What's new

Foreign Education for MS Program

Dont you guys have good universities/colleges in Pakistan? I dont like how people spend hard earned money abroad when they can get similiar or in some cases, superior education in their home country.

More than Pakistanis or any other nationalities, it is Indians who are heavily heavily populated in Universities across the world from Harvards and Stanfords to third rate universities such as Bridgeports.

No nationalities comes anywhere near Indians. Indians are ubiquitous

It is the level of competition….particularly in India. I was not able to get into IIMA and IIMB; however, I was able to secure admission into Booth-University of Chicago, London Business School and INSEAD, all the three are considered world class. Competition is too much in India and very very few seats. Any time I would prefer IIMA over any other school in the world.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Does Singapore or HK offers Work Permit , later Permanent Risidency ????

I don't know much about Permanent residency; however, they do offer work permit

More than Pakistanis or any other nationalities, it is Indians who are heavily heavily populated in Universities across the world from Harvards and Stanfords to third rate universities such as Bridgeports.

No nationalities comes anywhere near Indians. Indians are ubiquitous

It is the level of competition….particularly in India. I was not able to get into IIMA and IIMB; however, I was able to secure admission into Booth-University of Chicago, London Business School and INSEAD, all the three are considered world class. Competition is too much in India and very very few seats. Any time I would prefer IIMA over any other school in the world.

Lack of good universities in numbers, competition and more importantly ( in my case atleast) International exposure are some major factors for going abroad. I think its better if a student does his undergrad. in his home country and then goes abroad for Masters/ PhD.

Lack of good universities in numbers, competition and more importantly ( in my case atleast) International exposure are some major factors for going abroad. I think its better if a student does his undergrad. in his home country and then goes abroad for Masters/ PhD.

I agree with you...
Still inhunt of Uni + Country :)

I think its better if a student does his undergrad. in his home country and then goes abroad for Masters/ PhD.

Disagree. If your country has competent universities/colleges, you shouldn't have to go abroad. What happens in India, is that the folks who are unable to face the competition or even prepare for it, goes abroad. They go to some retarded university and come back home to say, " I haf forigen dugree ". Hell, there are some guys i know who went to COMMUNITY colleges in the US just 'cause they didn't even want to attempt the entrance exam or GATE ( for masters ) / CAT etc for ( business administration ). Anyway, to each his own...oh well...

Disagree. If your country has competent universities/colleges, you shouldn't have to go abroad. What happens in India, is that the folks who are unable to face the competition or even prepare for it, goes abroad. They go to some retarded university and come back home to say, " I haf forigen dugree ". Hell, there are some guys i know who went to COMMUNITY colleges in the US just 'cause they didn't even want to attempt the entrance exam or GATE ( for masters ) / CAT etc for ( business administration ). Anyway, to each his own...oh well...

Dude no offense, There are very few Unis's [may be less then 5] in ASIA, who hav high repute in Post Graduation [ Research + Taught ] Programs.

But I want to the country that offers Work Permit then later Parmanent Residential with one year Post graduation program....
I hope u can understnad my objective...

Op,

Keyword search
NUS, Purdue, caltech, Berlin uni. and karlsruhe. Have you considered the option of going to German universities? 'Karlsruhe uni' would be a good keyword search for you.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Dude no offense, There are very few Unis's [may be less then 5] in ASIA, who hav high repute in Post Graduation [ Research + Taught ] Programs.

Hmm, i never cared much for ranking. But i would prefer doing my masters in one of the IIT's or IISC's over ANY foreign universities. Come to think of it, NIT's aren't such a bad option either but not really my cup of tea.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Speaking of Germany, look into universities from the Baaden wurttemberg specifically. Its quite nice.

How many good universities are in India and how many students apply for different courses in universities all across the country every year? See like I said, there are good/average universities in both India/Pakistan but the problem we folks are facing is that the number of students applying outdo the capacity of these universities. Also can you compare the teaching facilities of every university of India with Universities/ Colleges in US, UK and Germany? A few dozen good universities cannot cater the demand of millions of Indian students every year therefore they go abroad.

How many good universities are in India and how many students apply for different courses in universities all across the country every year? See like I said, there are good/average universities in both India/Pakistan but the problem we folks are facing is that the number of students applying outdo the capacity of these universities. Also can you compare the teaching facilities of every university of India with Universities/ Colleges in US, UK and Germany? A few dozen good universities cannot cater the demand of millions of Indian students every year therefore they go abroad.

Mech do has a point. There are lot of people who would even be able to secure a seat in a local college can get/buy a foreign degree for a price.

Canada is your best option.Your app will fall under Graduate scheme. In this you study the course in Canada and then after completing the course you get work permit equivalent to the duration of your course . Maximum duration for the work permit is 3 years (Checked couple of years ago.I haven't checked in a while so do recheck)..Hong Kong is another option (Low Fee compared to Canadian Uni) but then again you require work permit so it is not attractive option pay wise as compared to say Canada.
Good Luck!

Canada is your best option.Your app will fall under Graduate scheme. In this you study the course in Canada and then after completing the course you get work permit equivalent to the duration of your course . Maximum duration for the work permit is 3 years (Checked couple of years ago.I haven't checked in a while so do recheck)..Hong Kong is another option (Low Fee compared to Canadian Uni) but then again you require work permit so it is not attractive option pay wise as compared to say Canada.
Good Luck!

My age is 29, I did my 4 years BS-CS way back 5 years with 71%.....Y I shld apply for Under Grad once again?
I had 71% in my 4 years BS-CS Honours....Y I shld be under grad program

My age is 29, I did my 4 years BS-CS way back 5 years with 71%.....Y I shld apply for Under Grad once again?
I had 71% in my 4 years BS-CS Honours....Y I shld be under grad program

Dude also try in Dubai if you're sole motive is to settle abroad. The companies there offer you work visa immediately when you pass their job interview. Once you get the job, they offer you work visa straight away.

I study at Kings College London and I can verify that Universities RIP off International students with the high fee prices.

I study at Kings College London and I can verify that Universities RIP off International students with the high fee prices.

No doubt about that. But I have heard that fees for native students are also going to increase?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom