What's new

Fork and knife etiquette in South Asia

aaj main apna lunch parathe & patha gobee & matar aaloo kee sabzee chooree kaante se hee khaonga ....dekhe to sahee kitne panee me hoon?????????

Please don't injure your hands or mouth in the process :fie:

She is an American, they have the worst etiquettes! I prefer an English to teach us...

First link is from the ENGLISH

筷子呢 Kuaize ne? :D

and Chopsticks?

She is an American, they have the worst etiquettes! I prefer an English to teach us...
bad bad racism :sniper:...

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

kya iss kay leeyay be fork and knife chiyah hai? :woot:

Arabs eat it with their hands. Its traditional i guess!

mime-attachment-1.jpeg
impressive :victory:

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

I'm eating haleem right now with a spoon. And haleem is sort of a curry.
i use mouth :rofl:

"A proper British gentleman would not be caught dead with a fork in his right hand."

The fork in the right hand is considered immature, because it's like the parents cut up the meat for the children and then they can eat. The etiquette thing has no end in sight. Do you know there is actually a proper British etiquette for when to add milk to the teacup?

People who overdo the etiquette thing look just as silly as the novices.

snickers-knife-and-fork.jpg

i studied in a school that was set up by the Britishers and is some 175 years old we were even thought to eat pickle with knife and fork

In my opinion we South Asians blindly following British traditions without any logic.Our culture is not suitable for spoons and forks. Don't you think best way of eating delicious biryani by hand.
Well the whole thing with spoons and forks is you don't have to wash your hands before and after eating.
Regarding the Biryani thing it depends on your families eating style or local eating style....while growing up you get used to that eating style like I can't eat rice with hands but I won't eat roti with a fork and knife(<-my way of eating biryani) :lol:

Best way to eat :enjoy:

WTF was that all about??

Ontopic i love to eat with my hands either at home or at a restaurant, i never give a damn to anybody who thinks about my etiquette of forks nd spoons. Besides Biryani or south indian food is best eaten with hands and let me tell u i like to lick my fingers after eating, i am not a westerner i am an Indian.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fork in the right hand is considered immature, because it's like the parents cut up the meat for the children and then they can eat. The etiquette thing has no end in sight. Do you know there is actually a proper British etiquette for when to add milk to the teacup?

i eat the way i want to eat and thats the other way around ofcourse i use spoon and fork par jab roti aur salan hota hai tab maza hath say hi ata hai aur jab Chinese khana hota hai tu tab maza spoon aur fork say ata hai chopsticks fazool hoti hai thada thoda dana bhai hum spoon bhar kay har cheez dal kay khatay hai love to eat

Back
Top Bottom