What's new

Four newborn girls starved to death

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Jaisalmer, Jun 20, 2012, (PTI)

In an alarming trend, authorities here have found a series of suspected cases of newborn girls being starved to death and deprived of medicines by parents.

Rajasthan has one of the most skewed sex ratios in India and female infanticide is rampant in the state.

Police in this desert district said today that four suspected cases of female infanticide have been reported in a span of ten days in different areas here.

SP Jaisalmer Mamta Bishnoi said in all the four cases, the infants were either starved to death or deprived of necessary medication, leading to their death.

"A man was arrested for carelessness in treatment of a newborn girl in a village this week, while three other matters are being investigated and prima facie, it seems that parents deliberately did not care for the infants," she said.

According to Census 2011, Rajasthan has 883 girls between the age of 0-6 for every 1,000 boys. The child sex ratio in 2001 was 909

Four newborn girls starved to death by parents in Jaisalmer

What can reflect a better picture of secular indians having worlds largest democracy and shining economy..What a nation that can be which considers baby girls a burden and punishment , I am shocked to say much but all indians e-warriors should better teach some humanity at home before claiming their shine or whatever.This is the practice only done in india in the whole world and shows them even worst than any terrorist who atleast doesnt kill his own kids and that even a newborn the most beautiful and lively gift of Allah to any man.

What can reflect a better picture of secular indians having worlds largest democracy and shining economy..What a nation that can be which considers baby girls a burden and punishment , I am shocked to say much bull all indians e-warriors should better teach some humanity at home before claiming their shine or whatever.This is the practice only done in india in the whole world and shows them even worst than any terrorist who atleast doesnt kill his own kids and that even a newborn the most beautiful and lively gift of Allah to any man.

This is what happens when a Pakistani talks about secularism and democracy...you make no sense at all..
What has secularism and democracy got to do with it??
@OP: its not a 'World Affair' is it?Maybe start caring about Pakistan first

This is what happens when a Pakistani talks about secularism and democracy...you make no sense at all..
What has secularism and democracy got to do with it??
@OP: its not a 'World Affair' is it?Maybe start caring about Pakistan first

Democracy means equal rights for all ..Did yu guys gave the rights to those new born...
Secularism mean excluding religion ...But its in your religion that guys are more worthy than girls have you excluded religion no..

And yes its is a world affair as we the people of world need to educate the illiterate and ignorant indians the blessings of a daughter..

Though yu guys are dumbest one's but still I hope yu got what I said but I am sure yr false ego will keep on making yu argue instead of accepting the bare straight truth...

Democracy means equal rights for all ..Did yu guys gave the rights to those new born...
Secularism mean excluding religion ...But its in your religion that guys are more worthy than girls have you excluded religion no..

And yes its is a world affair as we the people of world need to educate the illiterate and ignorant indians the blessings of a daughter..

Though yu guys are dumbest one's but still I hope yu got what I said but I am sure yr false ego will keep on making yu argue instead of accepting the bare straight truth...

Hawa mein batti ????

Sad so sad and indians will come all sort of excuses to hide this barbaric act...

what can you do? that's india,and that's it !

Jaisalmer, Jun 20, 2012, (PTI)

In an alarming trend, authorities here have found a series of suspected cases of newborn girls being starved to death and deprived of medicines by parents.

Rajasthan has one of the most skewed sex ratios in India and female infanticide is rampant in the state.

Police in this desert district said today that four suspected cases of female infanticide have been reported in a span of ten days in different areas here.

SP Jaisalmer Mamta Bishnoi said in all the four cases, the infants were either starved to death or deprived of necessary medication, leading to their death.

"A man was arrested for carelessness in treatment of a newborn girl in a village this week, while three other matters are being investigated and prima facie, it seems that parents deliberately did not care for the infants," she said.

According to Census 2011, Rajasthan has 883 girls between the age of 0-6 for every 1,000 boys. The child sex ratio in 2001 was 909

Four newborn girls starved to death by parents in Jaisalmer

its a suspected case. authorities are working on it. uch news which gets suppressed in pak and china comes up in india because of its freedom. this helps curb such practices but is rampant in Pak and china

Dude..how old are you?2 or 3? Its a case of preference to male child and is a crime,the accused will be dealt with...Democracy means a government of the people,by the people and for the people...WTF has this got to do with government or democracy?
And don't regard this as a religous issue..specially not with me,i am a sikh not a hindu..but that doesn't matter because it has got nothing to do with religion.
But you Pakistanis i guess can't think beyond religions! Paranoid much?

Incredible India!Super Power which has more poor people then entire Afirca :rofl::rofl:
I think super power India is giving you nightmares...no wonder you use the same word in so many posts!

that is the very reason i hate the media,they can post the news after their death but cant feed the kids
and the very senior members of PDF using as a weapon to bash India
i feel sorry for the kids and feel pity of the pdf members like ***** lufffy

What a dumb logic? Its the parents that is to blame, not the Govt or democracy. So by this logic if some teenager gets stabbed in US, you will say that US is not a democracy as he was not given equal opportunity.

Pls don't bring religion into this. The desire for a male child is prevalent among all religions.

Did Indian Govt or any of us Indian members here deny those infants to live?

More like traditional Hindu-phobic verbal diarrhea from the other side of the border.

Is any Indian member here even remotely suggesting female infanticide?

Though yu guys are dumbest one's but still I hope yu got what I said but

Something tell me, even dumbest of us are going to have competition here, dicussing with you :lol:

I am sure yr false ego will keep on making yu argue instead of accepting the bare straight truth...

Your perception of truth?

Back
Top Bottom