What's new

For One Hour, I Flew The Tejas Today – Here’s What It’s Like

The whole planning followed by Indians to build Tejas was faulty one from the beginning. As the OP says Indians should have followed how Gripen was built. Take world class systems and integrate them. Insisting to build every thing from scratch is what took so much time and lot of failures. Hope Indians learnt valuable lessons.

Despite being an Indian I have only criticism for Tejas plane.

I don't understand what Indians blabber about when they say that Tejas plane is indigenous.

Let us take the promise of indigenous development. In 1986 an agreement was quietly signed with the United States that permitted DRDO to work with four US Air force laboratories. The to-be-indigenously-developed engine for the LCA -- Kaveri -- was forgotten and the US made General Electric F-404 engine was substituted. Radar was sourced from Erricson Ferranti, carbon-fibre composite panels for wings from Alenia and fly-by-wire controls from Lockheed Martin. Design help was sought from British Aerospace, Avion Marcel Dassault and Deutsche Aerospace. Wind tunnel testing was done in the US, Russia and France. As for armaments -- missiles, guns, rockets and bombs -- every last item was to be imported.

False flaggee punk poluting each thread with same $#!+

Yeah so genuine..but only the font size is too small for its significance..

Ohh i see ..It made you uncomfortable.. Well Whatever the font size, the points still have the same significance.. Which one is wrong in your opinion..?

I don't understand what Indians blabber about when they say that Tejas plane is indigenous.

Let us take the promise of indigenous development. In 1986 an agreement was quietly signed with the United States that permitted DRDO to work with four US Air force laboratories. The to-be-indigenously-developed engine for the LCA -- Kaveri -- was forgotten and the US made General Electric F-404 engine was substituted. Radar was sourced from Erricson Ferranti, carbon-fibre composite panels for wings from Alenia and fly-by-wire controls from Lockheed Martin. Design help was sought from British Aerospace, Avion Marcel Dassault and Deutsche Aerospace. Wind tunnel testing was done in the US, Russia and France. As for armaments -- missiles, guns, rockets and bombs -- every last item was to be imported.
dont change the font size.. if your post is good, people will read it anyway...

The whole planning followed by Indians to build Tejas was faulty one from the beginning. As the OP says Indians should have followed how Gripen was built. Take world class systems and integrate them. Insisting to build every thing from scratch is what took so much time and lot of failures. Hope Indians learnt valuable lessons.
Well no, such an approach would mean there was no Uttam and no Kaveri, both of which will be flying on the LCA within the next 5 years. SAAB's approach suits a tiny European NATO member but an aspiring global power that looks to maintain its strategic autonomy needs to create its own capabilities and expertise. It is a far harder and more risky approach but with much greater payoff if succesful

the engine on the Tejas presently is the US-built GE-404, the radar is the Israeli Elta 2032, the ejection seat is British, and the weapons are a mix-and-match from around the world. Many of these imported systems need to eventually be developed in India,

So which bit is indigenous....could it be

THE TRUCK ITS TOWED ON

India at its best....make in India it is loool

the engine on the Tejas presently is the US-built GE-404, the radar is the Israeli Elta 2032, the ejection seat is British, and the weapons are a mix-and-match from around the world. Many of these imported systems need to eventually be developed in India,

So which bit is indigenous....could it be

THE TRUCK ITS TOWED ON

India at its best....make in India it is loool
But the Swedish plane, Gripen is also made up of imported parts. Still it is regarded and respected as indigenous. As the newer versions (or generations, whatever the term is) are deveoped, Tejas too may become genuinely indeginous. Give HAL/DRDO some time. I have heard that the overall design is already indeginous.

But the Swedish plane, Gripen is also made up of imported parts. Still it is regarded and respected as indigenous. As the newer versions (or generations, whatever the term is) are deveoped, Tejas too may become genuinely indeginous. Give HAL/DRDO some time. I have heard that the overall design is already indeginous.
Difference being Grippen works
Also Sweden doesn't dance about every nut and bolt being Swedish

Back
Top Bottom