What's new

Forum members, How do poor of Pakistan can even survive??

imadul

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I watched this video and got really disturbed. I had about PKR 240000 with someone in Islamabad. Gave 90000 someone who was seriously ill, 50000 I gave to my sister for her daughter marriage.
Just 20000 left after ibgave away more to other needy people, I have requested to distribute 500 each to the lobourere sitting on roadside hoping someone can hire them which is shamefully nothing.

This is anonymous forum so I am posting there. Request to all other to do whatever you can. These importers has sent the country to abyss. I am feeling total hopeless.

*At least 40 million people are victims of modern slavery worldwide - with nearly 25 million trapped in forced labour and about 15 million in forced marriages.

*Almost three-quarters are female - and one in four a child - with modern-day slavery most prevalent in Africa followed by Asia and Pacific.

*North Korea has the world's highest rate of slavery, with about one in 10 people enslaved, followed by Eritrea (9.3%) Burundi (4%), Central African Republic (2.2%), Afghanistan (2.2%), Mauritania (2.1%), South Sudan (2%), Pakistan (1.7%), Cambodia (1.7%) and Iran (1.6%).

*India is home to the largest number of slaves globally, with 8 million, followed by China (3.86 million), Pakistan (3.19 million), North Korea (2.64 million), Nigeria (1.39 million), Iran (1.29 million), Indonesia (1.22 million), Democratic Republic of the Congo (1 million), Russia (794,000) and the Philippines (784,000).

*At least 40 million people are victims of modern slavery worldwide - with nearly 25 million trapped in forced labour and about 15 million in forced marriages.

*Almost three-quarters are female - and one in four a child - with modern-day slavery most prevalent in Africa followed by Asia and Pacific.

*North Korea has the world's highest rate of slavery, with about one in 10 people enslaved, followed by Eritrea (9.3%) Burundi (4%), Central African Republic (2.2%), Afghanistan (2.2%), Mauritania (2.1%), South Sudan (2%), Pakistan (1.7%), Cambodia (1.7%) and Iran (1.6%).

*India is home to the largest number of slaves globally, with 8 million, followed by China (3.86 million), Pakistan (3.19 million), North Korea (2.64 million), Nigeria (1.39 million), Iran (1.29 million), Indonesia (1.22 million), Democratic Republic of the Congo (1 million), Russia (794,000) and the Philippines (784,000).
Thomsen Reuters Foundation, figures they don't talk bad about the USA with all their private prison labour working for 25 cents an hour or all the illegal immigrants smuggled in working under the table below minimum wage.

Thomsen Reuters Foundation, figures they don't talk bad about the USA with all their private prison labour working for 25 cents an hour or all the illegal immigrants smuggled in working under the table below minimum wage.

Your point is well taken but, at the end of the day, it is more important to focus on improving life for fellow citizens, regardless of what happens in another country.

Your point is well taken but, at the end of the day, it is more important to focus on improving life for fellow citizens, regardless of what happens in another country.
I suppose my issue is by what methodology they came up with the figures and how accurate can it be, they even state it is only 'estimated', a red flag that hints they don't actually have enough hard evidence to support claims. I don't doubt such problems exist, but these human rights reports tend to be put out by groups with certain narratives they want to push and agendas to advance.

What does "slave" mean in this article? What are the criteria? China has 3million slaves? I have never seen any slaves.

What does "slave" mean in this article? What are the criteria? China has 3million slaves? I have never seen any slaves.
I think they consider "maid" as slave labor

Indonesian women who become maid is only those living in villages and only graduate in junior high school. Once all of our population reach high school level at minimum, there will be less likely Indonesians become maid

Now, Indonesians are using this in their home and some middle class family dont use maid at all

@Homajon

bruh, you slave?

Pakistan army to people:
FB_IMG_1654910444795.jpg

It is predicted that a lot of developing countries will face economic hardship for the next year or so. Sri Lanka is already in a mess :undecided:

What does "slave" mean in this article? What are the criteria?

Forced labor or forced marriage.

People who are paid very little or not paid at all. Often entire families work for free, including young children, to pay off old debts.

Girls who are forced to marry (usually much older) men. Poor families want to get rid of their daughters so they don't have to feed them any more and they become someone else's 'problem'.

Back
Top Bottom