What's new

Fiscal Budget 2019-20

VCheng

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
With the economic conditions being what they are currently, what should be the goals for the upcoming 2019 budget and how will it be affected by the government's commitments made to the IMF to implement structural reforms?

With the economic conditions being what they are currently, what should be the goals for the upcoming 2019 budget and how will it be affected by the government's commitments made to the IMF to implement structural reforms?

Incentives for short term export growth to stabilize economy and investment in cheap electricity while trying to lower down cost of doing business in Pakistan

We should do something like what KSA did, take all those corrupt Politicians into custody , have them sign checks and drafts for Billions of dollars or face the jail time with all property surrendered to the State . Take their money and than release them , let them go anywhere they want to with a promise that their political career is now ended .

Incentives for short term export growth to stabilize economy and investment in cheap electricity while trying to lower down cost of doing business in Pakistan

Those steps will require raising some serious amounts of revenue over and above what is already being collected.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh, and Pakistan is not an absolute monarchy like Saudi Arabia. At least not yet. :D

Those steps will require raising some serious amounts of revenue over and above what is already being collected.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh, and Pakistan is not an absolute monarchy like Saudi Arabia. At least not yet. :D
There is no current room to take more loan any more loans will cripple the economy or rather what's left of it . PTI have taken a daunting task they have no option than to increase revenue one way or the other previous government had head room to take net negative fiscal decision and they used it to their profit PTI has none of that currently
Well i don't see any short term or long term fix for the economy than these measures and I am sure you have better ideas than me .

Revise income tax rate slabs. 40% rebate to teachers and researchers should be stopped

It is daunting, yes, but the task has to be achieved somehow. People will pay more taxes.

Yes people will pay more taxes but will those taxes be direct or indirect ?
Paying taxes will not be a permanent solution as what matters is public maturity
will the citizens of these country take responsibility of the state or will they again hand it over to hukamran(rulers) and be ruled upon.

How..we are LOCKED IN EXPNSIVE SURPLUS POWER DUE TO IDOICITY OF PMLN

Yes people will pay more taxes but will those taxes be direct or indirect ?
Paying taxes will not be a permanent solution as what matters is public maturity
will the citizens of these country take responsibility of the state or will they again hand it over to hukamran(rulers) and be ruled upon.

I think it will be a combination of both direct and indirect taxes, but let us see what PMIK decides in conjunction with his team.

It is daunting, yes, but the task has to be achieved somehow. People will pay more taxes.
Zoar toa phir Awaam hi par chalta hai Na, Khawaas ko haath dalnay hi himmat nahi hai Imran Khan ki.

People are already grinded under our exploitative taxation system. --- okay fine, add more taxes, this will only be one step close to revolt.

Tell Imran Khan what ibn Khaldun says on exploitative taxation system.

I think it will be a combination of both direct and indirect taxes, but let us see what PMIK decides in conjunction with his team.
Don't say his team, it's imf team.

This is going to be hard but first economic msfias with their monopolies need to be destroyed. Open the economy and make ease of doing business priority one.

Second, cut government jobs by 70-80%
This will reduce government spending and the newly liberalized ecconomy will allow these people access to the free market jobs.

Jab thak democracy ho Pakistan me iska ka ganta kuch nahi badlega

Second, cut government jobs by 70-80%
This will reduce government spending and the newly liberalized ecconomy will allow these people access to the free market jobs.
Are you willing to cut the manpower of the Pakistani Army "70-80%"?

That is, after all, a "government job".

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom