What's new

Formidable Indian Martial Arts

@<u><a href="http://www.defence.pk/forums/member.php?u=140026" target="_blank">INDIC</a></u> it is called 'Gatka'. It is now nothing more than a ritual, the result of the oppression that the British Raj enforced onto the Sikh Nihangs. The original art, however, has not been lost. Shastar Vidya is still being practiced in Punjab.

Here is the Wiki Link:

Gatka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This one Manipuri martial art Thang-Ta on India got Talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I say you implied it was Chinese? Gosh, why are you so sensitive.

lol , i just pointed out these ppl to be scammers ,

actually u claiming it not to be Chinese states tht i somehow was using the video to demean Chinese MA so unfortunately im not the one being sensitive.

That's some Japanese martial arts

This video is not about martial arts. It's robbery and assault. You are sick. It's the same reason why Indian rapists are so rampant.
It is Chinese superiority in action. And please show me actual statistics on Indias "rape problem"? If anything China is worse. Unfortunately CCP red tape won't release statistics.:cheesy:

Pachila Pooran suits best for u chinese its some what similar to kung fu ..:coffee:
attachment.php

@Fattyacids

thats Kalaripayattu..and thats what we call Urumi(Flexible Sword)...

Urumi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pray that you never see this in action against you.. :omghaha: don't know where did you find this $h!t...

Not gonna lie, Kalaripayattu, ancient as it may be, does not look fit for practical use, more like an intricate (and dangerous) dance performance than anything combat related.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not gonna lie, Kalaripayattu, ancient as it may be, does not look fit for practical use, more like an intricate (and dangerous) dance performance than anything combat related.

none but only newest martial arts are for practical use..nobody is going to carry sword or Urumi now a days..its best if you learn something like Krav Maga now...its deadly and its practical..

Krav Maga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

none but only newest martial arts are for practical use..nobody is going to carry sword or Urumi now a days..its best if you learn something like Krav Maga now...its deadly and its practical..

Krav Maga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have taken a few krav maga lessons. I also do some boxing once in a while.

I remember there was a movie that was released this year, Commando (?) and the lead actor was meant to be a student of Kalaripayattu. From the trailer, his style of fighting is completely different to that from the above documentary.

I have taken a few krav maga lessons. I also do some boxing once in a while.

I remember there was a movie that was released this year, Commando (?) and the lead actor was meant to be a student of Kalaripayattu. From the trailer, his style of fighting is completely different to that from the above documentary.

In India,there is only few Krav maga institutes and the fee is sky high..me too wants to learn krav maga,but only practiced few Downloaded tutorials,which is somewhat good..yup..I heard about Commando,but never watched the movie..

Does anyone know what Indian martial arts is this? What is Nokku Varmam & Choondu Varmam?
I'm deeply intrigued.

This is from kalari which is the traditional fighting art from Kerala.

Kalari traditions went along with ayurveda (medicines). The video itself appears to be a fake but the art of Nokku varmam and Choondu varmam is real. The only real practitioner of both I knew of was my great grand uncle. I have heard stories of him from my grandmother and father who learnt kalari for 3 years before he left it. He did not teach Nokku Vermam to anyone to the best of my knowledge and he taught Choondu Vermam (attack by one finger, on energy points in the body) to only one of his disiple who later was a factory worker in chennai. No idea what happened to him or if he passed on that knowledge to anyone.

This might be a lost art for all you know .....then again it might not be. You never know.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom