habite dans le Québec :devil:(you spying on my location, how did you know my province) , kidding aside speak in fringlish as the mods usually let that slide plus it pisses off anglophones in Canada atleast hahah. If you get time, come down to Montrèal as it`s lots of fun(especially the poutine) and as far as langue de francais is concerned, it is understandable(to any francophone) though very old school louis francais, which i know you guys always find funny heheh. :disagree:

Upgrading it might not be a area to put money rather let AEC do that...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom