What's new

Former Irani political adviser talks about plans to destroy Israel and capture Mecca

yeah, exactly :lol:

Actually, many Iranians have lived in Arabian countries or they have trade with them and they have learnt Arabic and specially the khaleeji accent as well.
BTW, I have asked from my arab friends(one of them was Saudi, and another ones were egyptians and Moroccan) that how much dialects of Arabic are different from each other, and their responses have been very different. Some of them told me that the difference is not big while one of them even told me that sometimes they cannot be even considered as mutually intelligible. So, I got confused about it.
BTW, do you know which type of arabic is taught in Iran? I guess it should be MSA. Actually, we learn this type of arabic to understand Quran texts.

Actually, Iranians and Arabs have lived together for thousands of years in this region and our languages, cultures and traditions have mixed a lot. specially between Iran and Arabian peninsula countries and Iraq. I hope one day, all of these rivalries and non-sense fights fades away and we can get our region, the middle east, which is the birthplace of civilization in the world, back to its golden era.

:tup:

Yes, I know that. There have been mutual relations way before the words "Arab" and "Iranian" even came to existence. This is actually very correct. Many people have written books about that and I recall there is a center that promotes friendship between the Arab world and Iran. At least the Arab world neighboring Iran and I know that there are Arab and Iranian writers and educated people that are members of such groups, organizations etc.

Well, this is somewhat a difficult question to answer. In principal we are talking about the same language but due to the HUGE (I mean really huge) geographical distances there are great differences. For example if a farmer from Oman near the Arabian Sea 12.000 km away met a farmer from Morocco near the Atlantic Ocean they would have a hard time understanding each other fully. If they spoke in their dialects only or sub-dialects of their overall dialect. But they would eventually make each other understandable.

Today MSA or fus7a as it is also called is taught universally across the Arab world. In news broadcast etc. But for example the standard Egyptian Arabic (Egypt has quite a few Arabic dialects like most Arab countries has) is generally mutually understandable in most of the Arab world due to Egyptian cinema, music etc. Likewise Lebanese is popular. Hijazi Arabic (Urban Hijazi Arabic) is also fairly popular and used many times for news broadcast in KSA to the remaining Arab world and inside the country.

I would need to write a very detailed post and complicated to explain most of the important things but in general the dialects bordering each other have more in common than dialects 1000's of km away. But notice that this is not ALWAYS the case for historical reasons such as cultural influences, migrations etc. I good example is Libyan Arabic which is quite close to Najdi Arabic despite being located far from KSA. This is because most of the Libyan Arabs that settled in Libya well over 1000 years ago and continued to settle until not THAT long ago mostly came from Najd. Overall it is quite complicated.

Let me just say that Khaleeji Arabic, contrary to popular belief, is a small dialect in KSA and the wider Arabian Peninsula in terms of speakers alone. It is only spoken in Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, Northern Oman and the coastal regions of the Eastern Province in KSA. In total 200.000 people speak it in KSA and many of them are Shia Twelvers.

To make matters worse there is significant difference between the dialects of Kuwait and Northern Oman for example despite both belonging to the Khaleeji family. Bahraini Arabic also differ greatly and sometimes or often is considered as a separate dialect in the Arab world.

KSA has quite a few Arabic dialects. But the most dominant are Hijazi and Najdi dialects. Hijazi Arabic (Urban one) is very close to Egyptian, Sudanese, Syrian and Yemeni also due to geographic proximity, cultural influence and history. More than any other dialect.

While Najdi Arabic is closer to Khaleeji dialects and the Iraqi dialect, especially the one spoken in Central and Southern Iraq.

It is known as the Baghdadi Arabic:

Baghdad Arabic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Baghdadi gilit Arabic, which is considered the standard Baghdadi Arabic, shares many features with Gulf Arabic and with varieties spoken in some parts of eastern Syria. Gilit Arabic is of Bedouin provenance, unlike Christian and Jewish Baghdadi, which is believed to be descendant of Medieval Iraqi Arabic. Until the 1950s Baghdad Arabic contained a large inventory of borrowings from English, Turkish, Persian or Kurdish language.

A very simplified map of the dialects:

15mip2v.png

In reality, to make matters worse, there are sub-dialects in each dialect although those are very close dialects to the overall dialect let us presume Hijazi Arabic.

But if you just master MSA then you will have no problems anywhere. I mean on such a huge land area in so many historical regions people are bound to have different dialects and I only see that as a richness to the language. It would be boring if all spoke in the same way. Maybe that is just me?

If you search on google people have made many posts about this subject, studies and also some natives talk about those differences on forum about languages and Arab forums. It is quite interesting.

Yes, I believe that the Arabic taught in Iran is MSA. I would assume that because that is mostly the case when non-Arabs are taught Arabic across the world and in Arabic schools across the world. Of course you can have an Egyptian teacher on those schools which means that he would probably have an Egyptian accent and maybe teach a bit of Egyptian Arabic but the standard procedure is to teach MSA.

Yes, I agree very much with you on your last section of your post. It is a shame that we people never learn. Especially when we are quite close at the end of the day compared to most other people in the world. If not 95%. If Europe could make peace despite being much more different in culture (overall) than the Middle East region and having a MUCH, much bloodier history (belief it or not) then the Middle East should easily do the same. If not the region will not prosper as ONE body which would be the best but only a few countries here and there.:)

Sorry for the long reply.

Last edited:
@al-Hasani
Thank you so much for your complete and solid reply.
Now, it makes more sense for me, however some facts like Libyan accent and its proximity to Najdi dialect are really complicated. one needs to have a solid background in both linguistics and even history to understand better some of the differences.
Thanks

To give you a little idea. He made a few mistakes in the different dialects but it is just an overall impression and nothing scholarly. It is just to give you an idea of some of the differences in dialect.

Bur for a non-Arabic speaker and an Indian he is very impressive.

There is nothing called "Saudi" dialect but anyway.:D

Last edited:
Who is this guy that nobody knows? A MOSSAD traitor again

This is a trustable source

Zionist terrorist caliing to explode Iran --->>

157948_5_.jpg

To give you a little idea. He made a few mistakes in the different dialects but it is just an overall impression and nothing scholarly. It is just to give you an idea of some of the differences in dialect.

Bur for a non-Arabic speaker and an Indian he is very impressive.

There is nothing called "Saudi" dialect but anyway.:D

The first video had many interesting points. It seems that the Tunisian dialect is pretty weird :lol::lol: and It seems that she does not like their dialect at all.:lol:
Anyway, the indian guy was using some made up names for the dialects. I guess he meant khaleeji dialect when he said Emarati, and he meant Najdi or Hijazi when he said Saudi dialect. :lol: but in overall, he was very good in imitating arabic.

Who is this guy that nobody knows? A MOSSAD traitor again

2lbno02.jpg

JEW, JEW, JEW, JEW, JEW, JEW, JEW, JEW, JEW, @elis is a JEW, JEW, JEW, JEW, JEW, JEW and a MOSSAD agent!

2w4lnxd.gif

The first video had many interesting points. It seems that the Tunisian dialect is pretty weird :lol::lol: and It seems that she does not like their dialect at all.:lol:
Anyway, the indian guy was using some made up names for the dialects. I guess he meant khaleeji dialect when he said Emarati, and he meant Najdi or Hijazi when he said Saudi dialect. :lol: but in overall, he was very good in imitating arabic.

Well, I must admit that I am not much familiar with the Tunisian Arabic. In terms of Maghrebi dialects I a more familiar with Moroccan and to a smaller degree Algerian Arabic from my time in Paris. Tunisian Arabic is the most similar Arabic to the Middle Eastern Arab dialects (Libyan Arabic is not included in my list since it is in my opinion more similar to the dialects of the Arab Middle East despite being classified as Maghrebi) though compared to Moroccan and Algerian so it surprised me that she used Tunisian Arabic as an example of an dialect that is hard for her (An Arab from the Middle East) to understand. I would personally have picked Moroccan Arabic. But once again Morocco and Algeria have different dialects themselves some more closer to the Arabic dialects of the Arab Middle East and some less.

You can read more about Tunisian Arabic here below:

Tunisian Arabic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a song I quickly found in partially Tunisian Arabic:

Here is another song in Tunisian Arabic:

I actually like the Tunisian dialect best of all Maghrebi dialects.;)

We have 3 Tunisian members here from what I remember so they could maybe explain themselves.

Yes, exactly.;)

Last edited:
Well, I must admit that I am not much familiar with the Tunisian Arabic. In terms of Maghrebi dialects I a more familiar with Moroccan and to a smaller degree Algerian Arabic from my time in Paris. Tunisian Arabic is the most similar Arabic to the Middle Eastern Arab dialects (Libyan Arabic is not included in my list since it is in my opinion more similar to the dialects of the Arab Middle East despite being classified as Maghrebi) though compared to Moroccan and Algerian so it surprised me that she used Tunisian Arabic as an example of an dialect that is hard for her (An Arab from the Middle East) to understand. I would personally have picked Moroccan Arabic. But once again Morocco and Algeria have different dialects themselves some more closer to the Arabic dialects of the Arab Middle East and some less.

