What's new

First confirmed photos of the J-16 released

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The J-16 is a strike fighter developed from the 4.5 generation J-11BS. Apart from the original features on the J-11B such as radar absorbent material, composites, AESA, powerful engines, IRST, MAWS, etc, the J-16 also includes longer range and a greater weapon capacity. A sting like the Su-34 may also be seen.

J-16.jpg

To me IF it is a true image , it looks more like a supersonic long range ground attack air craft.

The image is not clear, my eye sight is also week but i think it's going to attack the Enterprise :/

The J-16 is a strike fighter developed from the 4.5 generation J-11BS. Apart from the original features on the J-11B such as radar absorbent material, composites, AESA, powerful engines, IRST, MAWS, etc, the J-16 also includes longer range and a greater weapon capacity. A sting like the Su-34 may also be seen.

J-16.jpg
Su-34 has a "beaver tail" much wider than the sting on the Su-27 / Su-30. From the description, it appears J-16 is a smallish version of the Su-34, in between Su-34 and Su-30MK.

From Huitong's site:

The first photos of what could be the J-16 prototype taxiing at the SAC airfield were disclosed in May 2012. It was first rumored in August 2010 that SAC is developing a 3.5 generation heavy multi-role fighter bomber (J-16?) based on J-11BS. The aircraft can be viewed as an upgraded version of Su-30MKK based on its mission and capability, which is comparable to American F-15E. First flight was rumored to have taken place in late 2011. J-16 has tandem seats with a WSO sitting in the backseat. It features an enhanced fire-control system with additional AG modes. Besides PL-8 and PL-12 AAMs, it could also carry the same precision guided weapons being carried by JH-7A, such as KD-88 ASM and LS-500J LGB. The aircraft could also feature an extended tail sting similar to Russian Su-34, which could house additional electronics. Compared to JH-7A, J-16 is expected to have a more powerful radar (AESA?), a greater weapon load (8t) and a longer range (4,000km).

J-16.jpg

that picture should be considered as "UNCONFIRMED"...its too blurrrrrr.... :hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall:

i wonder why China release pics of aircraft in earlier phase???

its HD image or my eyes have some issue ?:rofl:

The chinese internet warrior who photoshopped this ... wanted this to be a "stealth" aircraft - stealthy to human eyes. :laugh:

And then, this is nothing .... the photoshopped version of J-37 is even more stealthy .... the photo shows just a neat, clean sky.. your've to make out where the J-37 is .. :laugh:

And china is offering the J-37 to anybody and everybody.. for free. :lol:

To me IF it is a true image , it looks more like a supersonic long range ground attack air craft.
You must have some eyes, getting all that by just looking at it's photograph, in which it is barely visible past the blur.

J-16.jpg

This looks like a darn Alien UFO!! :woot: :rofl:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom