What's new

Four Mi-24 HIND Defection&Landing into Pakistan (1985 & 1987)

After their brief service with PAA, i believe some were handed over to US.

13.jpg

7.jpg

These pics are pretty good,
it can be used for propaganda purpose on Indian defense pages to give them night mares that Russia has delivered Mi35 to Pakistan this week :enjoy:

@Sarge How two of these machines with Afghan pilots on board, were captured?

@Sarge How two of these machines with Afghan pilots on board, were captured?
they ran away and landed in area adjacent to Pak-Afghan border i.e miranshah,chitral,qillah etc
Also force landed some,like these mig-21 and su-22 for example.
af11_001.jpg

The force landing was not exactly forced it was "unintentionally imposed",An-24 was destroyed by PAF f-16 which scared the shit out of every DRAAF( Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Air Force) pilot,so much so they defected like little kids,Pakistan was like that edhi wala jhola for afghan pilots.
PGTm10r.jpg

Pak captured Hind in China
Mi-24 Hind.jpg

Last edited:
Arrival of Afghan MI-8

In 1978, the first defected helicopter landed at Samungli. Routine flying was going on in the circuit and since MI-8s were already present at Gurkha Airfield thus PAF controller did not pay any attention. As the helicopter made finals, the controller gave him a piece of mind for non adherence to the rules.

When MI-8 landed at the mid of runway, a fire crash tender was tasked to inquire about any assistance. Soon air traffic controller saw all the Firemen standing next to the helicopter with their hands up. Base Commander and other officers reached the spot and realised that it was an Afghan helicopter and its crew was armed with weapons seeking asylum. This helicopter was later flown by the pilots of 4 Squadron and was baptised with No. 1133.

@dexter

Pakistan already gave assistance to USA regarding Mi-24.

Maybe they just wanted to steal one from Gaddafi. But the most important aspect that it was Mi-35 not Mi-24 that were stolen from Libyan base.
What makes it different from our side is that Americans never showed any picture of that captured Libyan hind nor sent it to any aviation museum to show it to general public.

Last edited:
Maybe they just wanted to steal one from Gaddafi. But the most important aspect that it was Mi-35 not Mi-24 that were stolen from Libyan base.
What makes it different from our side is that Americans never showed any picture of that captured Libyan hind nor sent it to any aviation museum to show it to general public.

they ran away and landed in area adjacent to Pak-Afghan border i.e miranshah,chitral,qillah etc
Also force landed some,like these mig-21 and su-22 for example.
View attachment 335406
The force landing was not exactly forced it was "unintentionally imposed",An-24 was destroyed by PAF f-16 which scared the shit out of every DRAAF( Democratic Republic of Afghanistan Air Force) pilot,so much so they defected like little kids,Pakistan was like that edhi wala jhola for afghan pilots.
PGTm10r.jpg

Pak captured Hind in China
View attachment 335419
wooh! I wrote this? Savage.

aviation magazine pak army is a delight to read
----

there was an article i read in 2007 reg Ops in s waziristan when an Mi 8 of pak army took an rpg in the cabin yet managed to limp to dhamial base on improvised site repairs and with a shattered instrument panel
the Mi8 was brand new and even the russian warranty team refused to believe it could survive such an ordeal

point, russian Mi helis are damn rugged

7:15 onwards:

Landing of Mi-24 in Pakistan and deployment of Pakistani Army against imminent Russian Airborne Attack.

Some shots of the Afghani Mi24, they actually flew for some time by Gallants Sqn in Quetta
IMG_20190731_135624_edited.jpeg
IMG_20190731_130710_edited.jpeg
IMG_20190731_135918_edited.jpeg
IMG_20190731_135935_edited.jpeg
IMG_20190731_134441_edited.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom