What's new

Former additional secretary of Pak Election Commission, exposes massive rigging in 2013 elections!

14 people dead and additional 90 shot by Punjab police and SC is sitting oblivious. This is the same court whose CJ was taking suo motto on everything including business deals.

I see the script with corruption of one institution after another being exposed gradually. Anarchy is unlikely as once the mobile networks and tv channels are switched off, PA can control any rogue elements on the streets.

Deep States exist everywhere! UK, USA, you name it they exist. It would be foolish to think otherwise.

CJP Iftikhar indeed took Suo moto of anything that came to his notice. The last CJP Siddiqui was not big of Suo moto, neither is this current CJP Khawaja.

What do you wish to say?

I have seen that on another thread you have been justifying 'hawala system' for money transfer. That just proves that you would support anything that IK says. You would not be satisfied unless IK is somehow able to parachute himself into PM seat.

'Ends Justify the Means' - this is PTI motto.

There deep state and then there is DEEP STATE. By trying to provide a weak justification you seem to equate UK, USA, and conveivable Scandinavian countries with Egypt and Thailand.

Deep State has a specific meaning in context. It means Armed forces, Judiciary, and elements of civilian bureaucracy. This is how it exists in Egypt and Thailand, as well as Pakistan before 2009. I hope any answer that you make would keep this in mind and not reply for the sake of replying.

I have seen that on another thread you have been justifying 'hawala system' for money transfer. That just proves that you would support anything that IK says. You would not be satisfied unless IK is somehow able to parachute himself into PM seat.

Justifying? Are you sure? I said that such a system was already in practice in UK, the oldest democracy in the world! And I also said that bank to bank transfer does take place in that system too, but not on every single transaction.

To make a point, selective reading or part reading is quite a common issue!

current CJP Khawaja.

Khawaja is downright corrupt and manipulative. He has breached SC's code of conduct quite a few times. You may want to research on him, maybe then you'll understand why I said that judiciary is compromised, corrupt and biased. Supreme Judicial Council is non-functional so if anyone was to complain about a judge there's none to hear!

And Khawaja is not cjp at present

IK has made PMs resignation a ego issue. The PM should not resign till the proof of rigging is substantiated in the Supreme court..

Even then, it is not the problem of the PM. More the problem with how the EC conducts elections. The most that should/can happen is re-elections to those seats where rigging has been clearly proven.

Justifying? Are you sure? I said that such a system was already in practice in UK, the oldest democracy in the world! And I also said that bank to bank transfer does take place in that system too, but not on every single transaction.

To make a point, selective reading or part reading is quite a common issue!

What point were you trying to make? Or was it just arguing for argument's sake? IK makes an irresponsible statement, and you jump to make it seem as though what he is saying is not all that unusual. In my books, that is another instance of 'Ends justify the means' mentality of PTI supporters.

Khawaja is downright corrupt and manipulative. He has breached SC's code of conduct quite a few times. You may want to research on him, maybe then you'll understand why I said that judiciary is compromised, corrupt and biased. Supreme Judicial Council is non-functional so if anyone was to complain about a judge there's none to hear!

And Khawaja is not cjp at present

Typo, it is Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk. PTI should point this out in parliament, if they believe in the system. If they believe in the streets, then anyone who happens to be PTI-partisan can claim anything.

I just know that I got justice whenever I went to Supreme Court, if not in Lahore High Court. So no complaints from me.

As far as rigging is concerned, I bet nobody would talk about this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sana. BALOCH ‏@Senator_Baloch
In rest of Pakistan Election rigging was 30 to 40% but in #Balochistan 85% seats were decided in one high-walled compound.

Of course, apart from contributing natural resources to the rest of Pakistan, Baluchistan seems to have no other function or importance.

Afzal Khan did not talk about this, now did he? Convenient!

10628515_10152454134420528_5755895494880731746_n.jpg

Afzal Khan did not talk about this, now did he? Convenient!

Btw, I am not a PTI supporter. I condemn corruption be it by Noora, IK or Zardari, Diesel, Judges etc, that is my right.

Afzal Khan said 'rigging happened in all the place where people could'. If you had seen and listened to the full interview, you wouldn't have asked this naive question.

A story from last year about Afzal Khan:
ECP officials barred from giving media statements

However, sources in the ECP told The Nation that the immediate reason behind the issuance of this notification was a hot argument exchanged between Additional Secretary Afzal Khan and a reporter of a TV channel during the briefing of the interior minister held at the Ministry of Interior on Tuesday.

The argument started when the reporter asked the interior minister whether he had contacted political parties to discuss security situation about the elections. The ECP official started replying while ignoring the minister. Afzal Khan got infuriated when the reporter asked him whether he had the mandate to reply such questions and said, “Have you (the reporter) the mandate to interfere?” The ECP official also threatened the journalist of dire consequences.

The sources said Additional Secretary Afzal Khan had been continuously trespassing the domain for which he had no mandate. “His unnecessary and inappropriate aggressive behaviour was embarrassing not only the ECP but also earning opposition and resentment from the political parties which are of the view that a public servant is not authorised to issue political statements and make tall claims,” they added.

Btw, I am not a PTI supporter. I condemn corruption be it by Noora, IK or Zardari, Diesel, Judges etc, that is my right.

Afzal Khan said 'rigging happened in all the place where people could'. If you had seen and listened to the full interview, you wouldn't have asked this naive question.

Did you fail to understand that tweet in context? Saying "rigging happened in all the place where people could" is stating the obvious. What does that prove? Nothing. But that tweet does say something that you wish not to acknowledge.

Rebuttal: Afzal Khan interview was fixed match, says Justice Riaz Kiani - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
Rebuttal: Afzal Khan interview was fixed match, says Justice Riaz Kiani
By Dawn.com

LAHORE: Refuting the allegations made a day earlier by former additional secretary of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) Muhammad Afzal Khan that the May 2013 elections were rigged, a member of the ECP Justice (retd) Riaz Ahmed Kiani said Monday that Khan’s accusations against the government were part of a "pre-planned agenda", DawnNews reported.

Also read: People's mandate stolen in 2013 elections, says ex-ECP additional secretary

Addressing a press conference in Lahore, the ECP member from Punjab Kiani said that there was a major conspiracy behind Khan's accusations who had also alleged on Sunday that the people's mandate was ‘stolen’ due to the rigging. He said Khan's interview was a 'fixed match'.

Kiani said that he and other members of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) were against extension of contracts and claimed that Afzal had started levelling allegations when he was upset upon not receiving an extension on his contract.

“Why did Afzal Khan suddenly remember that elections were rigged after a lapse of 14 months,” he questioned, while terming the former ECP's secretary's allegations as blatant lies.

Kiani also said that somebody was providing false information to Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan regarding him. He said Imran had falsely claimed and that he had never been a lawyer for Ittefaq Foundries.

Justice Kiani said that his appointment had been made as per the Constitution and that he was proud of the fact that he could represent Punjab.

Tribunal judge
Meanwhile, election tribunal judge Kazim Malik on Monday said that Khan’s allegations, which he said had been leveled at all tribunals, were “a pack of lies”.

Malik said that, contrary to Khan’s claims, no cases were delayed in his tribunal except for those in which transfer applications had been filed by the candidates.

He said that his tribunal had also de-seated a few Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) lawmakers, and said there was no malpractice in his tribunal.

“All the cases are part of public record, and re-election has also been held on several cases,” he said.

Afzal Khan, who also goes by the name of Afzal Qadhafi, appeared on the ARY News show ‘Khara Such’, hosted by Mubasher Lucman and alleged that the general elections were ‘massively rigged’ and pointed the finger squarely at former chief justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry and retd Justice Kiani.

Khan was the additional secretary at the ECP from 2012 until his retirement just after the elections in May last year. He began his career as a journalist with the state-run Associated Press of Pakistan in 1979 and served there until 1996. He then joined the ECP as director of Public Relations, where he worked until 2003.

He was appointed the NWFP information secretary the next year, but returned to the ECP as the provincial election commissioner for the same province from July 2008 to March 2010. In April 2010, he took charge as a joint secretary at ECP headquarters in Islamabad.

The post was re-designated in January 2012 and Mr Afzal was made a director general, a position he retained until his elevation to his penultimate post. It is not clear what made him keep quiet for over 14 months since his retirement.

Did you fail to understand that tweet in context? Saying "rigging happened in all the place where people could" is stating the obvious. What does that prove? Nothing. But that tweet does say something that you wish not to acknowledge.

Tweet?? He spoke those word on camera, live, during the interview last night. Please stop selective reading!

As I said earlier, he is a whistleblower and his coming out opens up a lot of questions on judiciary as well.

Tweet?? He spoke those word on camera, live, during the interview last night. Please stop selective reading!

As I said earlier, he is a whistleblower and his coming out opens up a lot of questions on judiciary as well.

My bad, I thought that you were referring to Senator Baloch's tweet about rigging in Baluchistan. Nevermind.

My bad, I thought that you were referring to Senator Baloch's tweet about rigging in Baluchistan. Nevermind.

lol ... proves my point of your selective readying as I had clearly written "Afzal Khan said 'rigging happened in all the place where people could'. If you had seen and listened to the full interview, you wouldn't have asked this naive question."

He's right Chak. Watch the interview again. Khan said, whoever could cheat, they cheated. He even pointed his finger to 'certain' islamic parties, whom he used to admire. Never mind.

Ha Ha. Pakre gaye, Afzal Bhai. Ha Ha. Hansna to seekh lo! :D

IK has made PMs resignation a ego issue. The PM should not resign till the proof of rigging is substantiated in the Supreme court.

Also Afzal Khan gave no proof but levelled allegations against everyone in the parliament except PTI.

Ex-ECP Afzal Khan is a member of PTI and hence biased. His secret is out all over twitter, readers can check his past tweets and pics at dharnas to decide for themselves. Hahahaha Afzal bhai pakrey gaye, atleast foot steps tu sahii cover kertay...before disclosing anything, must have cleared his past history.

lol ... proves my point of your selective readying as I had clearly written "Afzal Khan said 'rigging happened in all the place where people could'. If you had seen and listened to the full interview, you wouldn't have asked this naive question."

Might not have happened if you had not conveniently ignored the very relevant tweet about 85% rigging in Baluchistan. I was expecting an answer. Is latching onto an oversight the right thing to do here? Does that prove your point? I don't think so.

The question still remains. What is the next step after his testimony? A proper legal approach or the usual reactionary out in the street madness?

It is hilarious that the main governmental avenue of a nuclear armed nation has dirty laundry(literally) hanging from the fences of prominent buildings.

Back
Top Bottom