What's new

Founder of China : Cantonese - Hakka

Ancient Chinese used Classical Chinese as the official language. And dravidian languages are totally unrelated to Sanskrit, unlike Classical Chinese which is the literary written form of ancient Chinese and is related to all Chinese dialects.

Chinese dialects will share far more vocabulary, pronouns and grammar with each other than with Vietnamese, Korean, and Japanese. When writing Chinese dialects and the other languages in characters you can immediately spot the difference.

mandarin: ni hao, wo shi guangdong ren 你好、我是廣東人
cantonese: nei ho, ngoh si gwong dung yan. 你好、我是廣東人
Minnan: lí hó, góa sī Kńg-tang lâng 你好、我是廣東人
hakka: ngi ho, ngai si Kóng tûng ngìn 你好、我是廣東人

vietnamese:Xin chào, Tôi là Người Quảng Đông. 嗔嘲, 晬罗
2029A.gif
廣東

Japanese: Konnichiwa, watashi ha kanton jin desu こんにちは, 私は広東人です

Korean: Annyeong, jeonun gwangdung saram imnida 安寧, 저는 廣東 사람 입니다

South Indian languages are influenced by Sanskrit and the Sanskrit had been used in South India since ancient times. Genetic studies also shows people of North and South has same genes, people in North having higher ANI lower and ASI while in South higher ASI and lower ANI. 
@Wholegrain
It's not necessary to offer too much explanation, just enough to rebut this indian. Do you think he is genuinely interested? This is a guy who posted on previous page, and other threads, that southern chinese are not han chinese, do you think he really doesn't know both are Han chinese? Do you think he doesn't the diff between a dialect and language or he is just looking for an opening to troll?

See how he stole your chart and use it to troll (though he ended up making a complete fool of himself ) Post # 98:
India woos Japan and Vietnam to challenge China's South Asia dominance | Page 7

Genetic studies shows Hans have 8-9 kinds of haplogroup which shows Han is not a pure race as some of the Chinese were claiming and abusing others.

Cantonese and Vietnamese sound so bad, but Cantonese is still better since we are still using Hanji and the sound is not as weird as Vietnamese.
Personal opinion. 

I don't really think so...

Well, i have watched some TVB dramas in Cantonese, it sounds ok to me.

But Vietnamese, on the other hand, sounds totally alien to me.

I agree. I somehow dislike how my dialect sounds. :rofl:
As a mandarin-only speaker(quite standard), I always wonder how foreigners feel the mandarin. Does it sound weird for them or just good? There is no way to figure out the answer by my self cause I'm totally soaking in it. Any non-Chinese speakers share their opinions?

As a mandarin-only speaker(quite standard), I always wonder how foreigners feel the mandarin. Does it sound weird for them or just good? There is no way to figure out the answer by my self cause I'm totally soaking in it. Any non-Chinese speakers share their opinions?
Ask them there lol. They're expats in China.

serpentza - YouTube
Austin Guidry - YouTube

Not sure. We might need to ask some non-Chinese members in here.

Chinese sounds like someone is singing in general conversation.

Back
Top Bottom