What's new

First Mi-35 and Now $ 900 M Aid? Would it be too much to Swallow?

Congress rejects move to stop US funding for Pakistan
By The Newspaper's Correspondent

WASHINGTON: An amendment to stop US funding to Pakistan has been defeated in the House of Representatives, which accepted the Obama administration’s argument that doing so would hurt key US interests.

Congress rejects move to stop US funding for Pakistan - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

But at a separate session, a key congressional committee reduced US aid to Pakistan for 2015 by $65.8 million.

At the House, 320 of the 435 voting members rejected the amendment, proposed by Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, to stop American funding to Pakistan. Mr Rohrabacher still managed to get the support of 92 members, although he did not have a co-sponsor.
=====
Is the $65 M Silver lining good enough to ease the pain? There are 900 Million reasons that say that the efforts by Rohrabacher were not good enough.

He supports breakup of Pakistan and making Balochistan a new country which would please the Indians but it does put their claim in an awkward position where they claim to care for Afghanistan & their friendliness with Iran because Grater Balochistan as envisioned by NeoCons contains parts of Iran and Afghanistan as well. Indian conciliates in Afghanistan wont only have to worry for Haqqani network.. but Ayatullah network and Northern Alliance network may also start tearing a new one in to those numerous cultural centers and conciliates that are setup along the Pak Afghan border.

Now, the silver lining. Although Indians can celebrate for taking a chunk of $65million from our freebee but hey.. ten in hand are much better than 1 or 2 in the bush I say ;)

Whats more, when it comes to bypassing those retards like Rohrabacher, the Administration has creative ways to top-up our requirements separately. they call them reimbursements thank you very much.

At least now we can rest this almost few weeks long question that how this Mi-35 purchase will be funded?

Well Uncle Sam is paying up and he is really impressed with Waziristan operation

@niaz @Windjammer @Cheetah786 @DESERT FIGHTER @waz
is US congress trolling the Indians or is it just me?

check the posts below to decide ;)

I really do believe the US is here for the long haul now. They are watching with horror what is going on in Iraq and will now push hard to see any effort against such terrorists succeed.

What shocked me was the overwhelming block by congress against Rohrabacher i.e. 320 of the 435 voting members rejecting the amendment.

I must say I do fondly remember the various threads put by bad meaning members from our neighbour, regarding this vile little man's policy towards Pakistan e.g. this the end of Pakistan and so on.

But have you seen the US response, US said No help until PM Quit and offered solution in which Shia and Sunni live in equal.

Well yes, Maliki has inflamed the situation to no end.

Monkeys are noble in comparision to your kind, see Syrian, Iraqi or TTP football videos for confirmation.

What do you mean by "your kind"?

WASHINGTON: An amendment to stop US funding to Pakistan has been defeated in the House of Representatives, which accepted the Obama administration’s argument that doing so would hurt key US interests.

But at a separate session, a key congressional committee reduced US aid to Pakistan for 2015 by $65.8 million.

At the House, 320 of the 435 voting members rejected the amendment, proposed by Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, to stop American funding to Pakistan. Mr Rohrabacher still managed to get the support of 92 members, although he did not have a co-sponsor.
=====
Is the $65 M Silver lining good enough to ease the pain? There are 900 Million reasons that say that the efforts by Rohrabacher were not good enough.

He supports breakup of Pakistan and making Balochistan a new country which would please the Indians but it does put their claim in an awkward position where they claim to care for Afghanistan & their friendliness with Iran because Grater Balochistan as envisioned by NeoCons contains parts of Iran and Afghanistan as well. Indian conciliates in Afghanistan wont only have to worry for Haqqani network.. but Ayatullah network and Northern Alliance network may also start tearing a new one in to those numerous cultural centers and conciliates that are setup along the Pak Afghan border.

Now, the silver lining. Although Indians can celebrate for taking a chunk of $65million from our freebee but hey.. ten in hand are much better than 1 or 2 in the bush I say ;)

Whats more, when it comes to bypassing those retards like Rohrabacher, the Administration has creative ways to top-up our requirements separately. they call them reimbursements thank you very much.

At least now we can rest this almost few weeks long question that how this Mi-35 purchase will be funded?

Well Uncle Sam is paying up and he is really impressed with Waziristan operation

Ok, so this is what i have concluded from this article and the posts on this thread:

1). We launched a military operation in NW not on our own behest but rather to please American gov.t so that it could throw a few extra $$'s our way. Had it not been for American $$ we would not have launched any military ops in NW.

2). We are a broke nation and would do anything for money. With this kind of corruption and pathetic mentality rampant within our institutions i'm sure within a few years Pakistanis will be okay with taking so called "aid" from even india. I mean, we already take "aid" from the Americans and do their dirty work, we take "aid" from the Saudis and do their dirty work, im sure india too will be added to the list of "aid" donors to Pakistan. This can only be described as truly a whoreish behavior.

=====

Being happy for aid??? What a great country Pakistan is.

Don't worry everyone. Modi Sarkar would show its muscles to both USA and Russia and both would bow down in front of this hyper super dooper mythical creature called Modi.

1.) We are not afraid about the "friendship" between you and the USA (Which spits on the sovereignty of your nation like no one else (OBL raid, drone attacks etc). And 900 million are nothing to worry about. Even Ambanis house in Mumbai costs more these day... and since it is meant to fight terrorism, it might actually do us all some good.

2.) Russia wont go to far with anything that goes against Indian interests, especially with military sales. Since India the largest customer and partner for Russian arms firms, and since we have more and more alternatives and a growing indigenous defence industry, they need to be careful about their most important customer.

Videos from the banks of Ganges show how your kind make a feast for some other four legged creatures.

No need for that brother. The moderators will be all over this thread soon.

Pakistanis are feeling proud in taking aid ?
Yes, that is what has become of this nation. It takes pride in the crumbs that a few passerby's throw in its begging bowl. Pakistanis as a nation don't take pride in their own hard earned money, they don't pay taxes due to lack of faith in corrupt institutions and bureaucrat. They would rather kill each other for American $$'s.

What does this has to do with India? You guys are celebrating getting aids? Isn't it pathetic you are depending on aids?
Dud we are not happy because of aid , we are happy just because we are milking them :usflag:

This is good news, as most of the congress agrees on building a new relationship with Pakistan. Even more so when Syria and Iraq are in a total mess, and Americans are left scratching what to do? Ukraine on one side, Iraq and Syria on the other hand, with Iranian nuclear talks also talking place, the least they want to do is piss off Pakistan. I think too much back channel diplomacy is at works, but it would be too soon to see what goodies Pakistan might get from the USA. I'd say, more f-16s, AIM9X and perhaps some more gunships

Why are we always giving away tax money to countries that hate us? :(

You are overestimating the impact of a billion dollars of aid to Pakistan by USA on India. I mean, what does a billion do in a GDP of 200 billion USD. And the NW operation is going to cost much more than that to Pak economy. Americans wanted you to do this operation and you are doing it. They better pay you for it. Most Indians wont grudge Pakistan getting a billion USD for an honest day's work in NW
what the hell is he farmer mod... oh god... scary 900 million $ oh god ...see still they didn't changed... US throw 900 m .. now they are happy.. It is like puppy become very much happy after owner throw biscuits. . free aid batch...

Back
Top Bottom