What's new

Foreigners' trip to Pakistan - March 2011

that's the job of the very Pakistanis he refers to.

more often than not (at least based on blogs and other stuff like that) people have a good image of the Pakistanis they come across in real life and are shocked that they are the same people which media often falsely portrays as terrorists

it always helps to have actual contact than rely on tabloids for information

hell -- even the late Princess Diana had fallen in love and was enamored by a Pakistani

I agree but for people to people contact you have to develop your tourism industry and promote Pakistan tourism in other countries more and make tourist destinations like the beautiful Swat valley more tourist friendly! That will not only increase revenues of the province and create jobs for the jobless militants but also attract investment from a variety of places.

I agree but for people to people contact you have to develop your tourism industry and promote Pakistan tourism in other countries more and make tourist destinations like the beautiful Swat valley more tourist friendly! That will not only increase revenues of the province and create jobs for the jobless militants but also attract investment from a variety of places.

I wish that the day comes very soon where Pakistan's image is rectified, & I'm sure it's going to happen very soon. We consider our guests to be our family, & it is hard to be separated from family. Common Indians like you are family, regular citizens of every country are family to us, & we have huge hearts. Even today, as the video showed (for March 2011), the situation inside Pakistan is not as bad as what people outside the country are made to believe (& sometimes I am guilty of this as well). I really hope you get to visit Pakistan anytime soon, you will be surprised by the love you'll get from the people here. My cousin from Delhi came to Karachi for a wedding recently, & she absolutely loved it.

She called it the twin city of Bombay, it has a very progressive society, people from all over the world, & is full of extremes, just like Bombay. She had an amazing time at the weddings here, & felt closer to Karachi than many cities of India. When I visited Delhi, & especially old Delhi, I found to be very similar to Lahore. You will be amazed to see the beauty & amazing landscapes of Gilgit-Baltistan, NWFP (avoid FATA), the depth of the Hindu culture & amazing sites in Sindh, the amazing Gurdwaras & religious sites for Sikhs in Punjab & other parts of Pakistan. Besides Indian heritage, Pakistan also has Persian heritage in Balochistan, Tajik heritage (close to the Wakhi corridor; close to Kafiristan, Afghanistan) in the North, Afghan heritage in the North West, Mongolian & Tibetian heritage in Gilgit-Baltistan. Pakistan is a beautiful country full of diversity. Anyways, thanks for the post. Cheers.

by the way, this video is nice I have seen before in March 2011, so what will these foreigners think of Osama hidding exposed in Pakistan recently. They must feel lucky to get rid of Pakistan quickly before US/Pakistan tis and tat regarding Osama raid.

by the way, this video is nice I have seen before in March 2011, so what will these foreigners think of Osama hidding exposed in Pakistan recently. They must feel lucky to get rid of Pakistan quickly before US/Pakistan tis and tat regarding Osama raid.

I honestly don't think OBL's death is as big a deal for regular citizens as it is being made out to be. At least that's what my family in Pakistan tells me. If foreigners are hosted by hospitable & caring locals in Pakistan, I see no problem in visiting Pakistan right now, & having an amazing time.

There are Pakistani mohajirs who have roots in india and they feel affection for their native mother land. Simple.

One of the most loved people in Pakistan, Dr A.Q.Khan was a Mohajir from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. One of the most loved men in India, Dr Manmohan Singh was from Gah, Punjab, Pakistan. So please let's stop it with all this loyalty talk. Thanks

There are Pakistani mohajirs who have roots in india and they feel affection for their native mother land. Simple.

I'm mohajir and I LOVE pakistan so don't doubt the loyalty infact mohajir are the most patrotic group they came to this new country risking their lives,leaving everything behind and started from nothing because they wanted to live in pakistan .Mohajirs are one of the richest,most educated groups in pak they've contributed hugely to pakistan .It's evident in the fact that karachi is the economic backbone of pakistan and mohajirs having produced a disproportionate amount of scientists,generals and political leaders etc we are like the jews of pakistan kinda like what they are too america lolz.

Pakistan is facing tough time right now and all Pakistani should be united to save our country and those who think that they are more true Pakistani than others need to get out of this mentality

Pakistan is facing tough time right now and all Pakistani should be united to save our country and those who think that they are more true Pakistani than others need to get out of this mentality

yes we should all follow jinnah's example every pakistani should be equal and tolerant of other beliefs regardless of ethnicity and religion.

lol....just an old song, meeting mr mian dad :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter how peaceful a life I have abroad, no matter how bad the situation is in Pakistan, the moment the plane touches down at Lahore airport I feel different, i feel happier, more confident, i feel like i am alive again. I have learned to love my country more since i have moved outside of it.

Like i've been saying in other threads, there is limit to things going wrong and once that limited is reached, they only get better. Night is the darkest just before dawn and the current situation is by far the darkest hour for Pakistan, we will emerge from it InshaAllah.

We shall overcome, we shall over come, we shall over come some day
Deep in my heart, i still believe, we shall overcome some day (InshaAllah)

No matter how peaceful a life I have abroad, no matter how bad the situation is in Pakistan, the moment the plane touches down at Lahore airport I feel different, i feel happier, more confident, i feel like i am alive again. I have learned to love my country more since i have moved outside of it.

Like i've been saying in other threads, there is limit to things going wrong and once that limited is reached, they only get better. Night is the darkest just before dawn and the current situation is by far the darkest hour for Pakistan, we will emerge from it InshaAllah.

We shall overcome, we shall over come, we shall over come some day
Deep in my heart, i still believe, we shall overcome some day (InshaAllah)

I agree with you, even though I've immigrated here & lived in the US for 10 years, my heart is always in Pakistan. I had a wonderful upbringing in Pakistan. I truly started loving & appreciating Pakistan when I moved away from there. I am applying for jobs inside Pakistan, & I'm looking to move out of here. Wish me all the best, I can't wait to go back to Pakistan, hopefully for good within a year. With each & everyday that passes by, & with the difficulties being faced by Pakistan, I get more & more confident that the Pakistani nation will overcome this, resilience is in our nature & blood. With each difficulty Pakistan faces, my love for it gets stronger & stronger. Anyways, Pakistan Zindabad, & pray that I can get a job in Pakistan within a year. :pakistan:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom