What's new

Foreign countries pouring aid to Flood victims . 2022

Am i the only one who thinks all this foreign aid combines is not even enough for fazlu's lassi expenses. the losses are estimated at 1 trillion PKR i.e. 5 billion USD or so.
US announces $30 Million
well, hey. At least someone out matched Khan. He gathered 25 million in the telethon, i think.

That’s terrible, I think at least with items it’s easier at to track where the items go. With money once it’s gone it’s gone. Unless there’s a way to punish the thieves, it’s a problem that will persist.
i think the only solution to corruption like this is that every transaction, down to the street vendor, is digitized and made traceable and cash in hand is declared illegal. but that in itself will be a revolution on the same scale as making the sharifs and zardaris of pakistan eat a halal meal for once in their life.

i think the only solution to corruption like this is that every transaction, down to the street vendor, is digitized and made traceable and cash in hand is declared illegal. but that in itself will be a revolution on the same scale as making the sharifs and zardaris of pakistan eat a halal meal for once in their life.
Nah bro, they know trucks we ordinary ppl never know. They can use system to their benefit

I sincerely pray inshAllah fir ghazwa e hind, only it will ensure destruction of all these mafias snd looters

Nah bro, they know trucks we ordinary ppl never know. They can use system to their benefit

I sincerely pray inshAllah fir ghazwa e hind, only it will ensure destruction of all these mafias snd looters
It's empirically harder to trick computers, brother. Just like in elections,
They can bribe the DC, SHO and presiding officer of every polling station. But, they can't hire a hacker for every polling station if EVMs were used.

And regarding ghazwa-e-hind, when the end times come, corruption and mehngai will be the least of our worries.

Flood rescue and relief: ADB approves $3 million grant for Pakistan

• Amount will help government purchase food supplies, tents and other relief goods
BR Web Desk

311839481f053ab.jpg

The Asian Development Bank (ADB) on Wednesday approved a grant of $3 million to support the emergency relief efforts in Pakistan amid disastrous floods across the country.

In a statement, the global lender said the amount would be financed from the Asia Pacific Disaster Response Fund (APDRF) and would help the government of Pakistan purchase food supplies, tents and other relief goods on an immediate basis to support flood victims across the country.

APDRF is a special fund designed to fast-track grants to ADB developing member countries affected by disasters triggered by natural hazards.

Last month, USA gave $ 2.5 billion to Ukraine to kill Russians, and they announced $30 million for Pak floods . Hope our Bajwa is realising he got peanuts for making us into American poodle.

Pressure on ‘polluting nations’ to help Pakistan cope

AFP
September 1, 2022

PARIS: Rich carbon polluters should feel “moral pressure” to help fund climate-vulnerable nations wracked by weather extremes such as Pakistan, which is responsible for less than 0.5pc of global emissions, diplomats and scientists said on Wednesday.

“This is not a freak accident,” said Nabeel Munir, Pakistan’s ambassador to Seoul and chair of the largest negotiating bloc of developing nations at UN climate negotiations.

“The science proves the frequency and the impact of these disasters is only going to increase and we have to be prepared for that.” The human and economic impact is already staggering and “this is an ongoing disaster; the rains are still going on”, he said.

Countries like Pakistan that have contributed the least to global warming are often battered by the worst impacts, observers say.

The issue will be thrown into sharp relief with Pakistan fronting the important G77+China bloc — representing more than a hundred nations and a significant proportion of the global population — as it reels from weather disasters.

Pakistan has contributed less than 0.5 percent of heat-trapping emissions pumped into the atmosphere since the Industrial Revolution, said Kristina Dahl, principal climate scientist at the Union of Concerned Scientists. The US is responsible for 25 percent.

Recall that in March, a blistering hot spell began to develop across parts of South Asia, with Pakistan registering record temperatures.

Scientists from the World Weather Attribution climate group estimated that climate change had made the heatwave 30 times more likely.

Quickly melting glaciers can saturate the landscape and cause glacial lake outburst floods, unleashing ******** of ice, rock and water.

That can lead to a “compound effect where we’ve got higher than average river levels, on top of higher than average rainfall”, said Helen Griffith, a researcher of hydrology and environmental science at the University of Reading.

Published in Dawn, September 1st, 2022

Canada 🇨🇦 announces $5 million in funding for humanitarian assistance in response to flooding in Pakistan

HH Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan, Minister of State for Tolerance & Coexistence UAE & Chairman Bank Alfalah pledged USD 10 Million from the Bank in disaster relief for Pak including Army Flood Relief Acct to help flood victims.
HH & UAE have always helped Pak during difficult times.

Back
Top Bottom