What's new

Former Iranian intelligence officer says Tehran ordered downing of plane over Lockerbie

Yamam

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Who was responsible for the 1988 bombing of Pan Am flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland? While the Libyan government was thought to have masterminded the terrorist attack, a bombshell documentary by Al Jazeera quotes a former Iranian intelligence officer as saying that it was Iran that ordered the atrocity.

British newspaper the Telegraph cites documents obtained by the Qatar-based pan-Arab satellite network which claims that Iran had recruited a terrorist organization based in Syria to carry out the bombing.

The former agent, Abolghassem Mesbahi, who defected to Germany from Iran, is quoted by the Telegraph as saying that flight 103 was downed in retaliation for a US Navy strike on an Iranian civilian airliner six months earlier which killed 290 passengers and crew.

According to Mesbahi, the Ayatollah Khomeini instructed Iranian operatives “to copy exactly what happened to the Iranian Airbus.”

It was previously thought that Libya was responsible for the bombing. A former Libyan intelligence officer, Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, was convicted by a Scottish court for the bombing and sentenced to life in prison.

I always suspected it was Iranians and 'palestinians'. The latter because the radio bomb was the kind 'palestinians' used. Exactly the same.

Interesting though. Anyone know much about this guy?

What a cocincidence. I was watching a BBC documentary about Lockerbie 2 days ago where the Iranian connection was discussed. Not only by the persecutors in the UK and US but also among the Libyans.

In fact even one of the relatives of a victim said that he did not believe that this was only the work of one man - al-Megrahi. He also promised to work for the truth to come out since he did not believe the official story completely.

The fact that this terrorist attack happened about 6 months after the Iran Air Flight 655 also points to this being an revenge.

Iran Air Flight 655 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
So called former agent Abolghassem Mesbahi has ZERO credibility. He has also accused Iran of masterminding the 9/11 attacks , after every terrorist attack Abolghassem Mesbahi shows up to say that he has "1st hand evidence" that Iran is involved. Yet no one knows who he is or where he comes from. But he is always in court accusing Iran. You guys should research this guy before believing this garbage.

source:Are Crackpot Liars Being Used to Tie Iran to 9/11? | Alternet

Last edited:
What a cocincidence. I was watching a BBC documentary about Lockerbie 2 days ago where the Iranian connection was discussed. Not only by the persecutors in the UK and US but also among the Libyans.

In fact even one of the relatives of a victim said that he did not believe that this was only the work of one man - al-Megrahi. He also promised to work for the truth to come out since he did not believe the official story completely.

The fact that this terrorist attack happened about 6 months after the Iran Air Flight 655 also points to this being an revenge.
They certainly had the motive.

I remember a lot of unease in the intelligence community because they were under huge pressure to catch the culprits and there was always debate about whether they got the right ones.

At the moment the west is playing kissy kissy with Iran, so I expect this to be 'ignored' in order to carry on with nuke negotiations.

At some point in the future when the regime collapses, we're going to learn some very ugly truths about what Iran has done since 1979.

Tit for tat for shooting down our airliner? The timing of the revelation is interesting, however. I wonder how much Israel paid this figure...

Tit for tat for shooting down our airliner? The timing of the revelation is interesting, however. I wonder how much Israel paid this figure...

Why is this so outrageous? Iran were at war with the West at that time. They shut down a similar passenger jet full of Iranian civilians 6 months previous to the Lockerbie. It all makes perfect sense. This was an revenge.

The real strange thing is seeing Saudis and Israelis jointly bashing Iran on a news that has almost zero credibility( I am not denying it, I am just apprehensive about the so called evidence being presented here).

Saudi Arabia might as well recognise Israel and allow them to open an embassy in Riyahd.

The real strange thing is seeing Saudis and Israelis jointly bashing Iran on a news that has almost zero credibility( I am not denying it, I am just apprehensive about the so called evidence being presented here).

Saudi Arabia might as well recognise Israel and allow them to open an embassy in Riyahd.
They might even send King Abdullah to the Wailing Wall! :o:

Nothing to do with Israel or Saudi.

Just because the two countries don't have relations, it doesn't mean that on some subjects they can't agree. In fact, the majority of the region has the same opinion about Iran.

The region has many vying factions that see eye to eye on certain issues. Like the MB and Iran, Hamas & Iran etc.

What has this to do with Saudi Arabia? Or Israel for that matter?

What I find even more hilarious is how an Ahmadi cult member like you (member number 1 out of the two here - the other one is @Jaanbaz ) is so obedient to the same Mullah's that would not hesitate to deem you two "enemies of God" and then hang you by cranes in broad daylight.

The same Ahmadi cult that has EXCELLENT relations with the European elite and Israeli elite. Don't make me laugh.:lol:

It is even more hilarious that Iran, who was the strongest Israeli ally until the officer-son (Shah) was dumped in 1979, is seen as some kind of anti-Israeli champion while they have never touched Israel directly in a war. Let alone Israel supporting the same fake wannabe-Arab Mullah's during the Iraq-Iran war by selling military hardware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_support_for_Iran_during_the_Iran–Iraq_war

Yet I would have no problem with having ties with Israel like with any other rational state under the condition that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict will be solved. Whatever outsiders not even native to the ancient ME think about that I do not care about.

Nothing to do with Israel or Saudi.

Just because the two countries don't have relations, it doesn't mean that on some subjects they can't agree. In fact, the majority of the region has the same opinion about Iran.

The region has many vying factions that see eye to eye on certain issues. Like the MB and Iran, Hamas & Iran etc.

Yes but you are conveniently forgetting that not only did Muammar Ghaddafi accepted responsibility for the attack but also paid compensation. Was he mad or the people who are championing the truthfulness of these "findings".

What I find even more hilarious is how an Ahmadi cult member like you (member number 1 out of the two here - the other one is @Jaanbaz ) is so obedient to the same Mullah's that would not hesitate to deem you two "enemies of God" and then hang you by cranes in broad daylight.

The same Ahmadi cult that has EXCELLENT relations with the European elite and Israeli elite. Don't make me laugh.:lol:

It is even more hilarious that Iran, who was the strongest Israeli ally until the officer-son (Shah) was dumped in 1979, is seen as some kind of anti-Israeli champion while they have never touched Israel directly in a war. Let alone Israel supporting the same fake wannabe-Arab Mullah's during the Iraq-Iran war by selling military hardware.

Yet I would have no problem with having ties with Israel like with any other rational state under the condition that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict will be solved. Whatever outsiders not even native to the ancient ME think about that I do not care about.

Yeah and so what? Even Pakistan supported Iran in that war and why wouldn't Pakistan support Iran when Iraq was arming separatists in Pakistan? Besides the Ahmadis are right despite who they follow, Saudis and Israelis do work together in ganging up against Iran in fact you were at the forefront with your cousin cousin shtick until yamam aka mozambique aka the 10 other accounts he used to have went all crazy on KSA as well. Besides gaddafi of Libya admitted he was the architect but you will still accept propaganda as long as it is against majoosis right?

Despite that you say you have no problem with having ties with Israel so why you wanna lash out when that is exactly what the dude is saying. :cuckoo:

Ok kid, I know your a hormonal teenager who gets turned on by proving to everyone how great muslims you are because you are hashmite or whatever, but the moment you sidestep my argument and attack me directly for my religion you lose all credibility. Do not quote me again unless you can have a serious discussion without throwing juvenile curses. It makes you look like an idiot.

As for relations with European and Israeli elite, it wasn't the ahmadis who begged the kafir British to give them independence after betraying the ottoman khilafat.

Yeah and so what? Even Pakistan supported Iran in that war and why wouldn't Pakistan support Iran when Iraq was arming separatists in Pakistan? Besides the Ahmadis are right despite who they follow, Saudis and Israelis do work together in ganging up against Iran in fact you were at the forefront with your cousin cousin shtick until yamam aka mozambique aka the 10 other accounts he used to have went all crazy on KSA as well.

Despite that you say you have no problem with having ties with Israel so why you wanna lash out when that is exactly what the dude is saying. :cuckoo:

Lol its okay, he is a young teenager who has taken to trolling on forums. I think he gets a thrill out of mentioning his religious credentials or abusing the religion of another. Every single time I have debated with him he has replied you are an Ahmadi cultist blah blah.

Yes but you are conveniently forgetting that not only did Muammar Ghaddafi accepted responsibility for the attack but also paid compensation. Was he mad or the people who are championing the truthfulness of these "findings".
His country was facing massive sanctions and other difficulties. It had gone beyond the point of him denying it.

Perhaps Libya had some involvement, who knows - all I'm saying is that there has been a suspicion for a long time that Iran's hand was involved.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom