What's new

France says it cannot deliver Mistral warship to Russia over Ukraine

The Mistral is equipped, within it's blueprint, to handle the armament given to it:

Storage:
59 vehicles (including 13 AMX-56 Leclerc tanks) or a 40-strong Leclerc tank battalion

Troops:
900 (short duration)
450 (long durations)
150 (serving as operational headquarters)
20 officers, 80 petty officers, 60 quarter-masters

Weapons:

2 × Simbad systems
4 × 12.7 mm M2-HB Browning machine guns
16 heavy or 35 light helicopters
6 helicopter landing spots

Any change to add some other systems like the Mk41, CRMG, SAMs, Missile Cells, will require drastic blueprint modifications.

Changes to blueprints is pretty much making a different ship. The Mistral is priced at $600M because the French marketing team thinks it can produce enough ships to offset the R&D and also assembly line.

Much like the UAE's F-16 Block 60? Same design, but different layout. Lockheed charged for the modifications, but will repay UAE royalties if the jet sells.

This is a perfect platform for quick deployment of forces to war zones, what it lacks in armor , it gains in deployment speed and maintenance cost. The question is whether or not the Mistral will be capable of carrying and deploying the F-35Bs.

I do believe that the PLAN is designing a new AAS prototype that is similar to the Wasp Class. I can confirm this from military sources of the JMSDF. :)

Is it? :cheesy: Havent heard of that. Seems the Chinese are sure getting ambitious to match the U.S. in the coming decades.:usflag::cheesy:

Well, better to save more money to invest more in the indigenous aircraft carrier project.

Russia doesn't have the capability to build a Mistral that's why they wanted Western design and help
and yeah they can save up
but now it's going to cost a lot more to design and build a indigenous one and take more time.

Is it? :cheesy: Havent heard of that. Seems the Chinese are sure getting ambitious to match the U.S. in the coming decades.:usflag::cheesy:

Its part of their IP acquisition strategem. Bad for us, but it guarantees that they're always behind.

Remember, they're developing something similar to the Wasp class, but the Untied States Navy has already plans to decommission its Wasp class and replace them with the America Class AAS.

Yanks are always ahead of the ball game by a league or two. LOL! :azn:

The cost of 1 Hyuga class, we can buy 3 of the Chinese' Yunzhao Type 071. :lol:

ahahahahah....:lol:. Exactly, thats why i was asking you why Japanese equipments/products tend to be so expensive compared to even those we in the west produce..:cheesy:

ahahahahah....:lol:. Exactly, thats why i was asking you why Japanese equipments/products tend to be so expensive compared to even those we in the west produce..:cheesy:

We Japanese emphasize quality over quantity. :-)

Russia doesn't have the capability to build a Mistral that's why they wanted Western design and help
and yeah they can save up
but now it's going to cost a lot more to design and build a indigenous one and take more time.

Because they are spending more to maintain the sub fleet, which is considered to be more crucial for them.

I think air power based at Vladivostok should be sufficient for the near future. PAK-FA has plenty of combat radius.

Its part of their IP acquisition strategem. Bad for us, but it guarantees that they're always behind.

Remember, they're developing something similar to the Wasp class, but the Untied States Navy has already plans to decommission its Wasp class and replace them with the America Class AAS.

Yanks are always ahead of the ball game by a league or two. LOL! :azn:

Yes i know. The U.S is at least 2 decades ahead of anyone/country in the world. However, it wont be a never ending cycle. Remember there was a time when we ruled the world/ocean, Nobody could ever imagine our former subject the U.S could even come close to us.lol Today its a different story. So at some point they will catch up and even overtake if they keep growing and make use of their true potential. Remember they really just started their modernization a decade or so ago. So we will ahve to wait and see. :bounce::cheers:

Yes i know. The U.S is at least 2 decades ahead of anyone/country in the world. However, it wont be a never ending cycle. Remember there was a time when we ruled the world/ocean, Nobody could ever imagine our former subject the U.S could even come close to us.lol Today its a different story. So at some point they will catch up and even overtake if they keep growing and make use of their true potential. Remember they really just started their modernization a decade or so ago. So we will ahve to wait and see. :bounce::cheers:

I don't think Britain ever had tech superiority over Americans, did they?

I'm sure the Russians can purchase the Yuzhao Type 071 of the People's Liberation Army Navy:

Yuzhao_%28Type_071%29_Class_Amphibious_Ship.JPG

Its not that bad, it even has a tonnage of 20,000. Good news is that its cheaper than the Mistral, its at $300 million per ship. :-)

Ahahahahahah........are you nuts my friend Nihonji?. Russia will never buy such weapons from China(they might buy e parts whuch they seem to be doing now since we impsoed sanctions on them), they still see themselves as superior(which they are militarily, though not in all aspects/fields anymore) to the Chinese and have too much pride to purchase such systems from a country that was once a junior/small partner.:rofl: They will rather buy from us. How times are changing.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom