What's new

First Coal Gasifier developed in Pakistan

fahimbaig

New Recruit

Reaction score
Dear Pakistanis

Al Hamdo-lillah after a lot of problems and hardships finally the first Locally manufactured Coal Gasifier with a capacity of 1.6 million Kcal/hour has been commissioned for heating a chemical Furnace at Lahore.

We are now going for the next phase of development of producing Electricity which may be cheaper than Wapda.

Fahim Baig
fahimbaig2@gmail.com

Dear Pakistanis

Al Hamdo-lillah after a lot of problems and hardships finally the first Locally manufactured Coal Gasifier with a capacity of 1.6 million Kcal/hour has been commissioned for heating a chemical Furnace at Lahore.

We are now going for the next phase of development of producing Electricity which may be cheaper than Wapda.

Fahim Baig
fahimbaig2@gmail.com

Any thing would be cheaper than wapda.
Wapda is making fool of Pakistanis.
Whole world is willing to sell us electricity even at cheaper price than wapda.
Wapda is a white elephant and need to be closed, while every housing scheme shall be obliged to have its own power plant.

How many of you have visited Wapda house @ Lahore ?

I have been there several time for business some 3-4 years ago, I doubt things would have changed.

It's an excellent example of what not to do. A perfect personification of failed management, corruption and idiocy at it's best.

Congratulations for the success dear Sir, and may you never resemble Wapda some years down the line.

I have various class fellows working there and i had occasionally visited wapda house in 1998-99 when Nawaz Sharif called in Musharraf to eradicate corruption and turn a loos ridden organisation into a profit oriented organisation.

Some of my friends proudly describe their corruption and authority.

No surprise for me.

Necessity is the mother of invention....

Now wait for artificial coal shortage...

What a wonderful news. Great going Pakistan, Great work Pakistani scientists.

Any thing would be cheaper than wapda.
Wapda is making fool of Pakistanis.
Whole world is willing to sell us electricity even at cheaper price than wapda.
Wapda is a white elephant and need to be closed, while every housing scheme shall be obliged to have its own power plant.
please see the prices of eelctrcity in neighbouring india..
its expensive then ours.
see the gas prices its alos expenisve then us..

real problem with us is that we are producing electricity from oil rather than coal which india and all other countries(including US) are doing....
the plus point we had uptill now is our hydral capacity..
one last thing our gas production is nearly equal to india even though we are much smaller country but problem is that we dont import gas and use it massivly in transport (2nd biggest CNG user after brazil) and electricity(nearly 80% of thermal while other nations dont use gas for this purpose) so now we are facing shortage

can you please inform us how many MW power can generate from it ?.

Dear Imran Khan,

Answer to ur question about how many MWe can be generated from Coal Gasification,
a coal gasifier produces Coal Gas from Coal, the quantity of Gas produced depends upon the Size of the Gasifier.
multiple units can also be installed to reach the required capacity the basic unit is 400KW and upto 6MW units can be developed for Industries. We have the Capacity to manufacture Gasifier Units upto 10 Million Kcals/Hour.

Siemens Germany is supplying to China, 8 gasifiers of 500MW each with a total of 4000MW, they had manufactured and supplied the first 2 gasifiers in 18 Months.

What the Govt of Pakistan needs to do is to provide a Transport channel via Railway for Coal, and should secure all Coal Mines by the help of Pakistan Army and provide a supply network of Coal to all the Major Industrial zones and give them opportunity to make use of coal for industry.
Why Railway is important for Coal...... Railway is the cheapest mode of Transport a 2700 Tons good Train requires 4 litres of Diesel to travel 1 Km. you can imagine the difference in the expenditure which we are incurring on a daily basis on Trucks.

What we need in the next 5 years to survive....
Mining Schools, Mining Universities in Baluchistan and Sind. Coal Processing Plants both State Owned and Private Industrialists,

All Cement Industries should be asked to setup their own Coal Cleaning Plants and it should be compulsory for them to supply in Market at least the amount of processed Coal as they use themselves.

Coal Storages should be setup all over the country and State should ensure adequate supply of Coal at all points.
Small villages and towns should setup their own Coal Gas Plants for local supply and Local skill should be developed to run these plants.

Coal Gas Engine Generators should be manufactured Locally and Power Plants upto 25MW should be developed Locally. All Local Engineering Industries should be guided by the Ministry of Science & Technology. Govt of Pakistan should provide fundingfor research to all Universities and Private Enterprenuers to develop this technology......

else........

we always do have a choice DO NOTHING and watch carefully how NATIONS with no FUTURE VISION slips into non existence.

Fahim Baig
fahimbaig2@gmail.com

Dear Imran Khan,

Answer to ur question about how many MWe can be generated from Coal Gasification,
a coal gasifier produces Coal Gas from Coal, the quantity of Gas produced depends upon the Size of the Gasifier.
multiple units can also be installed to reach the required capacity the basic unit is 400KW and upto 6MW units can be developed for Industries. We have the Capacity to manufacture Gasifier Units upto 10 Million Kcals/Hour.

Siemens Germany is supplying to China, 8 gasifiers of 500MW each with a total of 4000MW, they had manufactured and supplied the first 2 gasifiers in 18 Months.

What the Govt of Pakistan needs to do is to provide a Transport channel via Railway for Coal, and should secure all Coal Mines by the help of Pakistan Army and provide a supply network of Coal to all the Major Industrial zones and give them opportunity to make use of coal for industry.
Why Railway is important for Coal...... Railway is the cheapest mode of Transport a 2700 Tons good Train requires 4 litres of Diesel to travel 1 Km. you can imagine the difference in the expenditure which we are incurring on a daily basis on Trucks.

What we need in the next 5 years to survive....
Mining Schools, Mining Universities in Baluchistan and Sind. Coal Processing Plants both State Owned and Private Industrialists,

All Cement Industries should be asked to setup their own Coal Cleaning Plants and it should be compulsory for them to supply in Market at least the amount of processed Coal as they use themselves.

Coal Storages should be setup all over the country and State should ensure adequate supply of Coal at all points.
Small villages and towns should setup their own Coal Gas Plants for local supply and Local skill should be developed to run these plants.

Coal Gas Engine Generators should be manufactured Locally and Power Plants upto 25MW should be developed Locally. All Local Engineering Industries should be guided by the Ministry of Science & Technology. Govt of Pakistan should provide fundingfor research to all Universities and Private Enterprenuers to develop this technology......

else........

we always do have a choice DO NOTHING and watch carefully how NATIONS with no FUTURE VISION slips into non existence.

Fahim Baig
fahimbaig2@gmail.com
But i heard from an energy expert that coal reserviors in Thar are still predominently in bituminous stage I wonder if the heat content would be different with the type of coal used, Pardon me for asking a silly question but i am not a scientist.

But i heard from an energy expert that coal reserviors in Thar are still predominently in bituminous stage I wonder if the heat content would be different with the type of coal used, Pardon me for asking a silly question but i am not a scientist.

yes that is correct different types of coals have different HCV and the value can be checked in a Lab to determine the amount of coal required for a particular application.

Fahim Baig
fahimbaig2@gmail.com

Video uploaded
Home

Pakistan First Gasifier - YouTube

Dear Pakistanis

Fahim Baig
fahimbaig2@gmail.com

A worthy achievement no Doubt , But talking of low price Electricity , Coal Gasifier method do effect the environment a lot , and the Air pollution may cause serious problems for all Livings Equally.:argh:
Actually we all are so much desperate to get rid of Load-Shedding that we want electricity on any PRICE:undecided: .May they Think of a More friendly way;"Wind mills Power Stations"
I wonder if they might choose location for these Power Stations considering all these things ,may be near Arabian Sea

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom