What's new

First PAF IL-78 mid-air refueller aircraft arrives in Pakistan

Well in that case u can dream on and i can dream about having a B2 bomber:)
FREE KASHMIR
GREATER PAKISTAN

If we got the tanker yesterday then how could have the admin of the following website uploaded pics on 9th Dec, you can clearly see the aircraft at one of the Airports in Pakistan, most probably khi.

Pakistan Air Force gets Ilyushin IL-78 MIDAS aerial refueling tanker | Pakistan News With Pakistan Ideology

Karachi airport????? Brother these pictures were taken on 14 November 2009 in Ukraine and the photographer uploaded them on spotters.net.ua website the same day.

See this thread opened by me on 15 November 2009 for more pictures:

First pictures of PAF IL-78 aerial refueller!

Karachi airport????? Brother these pictures were taken on 14 November 2009 in Ukraine and the photographer uploaded them on spotters.net.ua website the same day.

See this thread opened by me on 15 November 2009 for more pictures:

First pictures of PAF IL-78 aerial refueller!

There are so many different reports on the delivery date. Anyhow thanks for correcting me.

My friend you are wrong, The Il-78M is a dedicated tanker and cannot be converted back to the transport role easily.

Congrats on getting a fuel tanker :thinktank:

Then you say Indians don't try to derail or post negative posts in anything good thread about Pakistan.

Before giving your statement should have searched yourself that what may be this senior member or moderator may be telling something which is reliable from good sources.

Anyhow to help remove your misconception here is a link to another post in a thread, which has sources clarifying this MRTT platform, plus you have pictures too of how the fuel tank system would be in the aircraft. Plus, one of my pilot friend had gotten selected for the IL-78 program and he had confirmed it too about a year back, but now he is flying another beauty.

Do read and check the courses too:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...s-paf-il-78-aerial-refuller-6.html#post551992

Then you say Indians don't try to derail or post negative posts in anything good thread about Pakistan.

Before giving your statement should have searched yourself that what may be this senior member or moderator may be telling something which is reliable from good sources.

Anyhow to help remove your misconception here is a link to another post in a thread, which has sources clarifying this MRTT platform, plus you have pictures too of how the fuel tank system would be in the aircraft. Plus, one of my pilot friend had gotten selected for the IL-78 program and he had confirmed it too about a year back, but now he is flying another beauty.

Do read and check the courses too:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...s-paf-il-78-aerial-refuller-6.html#post551992

Taimi I am basing my information based on Wikipedia - pls. check the link below & I have no intention of derailing the thread, I just wanted to correct the information.

May be the Il-78 midas ordered by pakistan does not have permanent tanks, which could be taken out to be modified as a freighter.

Ilyushin Il-78 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :cheers:

Last edited:
Congrats to PAF.
It will be a Giant Leap and Capability booster for them Indeed.

Congrats Pakistan Defense for the new addition..its definitely a force multiplier

Sorry if i am going off topic but why F-16 cannot be refuelled by this??I mean its your main attacking Aircraft right??and its the one which needed Air refuelling than any other..

Congrats Pakistan Defense for the new addition..its definitely a force multiplier

Sorry if i am going off topic but why F-16 cannot be refuelled by this??I mean its your main attacking Aircraft right??and its the one which needed Air refuelling than any other..

F-16s have a different refueling system, its something called boom version, KC-135 kind are needed or the IAF option A-330 MRTT thing, while IL-78s as you guys have drogue system.

Basically two refueling system there are in wide spread use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom