What's new

Flight Ops on China’s Carrier

one small step at a time, j-15 will probably come soon enough, remember this is a "scientific research vessel",:woot: a lot of "research" has to be done here.

Very likely to be in mass production soon. Also it's not odd to see a helicopter on the Varyag. The Soviet doctrine called for half helis and half Su-33s.

even not yet ready god damn send 3-4 prototype for look USA face they will burn like hell lolz .

Very likely to be in mass production soon. Also it's not odd to see a helicopter on the Varyag. The Soviet doctrine called for half helis and half Su-33s.

Aircraft Fixed wing
12 x Su-33,
1 x Su-25UTG/UBP
Helicopters 2 x Ka-27S,
4 x Ka-27LD32,
18 x Ka-27PLO

The low service ceilling of AEW helos (e.g. Ka-31) make them at best stop-gap measures.

Whoever stated the ship will be named Shi Lang must have been kicked in the head. He's the guy that surrendered to Qing Dynasty, defecting to invaders while selling out on the Ming resistance. He's is widely considered to be one of the biggest traitors in Chinese history. The only thing named after him will probably be garbage dumps.

As far as the ship goes, I think it can carry about 30 J-15 on board, plus a few more helicopters for ASW and AEW purposes. While not exactly comparable to USN carriers, it will be the biggest and most capable after them. Of course, it will require a few years before it reaches its full capabilities. I am guessing it will roughly reach FOC in 2018, same year as J-20 is predicted to enter service.

Whoever stated the ship will be named Shi Lang must have been kicked in the head. He's the guy that surrendered to Qing Dynasty, defecting to invaders while selling out on the Ming resistance. He's is widely considered to be one of the biggest traitors in Chinese history. The only thing named after him will probably be garbage dumps.

As far as the ship goes, I think it can carry about 30 J-15 on board, plus a few more helicopters for ASW and AEW purposes. While not exactly comparable to USN carriers, it will be the biggest and most capable after them. Of course, it will require a few years before it reaches its full capabilities. I am guessing it will roughly reach FOC in 2018, same year as J-20 is predicted to enter service.

Calm down bro. Shi Lang is just a name suggested by the Western media. It is more likely that China will name the ship after one of her major cities and I personally think that Tianjin has the best chance.

I think the fixed air wing is going to be a lot smaller. The Russkies built them as fleet support, not a main combat arm. The whole Russia surface fleet were built around basalt and granite anti-ship missiles.

Aircraft Fixed wing
12 x Su-33,
1 x Su-25UTG/UBP
Helicopters 2 x Ka-27S,
4 x Ka-27LD32,
18 x Ka-27PLO

Even their carriers were half heavy-missile-cruiser.
Carrier_Baku.jpg

Man & Han stay under one house, no racist please!!!

How about Bao Li Gao or Tiequan Zhang, both of them have made many prides for the Chinese!? :lol:

I actually think Imperial Japanese carriers had the best names.

Back
Top Bottom