What's new

Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf arrested

Lawyers behaving like gangsters.
Beating up any pro musharraf crowd outside courts

These people are a disgrace to the lawyer community.

Since the judges movement, there has been a misconception that lawyers and judges are God-sent angels on Earth.

The behavior of these lawyers is fit for a thug. When Musharraf has come to the court or anybody for that matter, they start shouting and throwing objects. One nutcase threw a show...someone else beat up a fellow lawyer during a election matter.

These people are a disgrace to the lawyer community.

Since the judges movement, there has been a misconception that lawyers and judges are God-sent angels on Earth.

The behavior of these lawyers is fit for a thug. When Musharraf has come to the court or anybody for that matter, they start shouting and throwing objects. One nutcase threw a show...someone else beat up a fellow lawyer during a election matter.

What is totally clear is that there is nobody leading any institution in Pakistan these days with competence or fairness. Jiss ki laathi uss kee bhains. Everybody is abusing whatever authority they have, whether it is judiciary, military, politicians or bureaucracy. It is unfair to single out any one sector to be blamed. We all are to blame. We all are in this together. We all are sinking together because we all are taking sides and blaming only one side that we dislike, and supporting the side that we like, and we all forget that fairness and justice requires supporting the truth blindly, not what we fancy. Look at this forum as an example.

What is totally clear is that there is nobody leading any institution in Pakistan these days with competence or fairness. Jiss ki laathi uss kee bhains. Everybody is abusing whatever authority they have, whether it is judiciary, military, politicians or bureaucracy. It is unfair to single out any one sector to be blamed. We all are to blame. We all are in this together. We all are sinking together because we all are taking sides and blaming only one side that we dislike, and supporting the side that we like, and we all forget that fairness and justice requires supporting the truth blindly, not what we fancy. Look at this forum as an example.
I agree with you that all are to blame, but atleast the others dont go around posing themselves and angels and messiahs.

The politicians are ridiculed day and night, but they accept their fallacies...same with the Army and bureaucracy. But the lawyers since the 2007 movement have been shown as righteous people while infact they are as corrupt as any other pillar of state.

Another group that comes under this category is media...baghl main churi mum main raam raam.

I agree with you that all are to blame, but atleast the others dont go around posing themselves and angels and messiahs.

The politicians are ridiculed day and night, but they accept their fallacies...same with the Army and bureaucracy. But the lawyers since the 2007 movement have been shown as righteous people while infact they are as corrupt as any other pillar of state.

Another group that comes under this category is media...baghl main churi mum main raam raam.

Look at how we pretend that we are the Land of the Pure. We all pose as angels and messiahs. And we all are frauds at some level or another too. The results speak for themselves. As a nation, we are sinking every day.

Yes, I am aware of the interim or new constitution tha musharraf brought, after suspending the original one. However, that doesn't make his act unconstitutional, because he ahd no authority to suspend the original one in the first place. Unless the constitution is amended through a proper legislative procedure by thee will of the people, it still stands.

You are turning to what I have never argued in this thread. I never made any comment on legitimacy or illegitimacy of his act in isolation - what all I referred to was an amendment in constitution that protected Musharraf from any persecution. Anyway, are you sure you know a provision in constitution pertaining proclamation of emergency & contorted justifications of previous ones by SC?

Are you trying to say that constitution in 99 was never suspended because Musharaf had no authority to suspend it? If that the case then everything that Musharaf did was absolutely illegal and unconstitutional, for he issued PCOs and LFOs in the presence of a legally operative constitution & under article 6 it is high treason! Now what is your point?

What makes the said act unconstitutional, without wordplay, is the fact that operative constitution bars any of such acts. The constitution which was operative at that time allowed no one to suspend it - and as you yourself has stated that he (Musharaf) had no authority to suspend the constitution so by all means his act remains unconstitutional.

Suspending the constitution is unconstitutional. That may sound paradoxical, because if the constitution is suspended, then there is no constitution to be unconstitutional any more. However, if that was the case, why do you think the constitution has such an article in it? Surely there is no point in making it unconstitutional to suspend the constitution?.

What? What are you trying to put up? Suspending an already operative constitution is unconstitutional in itself! Whats your point?

You got to understand the meaning of provision in a constitution, don't confuse it with articles. Read the provision about proclamation of emergency in part X of the constitution of Pakistan you'll discover a lot different. Even in your constitution there's a provision about emergency now does it mean your constitution allows generals to intervene every now and then?

So if a strongman, throuugh the power of guns and gunmen, declare the constitution void, that doesnt mean that the constitution's clear instruction against such an act becomes void. I am pretty sure that he can still be tried for suspending the constitution and the legislature and judiciary. Whether he will be or will not, I don't know.

You are not getting anything despite of clearance. Look, Musharaf after intervention in 99 issued a Provisional constitutional order and asked judges of SC and HC to take an oath on it - they took and vindicated his intervention and allowed him to stay as chief executive of the country for 3 years. Musharaf afterwards held a presidential referendum, exceeded the mandate given to him by his own judges, and got himself elected as president of Pakistan. He restored the actual constitution of the country and issued presidential orders in his favor. Presidential orders are of short life, have life of 60 or 90 days - He as a president issued LFO which allowed elections to happen (2002 elections) & by manipulation got his own party, PML-Q, elected. Now that means a parliament elected by people of Pakistan came into existence, no matter how it came into existence. The Parliament through 17th amendment validated each and every order (till 2003) that Musharaf had ever passed. Since he enjoys immunity, given to him by the parliament elected by people of Pakistan, he cannot be prosecuted for his actions he took till 2003. However, as pointed earlier, his act of imposition of emergency in 2007 does not have any parliamentary indemnity & he can be persecuted for this.

So to keep the story short, this episode tells us that EVERY politician in Pakistan is innocent and the only guilty politician out there is Gen (R) Pervaiz Musharaf

even if you are more thick headed that beavis & butthead + Homer Simpson combined you will find that hard to digest ...

he had done a lot of works for Pak.he was a great general but he had done may mistakes

Who is "next general" to kick people on their butt or head? You support outlaws and law-breakers? Congratulations you had your mindset rule already and what came out of it - Lal Masjid - Bugti - largest insurgency - largest in-land-migrations - NRO - Terrorism and a party which has 0.1% popularity in the country? Good keep toeing this line ans this seems to be line of prosperity for 0.1%. For rest of us Law of the Land needs to kick everybody's head who has been outlaw. No discrimination, no tolerance and no-nonsense - just Justice and that for all.
Thanks Yes I Support Those Who Are Ready To Fight A Dedicated Fight Against Terrorism Of Talibans, Who Ade Giving Thier Blood To Save Motherland & Yes I Dont Support Those Who Cowradly cant Take A Word Out Of Thier Useless Mouths Against Tallibans, Like Your Leader Fast Bowler Imran Khan, A Coward Who Cant Speak A Word Against TTp in Public By Naming Them terrorists?:lol::wave:

Thanks Yes I Support Those Who Are Ready To Fight A Dedicated Fight Against Terrorism Of Talibans, Who Ade Giving Thier Blood To Save Motherland & Yes I Dont Support Those Who Cowradly cant Take A Word Out Of Thier Useless Mouths Against Tallibans, Like Your Leader Fast Bowler Imran Khan, A Coward Who Cant Speak A Word Against TTp in Public By Naming Them terrorists?:lol::wave:

Musharraf the coward couldn't utter Zia ul Haq's name the God father of militancy, could he? ALL law breakers will be dealt with. Long live Judiciary, the pride of Pakistan :coffee:

1. First of all: Ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha....!!!!! Yes, that's me laughing at you Musharraf supporters on this and other Pakistani defense forums and Facebook. You guys are KIDS! Kids for thinking that Musharraf was relevant in Pakistan after he left Pakistan. To be relevant you need support like Benazir or Nawaz Sharif have. And if you had studied Pakistan's violent history then you would understand that Musharraf was history.
2. Now, I, along with the recent Dawn editorial, categorically oppose this lynching of Musharraf by the judicial and political mobs. If Mush were to be lynched then so should those in military, judiciary, and politics who have helped him. Mush is irrelevant--let him sulk in his irrelevance.
3. Here is another one: Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....!!! This time for those here who were spouting theories like 'muk mukao' through KSA etc to influence Nawaz Sharif; the latter will not stop short of some grave punishment for Musharraf.
4. If Musharraf is humiliated then it will send a wrong message to the minorities, especially to the Mohajirs. Don't underestimate that! Apparently, the most someone from Punjab suffers is 1-2 years in prison before enjoying cushy lives in the Suroor Palaces KSA.

1. First of all: Ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha....!!!!! Yes, that's me laughing at you Musharraf supporters on this and other Pakistani defense forums and Facebook. You guys are KIDS! Kids for thinking that Musharraf was relevant in Pakistan after he left Pakistan. To be relevant you need support like Benazir or Nawaz Sharif have. And if you had studied Pakistan's violent history then you would understand that Musharraf was history.
2. Now, I, along with the recent Dawn editorial, categorically oppose this lynching of Musharraf by the judicial and political mobs. If Mush were to be lynched then so should those in military, judiciary, and politics who have helped him. Mush is irrelevant--let him sulk in his irrelevance.
3. Here is another one: Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....!!! This time for those here who were spouting theories like 'muk mukao' through KSA etc to influence Nawaz Sharif; the latter will not stop short of some grave punishment for Musharraf.
4. If Musharraf is humiliated then it will send a wrong message to the minorities, especially to the Mohajirs. Don't underestimate that! Apparently, the most someone from Punjab suffers is 1-2 years in prison before enjoying cushy lives in the Suroor Palaces KSA.

I also think that Musharraf should be made to apologize to nation for his actions and exiled.

I also think that Musharraf should be made to apologize to nation for his actions and exiled.

Perhaps. But then so should others, from Justice Munir of the 50's through Justice Iftikhar Chaudry of the recent years--and all the justices, politicians, and generals in between.

But Pakistani establishment--that now includes politicians significantly--are narrow minded, vengeful, uncouth, and ultimately self destructive to Pakistan. They have singled out Musharraf--an IRRELEVANT entity--and are going to waste so much national energy over him. In the end they could make him a martyr for Mohajirs.

Perhaps. But then so should others, from Justice Munir of the 50's through Justice Iftikhar Chaudry of the recent years--and all the justices, politicians, and generals in between.

But Pakistani establishment--that now includes politicians significantly--are narrow minded, vengeful, uncouth, and ultimately self destructive to Pakistan. They have singled out Musharraf--an IRRELEVANT entity--and are going to waste so much national energy over him. In the end they could make him a martyr for Mohajirs.

Beg to differ, in my opinion PA has been a major failure in pursuing Pk's interests. Grilling Musharraf will nicely serve the purpose of giving PA a blunt message that it won't be on the driving seat anymore and further adventurism will not be welcome.

As for Mohajirs I think Mushy should not be hanged but should be grilled till he breaks down then exiled. Far worse happened to Punajbi PM without instigating Punjabis.

Musharraf the coward couldn't utter Zia ul Haq's name the God father of militancy, could he? ALL law breakers will be dealt with. Long live Judiciary, the pride of Pakistan :coffee:

While Quoting Genrls Name Zai-ul-haq Shb Sure his So Called Son Nawaz Sharif Should Be In The list Of Hangings? Right:lol:
While Why Dont You Say It Correctly Long Live monte Carlo Judiciary, & Long Live Arsalan Chodri?:rofl::wave:

Beg to differ, in my opinion PA has been a major failure in pursuing Pk's interests. Grilling Musharraf will nicely serve the purpose of giving PA a blunt message that it won't be on the driving seat anymore and further adventurism will not be welcome.

As for Mohajirs I think Mushy should not be hanged but should be grilled till he breaks down then exiled. Far worse happened to Punajbi PM without instigating Punjabis.
Dont Cry Thn If PA Comes With Heavey Boot On Everyones Back, & you Guys Again Needs Kulsoom Sharif To Do Some Thing On Mall Road?:whistle::wave::lol:

While Quoting Genrls Name Zai-ul-haq Shb Sure his So Called Son Nawaz Sharif Should Be In The list Of Hangings? Right:lol:
While Why Dont You Say It Correctly Long Live monte Carlo Judiciary, & Long Live Arsalan Chodri?:rofl::wave:

haha Zia was such a bad seed that NS has to apologize to the nation :lol:The freedoms of democracy, see how the system works! NS is coming back with a bang. Daikho Daikho Kon Aaya? Shair Aaya, Shair Aaya :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom