What's new

Foxbat over Pakistan the facts & fiction

Are you born stupid or just pretending to be one, we are discussing events that happened 20 years earlier....remember today MiG-25 Nishta.
what high altitude sam do you have for current threats like an mki at 60k+ft and dont say f16's

F 16 service ceiling was 50000 feet
How could it engage the MIG 25 flying over 70000 feet

There is a thing called the AIM-9X Sidewinder. Its amazing and takes out a lot of stuff from 22 KM's away. Its tested and tried many, many times. Including Iraqi Mig-25's. Trust me, it works like a knife goes through the butter :enjoy:

The OP has explained that the F-16 would be placed below 60K feet to use the Sidewinder. The second the Foxbat even turns, he loses to the drag and gravity, immediately reducing its speed and altitude. Even if he outmaneuvers the first Sidewinder, its has no chance of doing that to the second one, as it would be struggling to fight the gravity, drag, gain its momentum back and recover from the energy it quickly bled.

Its the same principle that made the U-2 and even the legendary SR-71s into non-combat planes. Once they take a turn at 70, 80K feet, its over. The time it would take them to recover is more than enough for a capable missile like the Sidewinder to pose serious threat to them.

what?
the hq-2 is useless for current and future threats

what do you have right now ?

Pakistan has HQ-9B......they don't disclose it but after that incident with the US on the Afghan border, they went ahead and deployed it in two places. I call it a "paper threat" as its not physical. Just has "aggressive" meaning to it. But it will pose a serious issue for anything coming from India flying high.

what?
the hq-2 is useless for current and future threats

what do you have right now ?
it is basically Soviet SA-2 "GUIDELINE" which is 1950-60 technology with upgraded radar
There is a thing called the AIM-9X Sidewinder. Its amazing and takes out a lot of stuff from 22 KM's away. Its tested and tried many, many times. Including Iraqi Mig-25's. Trust me, it works like a knife goes through the butter :enjoy:

The OP has explained that the F-16 would be placed below 60K feet to use the Sidewinder. The second the Foxbat even turns, he loses to the drag and gravity, immediately reducing its speed and altitude. Even if he outmaneuvers the first Sidewinder, its has no chance of doing that to the second one, as it would be struggling to fight the gravity, drag, gain its momentum back and recover from the energy it quickly bled.

Its the same principle that made the U-2 and even the legendary SR-71s into non-combat planes. Once they take a turn at 70, 80K feet, its over. The time it would take them to recover is more than enough for a capable missile like the Sidewinder to pose serious threat to them.

Pakistan has HQ-9B......they don't disclose it but after that incident with the US on the Afghan border, they went ahead and deployed it in two places. I call it a "paper threat" as its not physical. Just has "aggressive" meaning to it. But it will pose a serious issue for anything coming from India flying high.
but we have not AIM-9X

what high altitude sam do you have for current threats like an mki at 60k+ft and dont say f16's

F-16 is not a SAM .:p:
In this day of satellites and spy drones, what would MKI achieve by flying at those kind of altitudes.
In any case, Pakistan has various versions of Crotales, SPADA 2000 and there are strong rumours that it has acquired the HQ-9 which has a flight ceiling of around 90,000 feet.

In this day of satellites and spy drones, what would MKI achieve by flying at those kind of altitudes.
In any case, Pakistan has various versions of Crotales, SPADA 2000 and there are strong rumours that it has acquired the HQ-9 which has a flight ceiling of around 90,000 feet.
i knew the f16 is not a sam i would have had a strange feeling you would have thrown that in as acounter measure. no pics of the hq-9 then i dont believe you and somone said that about the hq-16 too.

Kindly spare NRI :lol:
Kuch tu log kahien gey logoun ka kaam hai kehna....
Chodu beyqar ki batoun ko kahien derail na ho jaye thread.... :lol:

there are strong rumours that it has acquired the HQ-9 which has a flight ceiling of around 90,000 feet.

Meaning that as a general SOP of the Pakistani military, they won't announce or confirm this system, unless an absolute need comes. I've analyzed this behavior for like 40 years now :lol:. But Satellites don't lie. These do exist :enjoy:

i knew the f16 is not a sam i would have had a strange feeling you would have thrown that in as acounter measure. no pics of the hq-9 then i dont believe you and somone said that about the hq-16 too.
HQ-9 is confirmed and HQ-16 are surprised for Indians....:sick:

Meaning that as a general SOP of the Pakistani military, they won't announce or confirm this system, unless an absolute need comes. I've analyzed this behavior for like 40 years now :lol:. But Satellites don't lie. These do exist :enjoy:
Which satellite you own ?

I have a Viper Sat, it's GPS coordinates are 00001200199911.92 and 00009123990023.37. This Sat is also known as my IPhone-6. Soon to be retired and replaced by a new Sat called the IPhone 7, with service life of 1-2 years till the IPhone 8 comes out :lol: :enjoy:
And that is cheap solution and alternate of expensive satellites.

I'm not here to convince any one, however for the record there are strong reporting to the effect.

Pakistan was the first country to start negotiations with China on the import of the HQ-9 medium to long-range active radar homing surface-to-air missile and the HQ-16 truck-based vertically launched surface-to-air missile, according to the April 2015 edition of Kanwa Defense Review.

It’s not surprising that Pakistan is choosing the HQ-9 to arm its air force given that its early warning aircraft and the majority of its fighters are Chinese, according to the journal.

HQ-9 is a long-range Surface to Air Missile to counter high-performance aircraft, cruise missiles, air-to-surface missiles and tactical ballistic missiles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom