What's new

Foreign debt jumped to $67 billion due to government's poor policies: Chief

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
Foreign debt jumped to $67 billion due to government's poor policies: Chief Justice of pakistan

ISLAMABAD: Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry observed that Pakistan’s foreign debt has jumped up to $67 billion due to the government’s poor policies, Express 24/7 reported on Thursday.

A division bench headed by Chief Justice (CJ) Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry is hearing a suo motu case, coupled with two identical petitions, alleging corrupt practices in the awarding of contracts for Rental Power Plants (RPPs).

The CJ, during the hearing, maintained that the democratic government has the mandate to resolve all public issues but it is failing to do so.

Representing two Rental Power Plants, Counsel Abdul Hafeez Pirzada said that the government does not have the money to pay for fuel for power generation.

The chief justice also showed displeasure on the RPP’s contract saying no advertisements were published before the contracts.

The counsel for Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) argued that the authority has remained unable to collect electricity bills in Balochistan and FATA.

He also suggested that the government should take austerity measures and cut its expenses.

On previous hearings, rental power companies which had been receiving advance payments from the government had been asked to reimburse the money or face legal proceedings for their failure to generate electricity.

Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) MNA Khawaja Asif had filed a petition earlier saying that the national exchequer incurred a loss of Rs62 billion over the government’s failure to install RPPs in Nadipur and Chichu Ki Mallian.

Foreign debt jumped to $67b due to government’s poor policies: CJ – The Express Tribune

It shows a grim situation.

so the foreign debt is now almost 4 times the national reserves.. Truly grim situation..

rental power plants>>>>expensive electricity>>>less electricity>>>>expensive products>>>>less business>>>>poor economy>>>>less exports>>>less foreign investment>>>>huge foreign debt

its that simple^

Somebody tell me why the heck did we go for rental power plants???

That money could have been utilised for buying more oil for the power plants.

If u don't take it as trolling in my opinion leaders in pakistan be it civil/military have always interested in military buildup against India. They have not taken economy as a challenge. Even public remain in denial blame it on the corruption of some civil leaders or temporary phase, WoT, floods, earthquake etc.

Next 10 years are very crucial for pakistan they will decide ur fate till next century. And economic development is the key of all.

If u don't take it as trolling in my opinion leaders in pakistan be it civil/military have always interested in military buildup against India. They have not taken economy as a challenge. Even public remain in denial blame it on the corruption of some civil leaders or temporary phase, WoT, floods, earthquake etc.

Next 10 years are very crucial for pakistan they will decide ur fate till next century. And economic development is the key of all.

No we are taking it as trolling.

How can chief Justice make political and developmental comments in public or press? Is there any code of conduct for CJ?But if it's true then i must say very bad condition for Pakistan.

Thats very dumb opinion in my opinion. I don't know why Indians jump on Pak military first. Musharraf was a military man, just throw a glimpse on his era, Pakistan economy was boosting & was world's 2nd fastest growing economy in the world, rapid development was being observed all over Pakistan including buildup of new city Gawadar, no electricity problems, military was becoming self reliant, Rupee was 57 against $, etc etc. Since zardari govt took power every thing messed up, cancel of development projects, massive electric problems, railway issues, national airline issues, steel mills issues, massive terrorism, increase in poverty/uneducated persons etc etc. It all happens because civilian govt in Pakistan is always corrupt & loot money for themselves. If one look at history, Pakistan's most sucessful times were of military rule, look 60's & 2000's.

@ topic CJ should not think he is out of it, he is equal to these govt & co, was he sleeping al these years? Why didn't he raise issue, what stopped him to question this govt strictly on all issues, so in my opinion he has his equal role in all these crises.

corruption commission bribe rishwat haramkhori

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

@ topic CJ should not think he is out of it, he is equal to these govt & co, was he sleeping al these years? Why didn't he raise issue, what stopped him to question this govt strictly on all issues, so in my opinion he has his equal role in all these crises.

no he wasnt sleeping...

he was actually doing something while no one saw it...

intelligence agencies have found enuf evidence against him to suggest that he helped in several big time corruption scandals by big time business people in various fields...

but they cant do anything, since he's the top judge....
the CJ of pakistan is quite powerful...

nice self analysis

....well..My question is slightly off topic, but I hope some knowledgeable person will answer it.
When does Justice Chaudhary retires ? Is he also on 3 year extension like kiyani?

A strange thing to hear from a chief justice.
Seems institutions in pakistan do not believe in any boundary, and will overstep on others given a chance.

....well..My question is slightly off topic, but I hope some knowledgeable person will answer it.
When does Justice Chaudhary retires ? Is he also on 3 year extension like kiyani?

2013... No, he's not on any extension.

Good which means the deception called democracy has failed for Pakistan much like it has for India..corruption and financial irregularities are the order of the day now!

Back
Top Bottom