What's new

First Look: India's Heaviest Launch Vehicle GSLV Mk.III with Unmanned Crew Module Onboard Rolled Out

Congratulations India!

Make us proud, Inshallah!!! :)

Thanks for your good wishes. Take a pride in Mangal Mission untill GSLV MKIII is launched on 18th.

While I think we have more to mature, I think we're pretty capable of doing more exciting stuff. You need to consider the fact that the next most powerful vehicle for us is going to be this one only- they're basically gonna strap 2 additional S 200 on this same machine to increase power. And that's a hell of a lot of power- enough to attempt some of the cool stuff that ruskies have done.
I think we can be a bit more aggressive with our plans. The price of not being 'boastful' according to me is lacking in imagination and ambition. I'd rather be brash and push forward than be subdued and think 'let's move one step at a time'.

I agree. We become a bit aggressive and planned Mission to Mangal and succeeded. Had we thought that we can not do that, we would have succeeded.

stiil waiting for some pakistani or chinese member to remind us of our poverty, lack of toilets, that we use borrowed technology in our launch vehicle etc etc:D hey someone out there?:D

This is mere a test flight that may or may not lead to the final product many a year down the road。

Heck,even the test hasn't started,let alone the result known。

And you are already celebrating?

What‘s there to shout about such a large rocket that can only do puny 4 tons GTO and 10 tons LEO,respectively?

Enlighten me pls?:D

This is mere a test flight that may or may not lead to the final product many a year down the road。

Heck,even the test hasn't started,let alone the result known。

And you are already celebrating?

What‘s there to shout about such a large rocket that can only do puny 4 tons GTO and 10 tons LEO,respectively?

Enlighten me pls?:D

Because it is an Indian development ..... so we have everything to celebrate .

But what we don't understand is that why this puny rocket is making you butt hurt .

First Look: India's Heaviest Launch Vehicle GSLV Mk.III with Unmanned Crew Module Onboard Rolled Out

10857947_1580703695486320_4922674909743751067_n.jpg

ISRO's most powerful launcher ever, GSLV Mk-III rolls out from the Vehicle Assembly Building to the launch pad for its Experimental Flight slated later in this month.
Timeline Photos - ISRO - Indian Space Research Organisation | Facebook

gslv-mkiii-x-5.jpg

Integration of the passive C25 Cryogenic Upper Stage with L110 liquid Core Stage in Progress at Vehicle Assembly Building

gslv-mkiii-x-4.jpg

The passive C25 Cryogenic Upper Stage being hoisted at Vehicle Assembly Building

gslv-mkiii-x-3.jpg

The partially integrated vehicle with S200 Strap-ons and L110 Core Stage outside the Vehicle Assembly Building

gslv-mkiii-x-2.jpg

L110 Liquid Core Stage being prepared at Stage Preparation Facility

29TH_GSLV-MK_III_1815569f.jpg

The core second stage of GSLV-Mk III, with 110 tonnes of liquid propellants, just before it was flagged off on Friday from the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC), Mahendragiri, Tamil Nadu.

gslv-mkiii-x-1.jpg

The two S200 Strap-ons during the integration of the vehicle

gslv-mkiii-x-7.jpg

Original GSLV Mk.III Mockup (Old Pic - 2012)

Welcome To Indian Space Research Organisation - Launch Vehicle - Image Gallery -

There is a reason why ISRO is calling it LVM III and not GSLV MKIII .

Since the vehicle lacks active Cryogenic engine ...it is suborbital test ...it will not reach Geo Synchronous orbit ...so it is being called LVM III.

little high res for jingos :-)

616570_1581068018783221_5554937761119150500_o.jpg
Man its a monster!!!! I will be very disappointed if we don't succeed. But on a serious note are we not accepting little too much from ISRO after the Mangalyan success, are we considering these are uncharted territory for Indian scientist and NASA, Russian have got good heavy rockets after many failed attempts and decades of research, it is not like some other country is going to give us rocket and we can paint it like our neighbor:smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:
The budgetary allocation for ISRO is still very small compare to other advance space agencies, and we want including Government,us success one after one from ISRO. I don't think any other government organization work on so much pressure and expectation than ISRO to succeed every time. In our country organization like HAL,DRDO,etc. are notoriously famous for cost over-run and missing time line by some time 8 to 10 years:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: any yet they are given more leeway because they are related to Defense. Personally to me when I have gone to UK after the success of Mangalyan, my associates and freinds were very stunned about the achievement and its low cost. Really feel proud of ISRO!!! and by the is it true that UK don't have a space program I was very surprised on hearing this:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Man its a monster!!!! I will be very disappointed if we don't succeed. But on a serious note are we not accepting little too much from ISRO after the Mangalyan success, are we considering these are uncharted territory for Indian scientist and NASA, Russian have got good heavy rockets after many failed attempts and decades of research, it is not like some other country is going to give us rocket and we can paint it like our neighbor:smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:
The budgetary allocation for ISRO is still very small compare to other advance space agencies, and we want including Government,us success one after one from ISRO. I don't think any other government organization work on so much pressure and expectation than ISRO to succeed every time. In our country organization like HAL,DRDO,etc. are notoriously famous for cost over-run and missing time line by some time 8 to 10 years:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: any yet they are given more leeway because they are related to Defense. Personally to me when I have gone to UK after the success of Mangalyan, my associates and freinds were very stunned about the achievement and its low cost. Really feel proud of ISRO!!! and by the is it true that UK don't have a space program I was very surprised on hearing this:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

DRDO labs are increasingly becoming more and more competent actually. In terms of ballistic missiles for example, they have reached a good headway.

Russia still uses semi-cryos ........ afaik , they still do not use any cryos in their rockets .
Hehehe
Where do you think we got our first cyrogenic engines from LOL. And our cyrogenics use the much less efficient 'Gas generator cycle', compared to Staged combustion cycle of the Ruskies (It was also used in KVD-1, 3rd stage of GSLV mk1).

Anyway, too many jingos on this thread.
@he-man India would be lucky to achieve in the next 15 years what the Russians achieved in 1960's.
@Supply&Demand I already told that cyrogenic engines are much more advanced and efficient than semis. Semi-cyrogenic engines are simpler, cheaper and more easily scalable - that's the only reason that big rockets used them in the core stage. India is going for a cyrogenic engine because we managed to get a partial ToT on them from the Russians in the 90's before the stupid Americanos managed to cock-block the deal (it was for full ToT) and instead they gave us 7 engines.
@Luca1 shoo off troll.
Others. MK4 with 4 S-200 is not going to happen. The next step in the GSLV program is replacing 1400Kn L-110 core stage with 2000Kn SC-200.

Last edited:
Indeed you are

U are not taking into account the regression in russian knowledge.

They cannot make a destroyer or a helicopter carrier like mistral when in 80's they were making multiple copies.
That knowledge is lost with years of neglect and monetary constraints.

Add to the fact they cannot even get spares from west now.

U are not taking into account the regression in russian knowledge.

They cannot make a destroyer or a helicopter carrier like mistral when in 80's they were making multiple copies.
That knowledge is lost with years of neglect and monetary constraints.

Add to the fact they cannot even get spares from west now.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddde :astagh:
Please use google.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddde :astagh:
Please use google.
Angara (rocket family) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Soyuz-FG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Soyuz-2-1v - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Soyuz-U - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All carry maximum of 7000-8000 kg to gto.
Rest all old stuff has been retired.

U need to stop living in 1990's

vs(alloperational and carrying more to gto)

Atlas V - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Delta IV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
H-IIB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

especially this since u were laughing at china

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_March_2F :sarcastic:

Russia neither has money nor manpower or tech to do what they did in 60's to 80's.
They are earning money through cheap launches via soyuz as its the cheapest route.

Won't stay for long.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom