What's new

For Indians - Have you made a conscious effort to avoid Chinese brands?

Indians : Are you making a conscious effort to avoid Chinese brands?

• Yes

• No

• On the Fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
For most not so wealthy Indians, the choice is Chinese or nothing

recently bought someone a Samsung phone rather buy a Chinese brand.

Samsung has a quite a few million phones made in China. It is about make in China than about made in China the reason world brands has shifted their production to China, cost arbitration, China being the 'world's factory' the manufacturing giant the, reason.

The recent news coming that Samsung is shifting some of the production away from China on US pressure.

I realize that avoiding "Made in China" products is not possible. That's why my question was about Chinese brands.
I realize that avoiding "Made in China" products is not possible. That's why my question was about Chinese brands.
you should only rape non chinese cows like this Indian patriot
Jai hind!

Samsung has a quite a few million phones made in China. It is about make in China than about made in China the reason world brands has shifted their production to China, cost arbitration, China being the 'world's factory' the manufacturing giant the, reason.

The recent news coming that Samsung is shifting some of the production away from China on US pressure.
Lot of Samsung products are Made in India too. Especially those for the Indian market.

My funda is very simple... I look for made in *country *... if China, I look for substitute in market... if I don't find one I avoid buying until necessary... since 2007...

Indian market is flooded with Chinese products and that is a bitter truth...

Lot of Samsung products are Made in India too. Especially those for the Indian market.

Yes with parts imported from S.Korea and China, India cannot make the display panels, leave alone the silicon chips and camera, hundreds of other parts are all imported.

The make in China and make in India...are a different thing altogether.

In India it is mostly/all assembly units.

My funda is very simple... I look for made in *country *... if China, I look for substitute in market... if I don't find one I avoid buying until necessary... since 2007...

Indian market is flooded with Chinese products and that is a bitter truth...

Many foreign electric/electronic brands have made in China inside the US, European brands(the components), can't see it inside out.

A lot of products are made in China and it is not possible to completely avoid Made in China products. But have any of you made a conscious effort to ban / avoid Chinese brands.
I've cancelled a couple of orders and recently bought someone a Samsung phone rather buy a Chinese brand. I use a OnePlus device but intend to switch to Samsung as well.
An emphatic No!

Indian economy, foreign relations and their direction is the prerogative of GoI.

What to buy at the best possible deal remains the prerogative of the consumer.

Why ask one to do the job of the other ?

Many foreign electric/electronic brands have made in China inside the US, European brands(the components), can't see it inside out.

I know that... almost every electronic item is made in China... and China is the GLOBAL MANUFACTURING HUB... even made in India products use CHINESE components...

Read again... I look for made in "country name"... If I would go deep into the components' details ... I would end up leaving in jungle... in mother nature's lap...

Why don’t you use your 9000 year old internet made of cow piss?

Earth is flat... like table...

And who told you that internet is invented by CHINA...

Next level TROLL...

A lot of products are made in China and it is not possible to completely avoid Made in China products. But have any of you made a conscious effort to ban / avoid Chinese brands.
I've cancelled a couple of orders and recently bought someone a Samsung phone rather buy a Chinese brand. I use a OnePlus device but intend to switch to Samsung as well.

I will appreciate the conscientious effort that you have done however i frankly detest such fed patriotism especially when there exists no alternative of the product you are boycott. Most consumer thoughts will always revolve around the 'The best thing for The best Price' and this is a vast concept because the best thing could be an old model for the best price in the mind of the consumer which is formed from his financial ability.

Let me give you an example. When i wanted to buy a mobile, 4-5 years ago, i had about 15k max to buy a good smartphone which could be stretched to 18k. So the best price for me was approx 15k. In that amount, i could not purchase any top brand mobile thus i was forced to search for alternatives that matched that product for my price. I was able to get a Lenovo mobile which has served me well in all things to this day and is serving me even now. Now lets say that for some reason, Pakistan was boycotting China and i was being looked at with patriotic eyes. I would be left with no mobile and that would be unfair to me and an infringement of my Fundamental Right. Similarly the people should not be forced to feel guilty that they purchased a made in China product when you dont offer an equivalent alternative that is minimum at the same level both in terms of product and price.
When i go for weekly or monthly shopping, my idea is still the same to buy a good product for a good price and if its Chinese, then the consumer has the right to buy it. To guilt trip him or question his patriotism is extremely unfair. I am not saying you are doing this, so dont get me wrong however i am making a point that for me, controlling the consumption of a consumer is highly flawed. Frankly its an infringement of a some Fundamental Rights but in our region we like to feed patriotism as a means to serve the country rather than actually serve the country.

Let's be honest ... basically all of these Indian posters in this thread are typing from a Chinese phone (e.g. Xiaomi, Vivo) or using a Made In China phone like the iPhone lmao. This thread is beyond stupid.

india is having condom problems... no chinese condoms?.. what will indians do???

“The import of condoms has become cheaper than manufacturing them in India for two reasons,” a senior official in a major condom company said on the condition of anonymity. “The first is of course the fact that manufacturing in India has become more expensive [after GST] but also because China has begun exporting very cheap condoms.

I bought dlink not Chinese one TPlink

I will appreciate the conscientious effort that you have done however i frankly detest such fed patriotism especially when there exists no alternative of the product you are boycott. Most consumer thoughts will always revolve around the 'The best thing for The best Price' and this is a vast concept because the best thing could be an old model for the best price in the mind of the consumer which is formed from his financial ability.

Let me give you an example. When i wanted to buy a mobile, 4-5 years ago, i had about 15k max to buy a good smartphone which could be stretched to 18k. So the best price for me was approx 15k. In that amount, i could not purchase any top brand mobile thus i was forced to search for alternatives that matched that product for my price. I was able to get a Lenovo mobile which has served me well in all things to this day and is serving me even now. Now lets say that for some reason, Pakistan was boycotting China and i was being looked at with patriotic eyes. I would be left with no mobile and that would be unfair to me and an infringement of my Fundamental Right. Similarly the people should not be forced to feel guilty that they purchased a made in China product when you dont offer an equivalent alternative that is minimum at the same level both in terms of product and price.
When i go for weekly or monthly shopping, my idea is still the same to buy a good product for a good price and if its Chinese, then the consumer has the right to buy it. To guilt trip him or question his patriotism is extremely unfair. I am not saying you are doing this, so dont get me wrong however i am making a point that for me, controlling the consumption of a consumer is highly flawed. Frankly its an infringement of a some Fundamental Rights but in our region we like to feed patriotism as a means to serve the country rather than actually serve the country.
I agree. That's why there should be no compulsion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom