What's new

First Deliveries of Ka-226 Helicopters to India Could Start This Year

P@nThEr

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Victor Kladov, the Rostec state corporation's director for international cooperation and regional policy said that the first deliveries of Ka-226 helicopters from Russia to India will start over the course of the year.
BENGALURU (Sputnik) — The first deliveries of Ka-226 helicopters to India are likely to start over the course of the year, the Rostec state corporation's director for international cooperation and regional policy said Tuesday at the Aero India-2017 international aerospace exhibition.

"If everything goes well, the first deliveries will start over the course of the year," Victor Kladov said.

1023811751.jpg

GURINDER OSAN, FILE
Russia, India Make Progress in S-400 Systems, BrahMos Missiles, Ka-226 Choppers
The joint venture agreement on Ka-226T helicopters was signed by Russia and India in October 2016. According to it, 200 helicopters are to be supplied to India within nine years, with 60 vehicles to be manufactured in Russia, and the other 140 in India. The agreement also stipulates maintenance, operation, repair and technical assistance of the helicopters.

Aero India-2017 aerospace exhibition is taking place from February 14 to 18 at the Air Force Station Yelahanka in the Indian city of Bengaluru. Russian companies are to present 400 military products at the exhibition that is expected to be attended by over 750 companies from India and around the world.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201702141050674270-russia-india-ka-226/

Victor Kladov, the Rostec state corporation's director for international cooperation and regional policy said that the first deliveries of Ka-226 helicopters from Russia to India will start over the course of the year.
BENGALURU (Sputnik) — The first deliveries of Ka-226 helicopters to India are likely to start over the course of the year, the Rostec state corporation's director for international cooperation and regional policy said Tuesday at the Aero India-2017 international aerospace exhibition.

"If everything goes well, the first deliveries will start over the course of the year," Victor Kladov said.

1023811751.jpg

GURINDER OSAN, FILE
Russia, India Make Progress in S-400 Systems, BrahMos Missiles, Ka-226 Choppers
The joint venture agreement on Ka-226T helicopters was signed by Russia and India in October 2016. According to it, 200 helicopters are to be supplied to India within nine years, with 60 vehicles to be manufactured in Russia, and the other 140 in India. The agreement also stipulates maintenance, operation, repair and technical assistance of the helicopters.

Aero India-2017 aerospace exhibition is taking place from February 14 to 18 at the Air Force Station Yelahanka in the Indian city of Bengaluru. Russian companies are to present 400 military products at the exhibition that is expected to be attended by over 750 companies from India and around the world.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201702141050674270-russia-india-ka-226/
We'll see, Sputnik is a propoganda source.

The Ka-226s were meant to have been delivered already but AFAIK the two sides still cannot come to agreeable terms.

HAHAHAH. I guess the HAL LUH is causing these articles.
Was thinking the same....!!
Hal should outsource production of luh to private companies or Atleast form a 50:50 venture with them!!

You may not believe this, but HAL has a high level of outsourcing for the last 5 years. HAL is slowly getting into the prime integrator mode. However government officer kickbacks, bloated organizational structure etc is pulling it back.

I mean, nothing new or not known. Just me saying the same things others say.

Was thinking the same....!!
Hal should outsource production of luh to private companies or Atleast form a 50:50 venture with them!!
Why? HAL is very best aerospace company in India (and one of the best in the world), the LCH, ALH/Rudra and now LUH success stories are down to THEM. Why should they have to part with their products? They have impressive production plans (green field Temkur plant will produce 60 LUH/year), there is no private player that could compete with them in this regard.

You may not believe this, but HAL has a high level of outsourcing for the last 5 years. y.
Absolutely, HAL has outsourced 50% of the LCA's prodcution to the Indian private sector already and are targetting 60% by the end of the year, they potentially have plans to increase this to 80% which would allow them to make 25-28 LCA/year from their current 2 production lines.

The road has been long and troubled but India has finally broken through and things are very very bright now.

Why? HAL is very best aerospace company in India (and one of the best in the world), the LCH, ALH/Rudra and now LUH success stories are down to THEM. Why should they have to part with their products? They have impressive production plans (green field Temkur plant will produce 60 LUH/year), there is no private player that could compete with them in this regard.

Absolutely, HAL has outsourced 50% of the LCA's prodcution to the Indian private sector already and are targetting 60% by the end of the year, they potentially have plans to increase this to 80% which would allow them to make 25-28 LCA/year from their current 2 production lines.

The road has been long and troubled but India has finally broken through and things are very very bright now.
Outsourcing luh production will free up hal to concentrate in projects like imrh and Amca! My thoughts...

Outsourcing luh production will free up hal to concentrate in projects like imrh and Amca! My thoughts...
The development and production are broken up into 2 different wings/teams. Manufacturing/producing the LUH won't take any resources away from the IMRH's development, only the development of the LUH will but even that is limited (as the LUh is a relatively simple product for HAL to handle). We can see now that the IMRH is being pushed because HAL's development teams have all but completed their work on the ALH/Rudra and LCH and thus have the capacity to move onto the IMRH whilst the production side is now being handed over to the manufacturing side of the company.

As for the AMCA, it is a ADA R&D project, they will be the nodal development agency and anyway the rotary wing of HAL is enitrely seperate from the fixed wing so there is no way the LUH's devlopment will be affected by the AMCA or vice versa

HAHAHAH. I guess the HAL LUH is causing these articles.

Would LUH be made in time? The way HAL is going, I don't think so.

Besides MOD wants a mixed fleet of both. They know how fast HAL can make its helicopters. With all that bureaucracy.

Would LUH be made in time? The way HAL is going, I don't think so.
What? The way HAL is going? They are doing exceptional work, LUH's first flight was in 2016, 2nd prototype is already ready (shown in Aero India), final clearances will be given by the end of 2017 and it will enter production in 2018.

For any OEM that would be an impressive performance.

They know how fast HAL can make its helicopters. With all that bureaucracy.

60 LUH/year isn't enough for you?

Come on bro, I am critical of them when they fail also but be fair to them and judge them based on their actual performance, not based on your perceptions of them. Lately they have been killing it.
====================
====================

As I have said, the Ka-226 deal is still not completed, the biggest issue (the manufacturing agreements) are still not settled. This is playing into HAL's hands.

Back
Top Bottom