You can read more about Tunisian Arabic here below:

Tunisian Arabic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a song I quickly found in partially Tunisian Arabic:

Here is another song in Tunisian Arabic:

I actually like the Tunisian dialect best of all Maghrebi dialects.;)

We have 3 Tunisian members here from what I remember so they could maybe explain themselves.

Yes, exactly.;)

I guess the first video said something about jews at 0:48 :lol::lol::lol: maybe elis is interested in this video:lol::lol:
Both of the videos were interesting, thanks for sharing them ;)

I guess the first video said something about jews at 0:48 :lol::lol::lol: maybe elis is interested in this video:lol::lol:
Both of the videos were interesting, thanks for sharing them ;)

I am sure he is although it is nothing anti-Jewish.

Here is a song in Libyan Arabic. Even people that are only slightly familiar with Arabic and its many dialects would notice the closeness to the Arabic dialects of the Middle East. I am obviously familiar with Najdi Arabic so I notice a lot of similarities.

It is even described in this Wikipedia article or any literature about Libyan Arabic.

Libyan Arabic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two major historical events have shaped the Libyan dialect: the Hilalian-Sulaimi migration, and the migration of Arabs from Muslim Spain to North Africa following the reconquista. Libyan Arabic has also been influenced by Italian, and to a lesser extent by Turkish. A Berber substratum also exists.

Banu Hilal and Banu Sulaym were from Najd so.
As is the case with all Bedouin dialects, the /q/ sound of literary Arabic is realized as a [ɡ], except in words recently borrowed from literary Arabic.

Some of the particular Youtube comments are also from KSA noticing the same thing, LOL and greetings are exchanged between the two people on many Youtube clips and forums I have noticed for a long, long time.

Here is another Libyan song:

Last edited:
I am sure he is although it is nothing anti-Jewish.

Here is some songs in Libyan Arabic. Even people that are only slightly familiar with Arabic and its many dialects would notice the closeness to the Arabic dialects of the Middle East. I am obviously familiar with Najdi Arabic so I notice a lot of similarities.

It is even described in this Wikipedia article or any literature about Libyan Arabic.

Libyan Arabic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Banu Hillal and Banu Salaym were from Najd so.

yes, you are right. the dialect and the accent of this video seems definitely more familiar for me. I have heard Khaleeji, and Iraqi dialects, and as what that indian guy was saying, saudi dialect before in Iran and in videos, ..., and I feel that this video is very close to them. :enjoy:

yes, you are right. the dialect and the accent of this video seems definitely more familiar for me. I have heard Khaleeji, and Iraqi dialects, and as what that indian guy was saying, saudi dialect before in Iran and in videos, ..., and I feel that this video is very close to them. :enjoy:

That is correct. Glad that you could notice it. I think it is crystal clear compared to for example some of the Moroccan, Algerian and Tunisian Arabic dialects although you have dialects in those 3 countries that are similar to the Arab dialects spoken in the remaining Arab world it has to be said.

Here you can listen to two small songs from the Jazan region in KSA which lies between Hijaz and Yemen. The region has big influences from both regions and was part of both regions/countries.

The last video is filmed mostly in the Tihamah coastline and near a famous wadi but the houses are traditional houses that the fisherman used to live in. Today mostly Afro-Arabs or refugees live in those. The architecture in the Jazan province (traditional) is similar to the Yemeni and and Hijazi architectures.

Anyway I think that we are slightly off-topic here.;)

Of course I will not comment on the music video/clothes in the last video or the dances. Those dances are NOT traditinoal dances.:lol:

Last edited:
That is correct. Glad that you could notice it. I think it is crystal clear compared to for example some of the Moroccan, Algerian and Tunisian Arabic dialects although you have dialects in those 3 countries that are similar to the Arab dialects spoken in the remaining Arab world it has to be said.

Here you can listen to two small songs from the Jazan region in KSA which lies between Hijaz and Yemen. The region has big influences from both regions and was part of both regions/countries.

The last video is filmed mostly in the Tihamah coastline and near a famous wadi but the houses are traditional houses that the fisherman used to live in. Today mostly Afro-Arabs or refugees live in those. The architecture in the Jazan province (traditional) is similar to the Yemeni and and Hijazi architectures.

Anyway I think that we are slightly off-topic here.;)

Of course I will not comment on the music video/clothes in the last video or the dances. Those dances are NOT traditinoal dances.:lol:

yes, the difference between that video and Tunisian videos was clear for me.
The singer's cloth in the second video was also very very familiar for me since we have mostly seen khaleejis and saudis with this type of clothes. we call it "Arabian cloth" , "لباس عربی" in Iran.:lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom