What's new

Formal Offer for J-31 and also presention on J20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinese Media Takes Aim at J-15 Fighter | Defense News | defensenews.com

The fighter can take off and land on the carrier with two YJ-83K anti-ship missiles, two PL-8 air-to-air missiles, and four 500-kilogram bombs. But a weapons “load exceeding 12 tons will not get it off the carrier’s ski jump ramp.” This might prohibit it from carrying heavier munitions such as PL-12 medium-range air-to-air missiles.
To further complicate things, the J-15 can carry only two tons of weapons while fully fueled. “This would equip it with no more than two YJ-83K and two PL-8 missiles,” thus the “range of the YJ-83K prepared for the fighter will be shorter than comparable YJ-83K missiles launched from larger PLAN [People’s Liberation Army Navy] vessels. The J-15 will be boxed into less than 120 [kilometers] of attack range.”
Losing the ability to carry the PL-12 medium-range air-to-air missiles will make the J-15 an “unlikely match” against other foreign carrier-based fighters.

Sir,

The standard load of J15 is 12 tons-----but for air craft carrier take off---it has to reduce the weight to two tons of weapons---.

We don't need it for air craft carrier launch---we don't have one.

I have attached the above link for your information----and I am doing that because you are not too far from my age group---only 12 years younger---. If you were a teenager---I would have let you do some more research on your own

in 2014 J-15 had finished most land tests and started on board testings... So far the J-15 has conducted 14 tons payload tests (9 ton fuel and 5 ton weapons) from 195 m take-off point, and 9.5 ton payload (7.5 feul with 6 PL-12C AMRAAM and 4 PL ASRAAM) take-off from 105 m point````these are all done on carrier with 24 knots carrier speed. the payload is almost same as F-18E/F's mission payload, only with less unit launching rate (catapult vs ski-jump)

and in terms of 31, as I mentioned a year ago, 31's project is heavily relying on PLAN and foreign supports, as the state didnt put a dime in the project that put most resource in J-20.... so in the sense, wining PLAN and foreign supports (you know what it means), are vital for the project

so dont be surprised when you see a 5th gen fighter with PLA mark on it in future```

Hi

The good news coming that I mentioned at the time of Chinese president's visit----I guess it is so close in the making that it is about to get the final nod----.

Just like the U S has relationship with Israel---China has the same relationship with Pakistan---during hostilities there is a provision of delivering an x amount of aircraft to Pakistan from existing Chinese inventory----. Last time the hostilities started getting expressive---the Chinese offered paf 18 J10B's from the existing stock---out of their flight line---. Paf reserved the right to claim them if they needed them---but " what is not known is that how many does the paf have for testing and training---or if any---hehn---".
Sir, are you suggesting that the initial order for J-10's done during the time of Short Cut Aziz was infect never cancelled.

These aircraft are in China were PAF pilots train and are also maintained. This was recently also stated by one of the present Government Ministers.

Great news for PAF... What is the approximate price of the J31

This is what we want to see from CGI design, bigger and stealthy
ae74acbed2213adf85604782e5d9b6a4.jpg

Not same as CGI, can re-design it ?
erqrqyeafrduz1olk1bz.jpg

I remember, JF-17 rolled out first time in early days, it is now much like early days of J-31 above.

The most recent model, it's suppose to look like that, the fourth image is iffy, it's close to it, not sure if it is exactly that.

IMG_7168-j31.jpg

789813-j-1415789145-263-640x480.jpg

sZyCnIb.jpg

2r79atd.jpg

in 2014 J-15 had finished most land tests and started on board testings... So far the J-15 has conducted 14 tons payload tests (9 ton fuel and 5 ton weapons) from 195 m take-off point, and 9.5 ton payload (7.5 feul with 6 PL-12C AMRAAM and 4 PL ASRAAM) take-off from 105 m point````these are all done on carrier with 24 knots carrier speed. the payload is almost same as F-18E/F's mission payload, only with less unit launching rate (catapult vs ski-jump)

and in terms of 31, as I mentioned a year ago, 31's project is heavily relying on PLAN and foreign supports, as the state didnt put a dime in the project that put most resource in J-20.... so in the sense, wining PLAN and foreign supports (you know what it means), are vital for the project

so dont be surprised when you see a 5th gen fighter with PLA mark on it in future```

Hi,

All these works of fiction written by ex naval air force and army men------.

Supposedly---the U S navy aircraft take off with full weapons load and minimal fuel to sustain for take off and a short loiter time---and immediately get hooked up with a refueller----.

Simple solution for the problem---you can fill it in the air---. Chinese are just checking things out----.

What they will do is that they will take off with 3-4 tons of fuel---rest is weapons load and right after take off---refuel in the air-----.

While you kids were reading your books to get better jobs---I was finishing reading libraries---books on warfare etc etc etc---.

In the end----it is just a deception----weapons load van be increased by 3 to 5 tons additional weight----fuel load reduced by the same amount---and there is no problem.

Sir, are you suggesting that the initial order for J-10's done during the time of Short Cut Aziz was infect never cancelled.

These aircraft are in China were PAF pilots train and are also maintained. This was recently also stated by one of the present Government Ministers.

Hi,

What I am saying is that 18 were on offer for immediate delivery----and you missed the real tidbit.

The good news coming that I mentioned at the time of Chinese president's visit----I guess it is so close in the making that it is about to get the final nod----.

Sir this is the tit bit you referring too?

.. so americans in an exercise against f-22 used f-15 both air superiority fighters got result of 33-1 means 33 F-15 was shot down and than killed 1 F-22 so lets just make it half because F-35 is not and air superiority fighter and for the sake of the argument still we get 16 to 1 ratio and YOU WERE SAYING :P :D

See the bold above......its is SO over exaggerated!!! The average was like half a squadron before -22 becomes visible to modern avionics. How could a -22 kill 33 jets anyway? It only carries a few missiles. Too many fan boys writing this stuff as experts!

See the bold above......its is SO over exaggerated!!! The average was like half a squadron before -22 becomes visible to modern avionics. How could a -22 kill 33 jets anyway? It only carries a few missiles. Too many fan boys writing this stuff as experts!

Sir,

That was the overall kill score for supposedly multiple engagements and not of one sortie.

Reactions: HRK
Great development for PAF. It will force IAF to induct PakFA in numbers till FGFA is operationalised.

Sir this is going to haunt our Indian members...Coded permission acknoleged.

yeah it would be a worry for sure.

Great development for PAF. It will force IAF to induct PakFA in numbers till FGFA is operationalised.

Hi,

The one in which your nation has invested 6--7 billions so far has bad news---. Some major issues with the aircraft and it might not go into production.

You have committed a sin brother, you don't use such words to describe our neighbours "Invincible" SU30.
Now prepare for a horde of Bharti trolls

J10B has still been offered, but considering the very generous terms for J31, they will probably skip J10 and go on to J31 part of the presentation was the way J31 kicked the shit out SU30.

One J31 took out numerous SU30 in BVR in simulated combat.

Last edited:
Sir,
That was the overall kill score for supposedly multiple engagements and not of one sortie.

That still doesn't make sense. Let's see, so if the current number of active -22's is 187, we would imagine that every single one of them, whether single sear or dual, had to go on training mission. So 187 jets went off on 2 training missions each for example (which is almost nothing, but let's go with 2 missions in each jets life so far lol). That gives you 374 combat flights (again, the number should be in thousands really).

So supposedly these planes flew 374 training missions and in each mission, the pilots had to fly against a larger contingent of -15's and -16's, to make sure the pilot and the jet are trained and effective in the role designed for them, which is air superiority. So each single jet, when took out half a dozen -15's in simulated combat, that means over 2244 simulated kills had to be recorded so far as each combat flight would result in that number so you take 6*374 = 2294.

Now add reality that the fact is, each pilot flies a LOT more than 2 combat training flights.....so in simulated combat like this, for each -22, you'd have killed like hundreds of plane over many combat simulations. This is all fan boy stuff and makes no real sense.

The only real comparison is, how effective is a jet, in one light, with its fuel and allowed weapons. The answer is, it takes out about half a dozen of enemy jets, before it can be "seen" with modern avionics. If someone isn't running 4.5 gen tech, then theoretically, you could take out 8 jets per combat mission. But you can't kill or simulate more kills than what you can do in actual combat .........

Hi,

The one in which your nation has invested 6--7 billions so far has bad news---. Some major issues with the aircraft and it might not go into production.

Sir you see, We donot have much of a option either. Maybe worst case scenario we may aquire a few F35s. But being said that, I have every confidence in Sukhoi to overcome all the issues & make PakFA a success. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom