What's new

Forum Update 2020|Feedback and Discussion

Do you like the new style/theme of the forum?

• Yes

• No

• Not Sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
You can access My threads there too. What my content are you talking about?
Your content, not my content. That's my mistake.
I am totally happy with new theme.
But there is a request to improve color contrast, as much of forum has same shade of green, and thus remain camouflaged. The new shout box area specially needs a distinctive color scheme to make it more visible.

Your content, not my content. That's my mistake.
I am totally happy with new theme.
But there is a request to improve color contrast, as much of forum has same shade of green, and thus remain camouflaged. The new shout box area specially needs a distinctive color scheme to make it more visible.

Bro, i am not understanding what you want. Please show screen shot or provide more details.

If the text was darker then it is OK. Not very much different from the old version other than mouse over to see the ratings/nos of posts and more like options of emoticons.

Bro, i am not understanding what you want. Please show screen shot or provide more details.
This picture was my first idea. That will be a best thing I will say. Nevertheless, Its just an opinion.

Untitled.png

Second idea was shoutbox area. This area should be some what prominent, so that it is not mixing in rest of the text on this site. For example see the colors on red text box and see how invisible they are.
Untitled1.png

Overall, this change is fantastic, tbh. Few small changes are definitely needed. Current version of site has greatly enhanced the user experience.
One more suggestion. The shades of green should be little bit darker. Just for visibility.

Screenshot_2020-08-29 Ukrainian Air Force exercise almost ends in disaster.png

i think there is a problem in embedding tweets only links are showing not the content.

navigation is an issue for me. I know we will learn to live with the new format but I do ask myself why fix something which is not broken.

Do the admins have a list of changes they agree with and will do, and those they do not agree with and wont do ? People are suggesting, but on the whole nothing seems to have progressed over the last 5 days now on making this forum useable again...

e.g. the backdrop image should take seconds to remove, yet it is still here..

And, the new shoutbox is a poor replica of the previous one, ie why can't it show all "individual" posts as they are occurring? that way you can see which topic currently the one most people are involved with? The "Latest post" simply moves that post to the top ....

None of the views/filters on the shoutbox gives you that sense of a new "breaking" hot topic.. as you saw for 26 Feb, 2020 when the forum went crazy.. you dont get that same sense from the filters on the "new shoutbox"..

None of the views/filters on the shoutbox gives you that sense of a new "breaking" hot topic.. as you saw for 26 Feb, 2020 when the forum went crazy.. you dont get that same sense from the filters on the "new shoutbox"..

This new ShoutBox is "Apni marzi ka malik", sometimes it refreshes and most of the time it doesn't. When you click on the post its not visible in the thread for a few minutes so we can forget the days when a hot thread used to get a flurry of quick replies in a couple of minutes.

Judging from this new ShoutBox post lists, forum traffic is quite low and most of the new threads are only getting few replies and responses which show poor navigation design in new templet and many members not participating anymore.

just for comparaison about Colors.

8A7BAA70-2258-42E0-A2F1-843A51BC9D4E.png

And now an example of the old but gold world :

B84C1CE3-CEE3-4B72-90DD-96F1E1394766.png

And now the mess about the editing / attaching pics / preview :

C1450531-E996-427F-886C-6EDA59FE2FDD.png

Itq’s such a mess that I don’t have the force/courage to explain it. But the Editing part and the Preview part should be well separated

Colors are still not adapted for people my eyes.

Last edited:
PDF should give medal of stupidity who ever did this new web layout,this is hassle full ugly difficult and time consuming to browse,it will be my reason to leave this fourm if I did,

Good keep it up ! Make it more idiotic ,is a 7 year old kid making this new layout ? now added annoying color scheme to forum sections, why you people don't make it cartoon network at once instead of doing it in bits and pieces ,I have learned that most of admins team is composed of kids so good work kids, you have turned it to your likings,

eeewwww.,...... what the "what" ..... is it with the "unicorn puke"... ergo, Coloured Forum names ??? How distracting is that ?!?!?!??!
defence_pk_unicorn_puke.png

personally speaking i like the new filters to sort all the threads by forum sections wise on a single page but strongly suggests to remove the rainbow type color highlighters from the forum section names instead using a forum header likewise color scheme or something from the following

Screenshot_2020-08-31 #3b5d5e Color Hex.png

Screenshot_2020-08-31  Latest threads .png

Errors in Latest Threads

sxCeTuPtm1.gif

I really appreciate the hardworking of the mods specially Dear @WebMaster for making a new template easier to access and navigate and its getting better day by day, here is suggestion regarding latest threads addition at the top of forum display, would like to share the its not properly displaying the all latest thread instead there is mix of latest post and latest threads, when we click on latest thread it also showing the threads from 2013 and so on. So fixing it will be great and will it make it perfect.
Kudos for all the men behind this extensive task and personally sorry, we all are mocking but i knew its a really tough job to satisfy each and everyone, i am not asking for any favors but only sharing the suggestions for the betterment of this new layout.
@WebMaster

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom