What's new

First confirmed photos of the J-16 released

Fortunately.. this extreme secrecy works out pretty well..
After all.. till the J-20 came out..
Till it was shown to the world.. just one month before that event it was being dismissed as a CGI or photoshop.

Very True the J-16 is expected to be seen later on this year.

I don't recall any such thing. In fact their was a lot of buzz about J-XX if you remember.

Yes.. just as there is on the J-16..
And even then..nay sayers decried it as a photoshop.. a CGi.. a Fake..
till it flew smack into their faces..

If i were to hazard a guess, I'd say it is much more similar to Su 30MKK.
CY-30MKK.jpg

From the blur picture, the tail bloom seems much bigger/fatter than Su-30MKK and more closer to Su-34 while the canopy seems much higher and bigger.

It maybe a blend between Su-30MKK and Su-34.

The general pattern is always the same, first a leak of a blur photo taken by handphone, then more blur pictures of better qualities, then relatively good photo taken by digital camera, and finally good quality maga-pixel pictures coming online. J-20, J-15, J-10B all were "leaked" out the same way.

So, be patient and you shall get your desire photo.

Please use grammar from the next time. Your posts are just as big a blur as that image.

Bravo! Bravo cyber warrior..... It's more a matter of deliberate dimwitted-ness than a matter of not being able to understand that post. And if you honestly didn't then I'd say you have far more pressing problems than just the grammar to worry about.

"Please use grammar from the next time. Your posts are just as big a blur as that image.", 10 points for you if you could find the two mistakes in these sentences.

This is good and i hope more pictures will come out in coming days but i am little disappointed because J-16 is not stealth. :P

Don't waste time with Indians trolls in last five years we have seen so many types of fighter and trainee aircraft produced in China while India is struggling with their master piece LCA Tejos from last 30 years.:sick:

Okay, i don't want to sound too noob here, but what is the tail boom for on the flankers?

Are those the canted vertical tails?

Interesting! ,it will be worth waiting for a better image.

This is good and i hope more pictures will come out in coming days but i am little disappointed because J-16 is not stealth. :P

Don't waste time with Indians trolls in last five years we have seen so many types of fighter and trainee aircraft produced in China while India is struggling with their master piece LCA Tejos from last 30 years.:sick:

J-16 is most likely upgraded version of SU-30MKK, with Chinese avionics and weapon management suite so that it can carry and fire Chinese made missiles and ECM etc. SU-30MKK can not fire Chinese weapons.

The designation is inline with Russian Flankers families.

Air superiority jet J-11 <> SU-27
Navy Carrier borne jet J-15 <> SU-33
Strike fighter jet J-16 <> SU-30 or SU-34

J-16 is most likely upgraded version of SU-30MKK, with Chinese avionics and weapon management suite so that it can carry and fire Chinese made missiles and ECM etc. SU-30MKK can not fire Chinese weapons.

The designation is inline with Russian Flankers families.

Air superiority jet J-11 <> SU-27
Navy Carrier borne jet J-15 <> SU-33
Strike fighter jet J-16 <> SU-30 or SU-34

SAC's reputation is going down the drain```for decades they still cant come-up with their own indigenous air-frame design```

on the other hand, CAC had been bearing huge stress for many decades of countless failed projects, however the tide turned after 2000, FC-1, J-10; J-10B, and now J-20```

hard work pays eventually``!

Back
Top Bottom