What's new

First Look: India's Heaviest Launch Vehicle GSLV Mk.III with Unmanned Crew Module Onboard Rolled Out

We will not surpass them in next 15 years .

I do not know why some people are day dreaming of surpassing Russia ...based on what ?

we do not even have launcher of that capability to date .

and we are trying to boast of surpassing Russia on which even US,EU depends on sending astronauts to ISS ....

For next two decade even if India is able to match Russia I will be jubilant for such are the feats that Russian space science achieved ...that even US its- arch rival treats Russia with utmost respect when it comes to Space tech !!!

Nothing worth responding to .

Chinese have not .

Russia may be dwindling but their accomplishments in space is far greater than anything China or India has achieved .

It will take some time to match them let alone surpassing .

Chinese who literally reverse engineered the Soyuz space capsule to create Shenzou ...and send its astronauts to training at Russia ...has surpassed Russia ...in what way ?

some people here on PDF are ignorant enough to openly boast ...without knowing anything about Russian space science .

You cannot say that about him
He was a,well you know right Fook that Pessimist idiot always making sorry comments like
Bohoo we are so behind & what not
You are right Fook him :p:

Death to that anti india maniac i say:)

I do not know why some people are day dreaming of surpassing Russia ...based on what ?

we do not even have launcher of that capability to date .

and we are trying to boast of surpassing Russia on which even US,EU depends on sending astronauts to ISS ....

For next two decade even if India is able to match Russia I will be jubilant for such are the feats that Russian space science achieved ...that even US its- arch rival treats Russia with utmost respect when it comes to Space tech !!!

Chinese who literally reverse engineered the Soyuz space capsule to create Shenzou ...and send its astronauts to training at Russia ...has surpassed Russia ...in what way ?

some people here on PDF are ignorant enough to openly boast ...without knowing anything about Russian space science .

While I think we have more to mature, I think we're pretty capable of doing more exciting stuff. You need to consider the fact that the next most powerful vehicle for us is going to be this one only- they're basically gonna strap 2 additional S 200 on this same machine to increase power. And that's a hell of a lot of power- enough to attempt some of the cool stuff that ruskies have done.
I think we can be a bit more aggressive with our plans. The price of not being 'boastful' according to me is lacking in imagination and ambition. I'd rather be brash and push forward than be subdued and think 'let's move one step at a time'.

While I think we have more to mature, I think we're pretty capable of doing more exciting stuff. You need to consider the fact that the next most powerful vehicle for us is going to be this one only- they're basically gonna strap 2 additional S 200 on this same machine to increase power. And that's a hell of a lot of power- enough to attempt some of the cool stuff that ruskies have done.
I think we can be a bit more aggressive with our plans. The price of not being 'boastful' according to me is lacking in imagination and ambition. I'd rather be brash and push forward than be subdued and think 'let's move one step at a time'.

who is saying no to be brash and push forward ?
while one has every right to be optimistic and hopeful and strive hard to achieve it ...one also must not lose touch with reality ....

Russia has been leader in space science for past 6 decades ...It has the proven and admirable track ...

Let us not belittle their achievements ....

and let us not blind ourselves with singular mars mission .

India has really long long way to go ....

boasting is not going to take us anywhere in that long journey ....

that's different.

The number of exploratory missions would give u a fair idea about whats wrong with russians,,,all their innovation in this field is gone,they rely on already developed tech during soviet times and that won't remain viable for forever.

who is saying no to be brash and push forward ?
while one has every right to be optimistic and hopeful and strive hard to achieve it ...one also must not lose touch with reality ....

Russia has been leader in space science for past 6 decades ...It has the proven and admirable track ...

Let us not belittle their achievements ....

and let us not blind ourselves with singular mars mission .

India has really long long way to go ....

boasting is not going to take us anywhere in that long journey ....

I agree on one part- do not belittle ruskies coz that's really lame. But I don't agree with things like 'keep in mind reality and blinding ourselves'. This areas needs a lot of blue sky thinking where you come up with ideas without restraint first.

In the next decade we will come up with more powerfull ULV with a lift capacity of 15 tons to LEO .

Never read about a MK4 by adding two more S200 to MK3 in any ISRO reports ..... the talks exist only in internet .

In the next decade we will come up with more powerfull ULV with a lift capacity of 15 tons to LEO .

Never read about a MK4 by adding two more S200 to MK3 in any ISRO reports ..... the talks exist only in internet .

But modifying it is much more easy job then developing completely new...

ULV series is more then decade away from induction. So till then MK4 will do the job.

But modifying it is much more easy job then developing completely new...

ULV series is more then decade away from induction. So till then MK4 will do the job.

Adding two more boosters especially solid ones with low Isp will not significantly increase the payload capacity .

For that ULV where the liquid stage is replaced by semi-cryogenics will be required .

we've been waiting 40 years for you.

Fanhui Shi Weixing
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Fanhui Shi Weixing (simplified Chinese: 返回式卫星; traditional Chinese: 返回式衛星; pinyin: Fǎnhuí Shì Wèixīng; literally: "recoverable satellite") is a series of Chinese recoverable reconnaissance satellites. The satellites were used for both military and civilian observation needs, with a total of 26 flights. The first flight was FSW-0 on 1969-06-01 and the last SJ-8 on 2006-09-09.

Four models of the satellites were introduced: FSW-0, FSW-1, FSW-2, and the most modern being FSW-3. All satellites were put in orbit using the Long March rockets, most of them by the CZ-2C type.

Successful achievement of landing technology (third in the World after Soviet Union and United States) was the basis for the second Chinese manned space programme (period of 1978-1980), third manned programme Project 863 (late 1980s), and current Shenzhou programme (since 1992).[citation needed]

View attachment 164491 View attachment 164490 View attachment 164487 View attachment 164484
View attachment 164485 View attachment 164486 View attachment 164487

All that it is great but how it is related to the thread

Adding two more boosters especially solid ones with low Isp will not significantly increase the payload capacity .

For that ULV where the liquid stage is replaced by semi-cryogenics will be required .

ULV will be for high capacity for higher orbits. Many of our immediate needs (esp human space flight) are for LEO, an Mk 4 config will do just fine for that. I've seen config images for a long time. I believe it definitely is on the radar.

ULV will be for high capacity for higher orbits. Many of our immediate needs (esp human space flight) are for LEO, an Mk 4 config will do just fine for that. I've seen config images for a long time. I believe it definitely is on the radar.

Afaik , those config are actually done by fanboys .

Also , IMO , MK3 can perfectly carry out human missions .

Back
Top Bottom