What's new

First on CNN: US left behind $7 billion of military equipment in Afghanistan after 2021 withdrawal, Pentagon report says

I wonder why they didn't transfer helicopters to their other bases in middle east and central Asia
it was not a spontaneous decision from months before they knew they are evacuating Afghanistan

I doubt they left any working combat helicopters other than the converted MD-500's.

They once showed a CNN crew in a hangar and the helicopters were mostly those that had been used for quick spare parts as none were flyable.

Last edited:
It's likely they don't feel bringing back a Humvee with with say 500,000 miles on it is worth the transportation cost considering the money would be better spent on buying new ones.

It is not a likely but a definitely scenario.
every piece of equipment under department of defense's use goes through the same consideration.
so if the americans left something behind, that means the cost of transportation was more than it's worth.

as me how i know that.

I doubt they left any working combat helicopters other than the converted MD-500's.

They once showed a CNN crew in a hangar and the helicopters were mostly those that had been used for quick spare parts as none were flyable.
i recall , they said they made sure the remaining helicopter are not in flying order. I say why destroy them , why not flying them to other bases and use them there . for gods sake USA don't lack bases around middle east and they didn't lack time to do so

i recall , they said they made sure the remaining helicopter are not in flying order. I say why destroy them , why not flying them to other bases and use them there . for gods sake USA don't lack bases around middle east and they didn't lack time to do so

Well some have been there for 20 years getting heavy use. I'm sure many airframes are just considered beyond their safe lifespans and are just scavenged for parts. They have been doing something with them over the years and I doubt it was sending them back or burying them. They end up in "boneyard" areas. So when some guy says they got a bullet hole in their new copter they are just pointed to the boneyard to swap out a better piece instead of waiting for some part to be shipped.

Last edited:
with Taliban maintenance the value of the equipment will drop daily

Afghans defeated them without all this equipment……means its useless for the afghans….they can win again without any of this…
Good to see usa run away defeated

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom