What's new

first interstellar Spaceship in the making

Yes and they are working to create space warps on small scale in labs. Let's hope something tangible comes out of it.

Ya, let's hope so. Although, at best, only a proof of concept at this time. And on a really miniscule scale, iirc the experiment they are doing involves bending space infornt of a photon.

Ya, let's hope so. Although, at best, only a proof of concept at this time. And on a really miniscule scale, iirc the experiment they are doing involves bending space infornt of a photon.

True it's just a POC but this small success would have very big impact. We might be one day faring the galaxy and beyond.

Strange matter! and beyond the speed of light!
Two new frontiers of the physical world to conquer at the same time, to realize this project of interstellar travel and the conquest of the milky way galaxy...

Not really.

Please elaborate. Isaac Asimov explored the concept of warp drive (he called them hyper drive) in quite some detail in this Foundation series, then again in Nemesis. Foundation was published back in the 40s.

The antimatter was discovered in the late 1800s, the theories solidified in the 1930s. Antideuterons were created in CERN back in 1965.

Strange matter! and beyond the speed of light!
Two new frontiers of the physical world to conquer at the same time, to realize this project of interstellar travel and the conquest of the milky way galaxy...

Technically, it's not faster than light travel. We're essentially compressing space to reduce the distance for us.

Fan of Stargate Universe? worst thing was to cancel it...Destiny was an awesome ship with many secrets...

it was all right...i would hve love to see SG atlantis go on for couple more seasons. i miss mckay.

Well there's one little problem-cost of producing antimatter.

$62.5 trillion per gram.

Please elaborate. Isaac Asimov explored the concept of warp drive (he called them hyper drive) in quite some detail in this Foundation series, then again in Nemesis. Foundation was published back in the 40s.

The antimatter was discovered in the late 1800s, the theories solidified in the 1930s. Antideuterons were created in CERN back in 1965.

Technically, it's not faster than light travel. We're essentially compressing space to reduce the distance for us.
This is what the article says: " Once the spaceship accellerates it would start to create a warp bubble and virtually travel faster than light "

This is what the article says: " Once the spaceship accellerates it would start to create a warp bubble and virtually travel faster than light "

The article is wrong then. You cannot travel faster than light. Period. You can shorten the distance, though.

it was all right...i would hve love to see SG atlantis go on for couple more seasons. i miss mckay.

I agree earlier SG 1/ SG Atlantis were the best but SG Universe was unique the aliens were interesting I wanted to know more but they killed the show...these days not so great sci-fi shows like in 90's and up till 2010...hope to see battlestar galatica renewed along with terminator.

Fan of Stargate Universe? worst thing was to cancel it...Destiny was an awesome ship with many secrets...

I really liked Stargate Universe and was very disappointed when it was canceled. At the very least, the show should have been given a prop send off.

Huge fan of SG Atlantis too!! I miss it. I also hated when they got rid of Dr Weir :cry:

Last edited:
I really liked Stargate Universe and was very disappointed when it was canceled. At rthe very least, the show should have been given a prop send off.

Huge fan of SG Atlantis too!! I miss it. I also hated when they got rid of Dr Weir :cry:

Well watch it again :D i'll soon get Amazon prime video service and watch the best sci-fi stuff I missed...I watched all star treks and than i decided to wait 5-6 years before i watch it again hopefully next year i'll start with classic startrek.

SG Universe was killed just like someone something vanishes into thin air..the only thing on my mind was WTF..

Well watch it again :D i'll soon get Amazon prime video service and watch the best sci-fi stuff I missed...I watched all star treks and than i decided to wait 5-6 years before i watch it again hopefully next year i'll start with classic startrek.

SG Universe was killed just like someone something vanishes into thin air..the only thing on my mind was WTF..

One of the many great things about prime is that they carry all the Stargate shows. Netflix doesn't carry any of them anymore. :angry: Don't have prime currently, but plan to get it again in the near future.

Stargate Universe was unfortunately canceled after the 2nd season finale was already filmed. They never got a chance to resolve anything. There was some talk of a final two hour show, but that never came to fruition unfortunately.

The article is wrong then. You cannot travel faster than light. Period. You can shorten the distance, though.
I do agree with you on that.
They use the term "virtually", and I do not know for what purpose though.
Remember that some of these scientists call the Higgs Boson, the" God's particle" too.

Back
Top Bottom