What's new

Fishermen's dilemma

I see little kids with with hatered are back at play uff grow up guys stop this rubish here.

Justin Joseph,

Honestly I have no intention of starting a flame war
The reason why I included the Pakistani Waters in this, is because the source says so.

Since this were their claim, I included it in the title

Hi Ameer...I trust your words however if you go by forum rules one should not change the title of the article...Doing this intentionally/unintentionally you make the heading an eye catcher resulting in trolls going loose and real message lost in between...I hope you get my point...

Hi Ameer...I trust your words however if you go by forum rules one should not change the title of the article...Doing this intentionally/unintentionally you make the heading an eye catcher resulting in trolls going loose and real message lost in between...I hope you get my point...

OK Sir, If that's the case, I apologise if I did unintentionally cause a trolling session, I will try to change the title of the thread

yeah paritosh, can't argue with your statement. The only issue is that it seems our prisoners are getting worse treatment; many were returned home only after they expired.

I can post links if it helps clear your confusion.

Yes, if things were my way -- the 800 Pakistani and 450-500 indian fishermen would be released immediately unless they committed actual crimes. You don't use poor people to settle tense diplomatic relations, this only makes people more angry and upset (on both sides)

and quite frankly, what a waste of resources and time

Hi Abu...Did you miss my post no 28??? Let me share the link again....

The Hindu : National : Court orders release, deportation of 16 Pakistani prisoners

This is the lame argument that is used on both sides

A Bench of Justices Markandey Katju and R.M. Lodha rejected the government's argument that they could be released only if an equal number of Indian prisoners in Pakistan were released and sent home.

I am sure you will have links to prove that some prisoners died in Indian jails however i can also provide similar links on such terrible things on your sides...So we are better than you argument won't do any good here...

You don't use poor people to settle tense diplomatic relations, this only makes people more angry and upset (on both sides)
Rightly said...However the tragedy is when relations are tense the lives of these innocents depend on the same system who have locked their heads like bulls...Bl00dy hell no respite...

Any Mods around, I request you to change the title to
"India arrested 174 Pakistani fishermen" instead

Why dont you read with open eyes.

Your provided links also say that Bharatiyas have arrested poor Pakistani fishermen from Pakistani waters.

So brave of Indian Navy :tdown:

What was Pakistani Navy doing then? Sleeping? Stop being a troll and contribute to the thread.

Last edited:
Chor do unko :cry:

Poor peoples.....................................

Tension mat le yaar.
I'm sure IN will leave them after they're convinced they're innocent.

I hope you can understand ..after what happened last year, IN has to be very strict.

We don't have room for error.

This type of incidents should be taken up at the National level. There is no reason whatsoever that innocent people should suffer whatever be the cause. Both countries should come forward and sign somewhat of a treaty that people arrested on borders or waters and proved innocent would be released immediately. This in turn will give humanity a cause.

Where was Indian Navy for those 10 boys entered in Mumbai, India for Mumbai Attack??????

According to Indian Government and Indian Media they enter in India via sea.

yes we did accept it as a lapse in security, We never said that They were teleported here... Likewise yes, But if our navy can enter your seas unnoticed then We can Imagine how well u guard ur places:D

India hands over 17 Pakistani prisoners

ISLAMABAD, March 26 -- Indian authorities Friday handed over 17 Pakistani prisoners at the Wagah border to Pakistani officials, local sources said.

The prisoners have already completed their term in different jails in India. They were arrested on various charges including illegally crossing the borders, visiting cities not mentioned in their visas and fishing in Indian waters.

Earlier this month, the Indian Supreme Court ordered its government to immediately release 16 prisoners against the wish of the authorities in New Delhi that desired Islamabad to release the similar number of Indian prisoners in exchange. However, the Indian Supreme Court refused to accept it.

A bench of the Indian Supreme Court on March 8 declared that " Under the Constitution, detention even for a second beyond the permitted period of sentence is illegal."

The release and repatriation of Indian and Pakistani prisoners is governed by a bilateral agreement signed by the two countries on May 21, 2008. Earlier, it was being governed by a Protocol on Consular Access signed between India and Pakistan in 1982.

Pakistan released 100 Indian fishermen in December 2009. India handed over 31 Pakistani fishermen including three children at Wagah-Atari border in January 2010.

Pakistan has demanded the release of over 700 Pakistani prisoners in Indian custody.

Indian fishermen arrested for violating Pakistani waters?????????

Updated at: 1530 PST, Saturday, March 27, 2010
Indian fishermen arrested for violating Pakistani waters KARACHI: Five Indian fishermen sailing into Pakistani waters were arrested by the Maritime Security Agency (MSA) on Saturday.

The spokesman of MSA sources said the five men were arrested for violating Exclusive Economic Zone. The men were handed over to the Docks police for investigations.

Indian fishermen arrested for violating Pakistani waters - GEO.tv

Now, Where is Jana?? who used to say Indian navy have done a brave act by arresting pak fishermen now what she will say after the arrest of poor innocent fishermen. Is it a work of supreme bravery?

Indian fishermen arrested for violating Pakistani waters?????????

Updated at: 1530 PST, Saturday, March 27, 2010
Indian fishermen arrested for violating Pakistani waters KARACHI: Five Indian fishermen sailing into Pakistani waters were arrested by the Maritime Security Agency (MSA) on Saturday.

The spokesman of MSA sources said the five men were arrested for violating Exclusive Economic Zone. The men were handed over to the Docks police for investigations.

Indian fishermen arrested for violating Pakistani waters - GEO.tv

Now, Where is Jana?? who used to say Indian navy have done a brave act by arresting pak fishermen now what she will say after the arrest of poor innocent fishermen. Is it a work of supreme bravery?

Are you kidding me? Have trolls anytime in the past responded with facts and reasoning other than senseless rhetoric. Your expectations are too much unfounded.

Having said that, these type of incidents happen because it has the support of both the Governments.

Thank You.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom