What's new

France & Pakistan to revive JF-17 Avionics/EW/Missiles deal as Indian MMRCA stalls.

I'm sure i read something to the same effect in reference to Russia. The world my friend doesn't exactly rotates around India, for arguments sake, after a decade of testing different platforms before deciding for Rafale, is India in a position to go back to the drawing board or for that matter put all it's eggs in the American basket.

Apparently one of our Middle Eastern friends who's looking for Rafales to replace Tornados is arm twisting France to approve the Pakistani deal, either overtly or covertly with the said country agreeing to play the middleman.

Sometimes it feels that Indians purchasing Rafale will deeply put PAF at disadvantage in future..
But sometimes it feels that PAF do want Indians to go for Rafale.
:-)

Say No to France!
As yepp if deal went on then I would admit Pakistan's Foreign Relations success of decade but all the work going on in PAC will be stalled and actually as a domestic newbie in preparation of avionics we will die before the egg hatch. But yeah a TOT of a radar or importing certain sensors would be fine but PAC just started KLG production at PAC and by now will be preparing to produce its V2 so tough the chances are thin but its also a reality that other than HMDS & HOBS or some sensors (IRST pod etc) French have nothing left to offer us...

Apparently one of our Middle Eastern friends who's looking for Rafales to replace Tornados is arm twisting France to approve the Pakistani deal, either overtly or covertly with the said country agreeing to play the middleman.
You mean UAE

Sorry Tornados so it seems its Saudis

Ok I will play along.
Are these "one of many friends in middle east" doing it for the Ummah concept ?Or there is something in it for them ?
Did your sources mention any timeframe for this deal ?

:

We have good historical ties with the French since we operated Mirage for quite some time...but on JF-17 Thunder I really do believe that for PAKISTANI variants we should avoid western systems....except maybe Italian.

The French should be kept at arms-distance from JF-17 Thunder, except for some export variants. The French are easily swayed by pressure from USA and fellow EU members. The French were forced to scrap the Mistral frigate deal with Russia, which had been planned for quite some time.

JF-17 needs to be as sanction/embargo proof as possible.

If Rafale deal doesn't happen...it will help us to increase our capabilities...one thing is for sure that India has been using this MMRCA deal to keep the french away from us... From 8-9 years the french are not willing to selling us anything....if you have the cash the french are willing to sell any thing... e.g. Agosta 90 B subs..let see what's the outcome...

that is why I say we must treat them with caution.....we need reliable partners, not flip floppers

need to work with reliable allies like China, Turkiye

He says exactly the the same, i.e., PAF is happy with the current avionics package and a French deal is not really required anymore.

If you go thru the thread, you will realize he is in minority (he is anyway one of the few intelligent members on the forum)

Now this story is believeable. Your highly place d source may be confused About Europe ean geography

Should not fall in the same pit again.
The whole point in conceiving JF-17 was to obtain "Embargo free" war machine . French or any western war machine / Electronics is always prone to embargo.
Try Russia,they got good avionics and far better partners than the west.

You both sides sleep Abi?
There is a DAILY, I repeat DAILY updated report on the PAF's activities(and vice versa) delivered to all senior staff. Then there are Monthly reports which are much more detailed and include everything from logistic issues the other is facing, training successes and hurdles.. along with on going procurement projects. This is all apart from the usual reports and assumptions being sent in on updated operational plans and other niceties.
This also happens on civilian level. The daily report is given to PM on all the things which are going in India.

Highly placed industrial sources have indicated to me that the deal for advanced Avionics, Radar, EW suite, HMD/S and MICA Missiles for PAF's JF-17 Thunder jets is back on the table. The deal was postponed after India removed Rafale from its MMRCA. Now that the Rafale deal with India is stalling, the French are willing to sell the whole package PAF wants for its Thunder fleet.

@Windjammer :enjoy:
I will laugh out loud when this like the imminent j10 induction, russian rd93 import, etc, etc, etc.. Will turn out to be Pakistani pie in the sky news

Back
Top Bottom