What's new

"Forced to hang my head in shame": Former Navy chief writes open letter to President Mukherjee, PM M

Actually your views should not be welcome at any forum in the civilised world. But india has fallen out of civilisation after electing a terrorist to be head of govt.

Pretty rich coming from you

Actually your views should not be welcome at any forum in the civilised world. But india has fallen out of civilisation after electing a terrorist to be head of govt.
Ok. And my view on this matter is? Kindly elaborate.

Thanks for the glorification though. Yes, I agree, we should be nuked.

Sir we are disucssing as per thread topic if you feel you can open threads on above mentioned sources i will post my views but posting off topic links to counter score sure not a TTA standards but its called trolling.
@Slav Defence
such a innocent. why don't you take reality. everyone knows who is trolling here...

So? That does not excuse the baseless points he makes. The Chief has made a sharp turn into politics. And his politics is what people have a problem with. His views are not Holy just because he has served the Indian Armed Forces. At the same time, my views against his does not belittle his contribution to the country. The two are mutually exclusive. Also does not excuse the shots you are taking from his shoulder. In this thread, it is you and you alone who is assigning adjectives to others, calling people names and what not. Kindly drop this superior attitude. Here you are no professor, nor are you an ex- civil service gentleman. With respect for your age alone, I request you, please reform the way you respond to people. Because otherwise topics go haywire and get filled with responses to you in particular. Defeats the purpose of having an open discussion.

Like this one of mine. :(

It is not about the points he makes alone. It is your perception that these are baseless, and to my mind, that is an impertinence, to impose your views on his at a distance. Would you be able to stand up to him in any kind of interaction and say what you are saying here in the relative anonymity of an internet forum? I doubt it strongly.

As for his politics, people may object, but have you seen the form and substance of their objections? Do you support them? Do you not cringe in shame that these accusations are made, and you whitewash them?

Certainly his views are not holy, just because he has served in the Indian Armed Forces. Neither are yours, or your pack's, just because you have not served in the Armed Forces, or anywhere else of tangible service to the country directly, other than acting as hatchet man on a Pakistani forum.

As for what you call taking shots from his shoulder, I do not think that cowardly inaction, or equally cowardly passing of filthy allegations and insinuations about a man who has done whatever a man should do for his country is at all an improvement. When I say what I do, it is not in my capacity as a professor; that should be apparent to any but the most warped intellect, simply because you are none of you my students. I have never claimed to be a civil service gentleman; my credentials are not from the civil side. Who are you to examine them, since they have been examined by others who had that job to do? How did this curious thought float into your mind? No, I speak and write and post as a member. I am as much a member as any other, with a difference; I do not spread poison.

Coming to your respect for my age, I do not care for it. That kind of hypocrisy may impress your gullible flock; restrict it to them. You have never shown any respect for my age, and you have not hesitated, even as late as a few minutes ago, to fan the idiocies of your little coterie, and to pretend that my fondness for Islam is a motive behind whatever I say or write. In the face of this perversion, what can you say that will remove the stench from you?

The problem is not with topics going haywire. It is with the lack of character; not mine, as you are prone to these schoolboy flourishes, but those of the pack. I fear you are beyond redemption, and I also fear that you will infect more than one impressionable young fool with your kind of views.

Pity.

You mean to say Democracy can be without Free Speech???

And "Free Speech" is sole prerogative of ELATE CLASS OF SOME BLACK EUROPEANS???? Who any time can give negative marking or facilitate Ban on some remarks which they consider blasphemy .

No.

I mean that these are two different things, even though they are associated. Just as a knife and fork may be associated, but continue to be different things. Try to understand the basics before blabbering.

Ok. And my view on this matter is? Kindly elaborate.

Thanks for the glorification though. Yes, I agree, we should be nuked.
I did not even use the word nuke or war etc. I just say fanaticism and terrorism should not be welcomed and accommodated in the civilised world but india the things have taken turn for worse. The myths of so called secularism and democracy have been thrown into the ocean by takeover of hindutva....and the results are innocent minorities especially indian muslims are being targeted ....to extent that a Muslim old man gets killed by the mob of fanatics just on the suspicion of storing meat in his home, inks are being thrown on the guests and peace-proponents and unsurprisingly the terrorist govt is not doing anything to stop but helping the fanatics. In such a scenario if person talks about peace, of course, he is to be strangled.

I mean that these are two different things, even though they are associated. Just as a knife and fork may be associated, but continue to be different things. Try to understand the basics before blabbering.

Obviously what you say or you approve is freedom of speech.

And all other differing views are blabbering.

Thanks for elaborating it.

Hmm..sounds like daughter lead Ford Foundation funding is drying up...thanks to Modi govt. It was all jolly good when Russian built Kudankulam nuclear plant was facing protests from Ramdoss's NGO. I wander why US sponsored Jaitapur plant wasn't a target for Ramdoss's NGO.

Obviously what you say or you approve is freedom of speech.

And all other differing views are blabbering.

Thanks for elaborating it.

No.

As usual, your clouded intellect is too busy creating imagery to deal with the basics. I notice that your faux-rustic style has fallen apart, together with your sudden capitalisation, and you write like any other person.

You have freedom of speech, but what you do with that freedom is still liable to be judged and weighed. If you use your right of free speech to blabber, that is up to you.

Nope, just out of interest.

Why does the opinion of the retired admiral carry more weight than that of the retired general's.

Because the retired general betrayed his selfish interests at a crucial point during his difficulties with the defence ministry. There was no such hideous display of personal self-seeking on the part of the retired admiral.

Any other insinuations?

It is not about the points he makes alone. It is your perception that these are baseless, and to my mind, that is an impertinence, to impose your views on his at a distance. Would you be able to stand up to him in any kind of interaction and say what you are saying here in the relative anonymity of an internet forum? I doubt it strongly.

As for his politics, people may object, but have you seen the form and substance of their objections? Do you support them? Do you not cringe in shame that these accusations are made, and you whitewash them?

Certainly his views are not holy, just because he has served in the Indian Armed Forces. Neither are yours, or your pack's, just because you have not served in the Armed Forces, or anywhere else of tangible service to the country directly, other than acting as hatchet man on a Pakistani forum.

As for what you call taking shots from his shoulder, I do not think that cowardly inaction, or equally cowardly passing of filthy allegations and insinuations about a man who has done whatever a man should do for his country is at all an improvement. When I say what I do, it is not in my capacity as a professor; that should be apparent to any but the most warped intellect, simply because you are none of you my students. I have never claimed to be a civil service gentleman; my credentials are not from the civil side. Who are you to examine them, since they have been examined by others who had that job to do? How did this curious thought float into your mind? No, I speak and write and post as a member. I am as much a member as any other, with a difference; I do not spread poison.

Coming to your respect for my age, I do not care for it. That kind of hypocrisy may impress your gullible flock; restrict it to them. You have never shown any respect for my age, and you have not hesitated, even as late as a few minutes ago, to fan the idiocies of your little coterie, and to pretend that my fondness for Islam is a motive behind whatever I say or write. In the face of this perversion, what can you say that will remove the stench from you?

The problem is not with topics going haywire. It is with the lack of character; not mine, as you are prone to these schoolboy flourishes, but those of the pack. I fear you are beyond redemption, and I also fear that you will infect more than one impressionable young fool with your kind of views.

Pity.

No.

Seeing the length of your post, I expected some points. As @Spectre would have liked to call wheat instead of chaff. I have highlighted what we readers got in return.
Personal remarks are colored red. Rest of the logical statements that are on topic are colored green. This is for the benefit of your introspection. I hope it will improve your thinking and help us have a constructive discussion.

Most of it is red, I am afraid.

Seeing the length of your post, I expected some points. As @Spectre would have liked to call wheat instead of chaff. I have highlighted what we readers got in return.
Personal remarks are colored red. Rest of the logical statements that are on topic are colored green. This is for the benefit of your introspection. I hope it will improve your thinking and help us have a constructive discussion.

Most of it is red, I am afraid.

And that is supposed to impress me into silence? Or to stamp your superiority in the minds of your own coterie?

Because the retired general betrayed his selfish interests at a crucial point during his difficulties with the defence ministry. There was no such hideous display of personal self-seeking on the part of the retired admiral.
Some retired folks from the Armed Forces are less defend-able by you, I see. That is unfortunate. Where did the concern for his record, his sacrifices for the nation vanish into?

Back
Top Bottom