What's new

First chinese with Chinese nationality get Nobel

former there are ten Chinese got Nobel, but they didn't with Chinese nationality when they got nobel, six of them got Nobel Prize in Physics, two got in Chemistry, one Literature

and many other honours equivalent to the Nobel Prize or where the Nobel Prize has not covered!

Mo Yan has won some of the highest honours in Chinese literature in China before becoming a NP Laureate:

9d82d158ccbf6c81e7af5acbbc3eb13533fa407c.jpg

茅盾文学奖 Mao_Dun_Literature_Prize
茅盾文学奖.baidu.com

大家·红河文学奖 The Masters Honghe Literary Prize

大家·红河文学奖

大家·红河文学奖.baidu.com

莫言 Mo Yan
莫言 Mo Yan

Congrats to Mo Yan and China.

But to be honest, I wouldn't take the nobel prize too seriously. Pakistan too has gotten a novel prize in the past in Physics. I mean Barack Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize, and look what he is doing in Afghanistan.

What has done for the Palestinians?

Obama is nothing but a hypocrite. Obama talk bigs, but takes very little action. I'm very critical of his speech in Cairo, it was just a PR stunt.

Same thing with the reset with Russia. Relations between US and Russia were not reset and relations between the US and the Islamic world were not reset.

Congratulation Mo yan.

former there are ten Chinese got Nobel, but they didn't with Chinese nationality when they got nobel, six of them got Nobel Prize in Physics, two got in Chemistry, one Literature

Which countries did they get the nobel prize for? Furthermore do you consider guys like Liu Xiabo and Dalai lama as winning the award for china?(even though they are politically motivated)

Congratulation Mo yan.

Which countries did they get the nobel prize for? Furthermore do you consider guys like Liu Xiabo and Dalai lama as winning the award for china?(even though they are politically motivated)

That's why I said it is a trap.

I know it is nothing for many countries, and I also not be exciting about these! For a huge country, till now, we just get one Nobel, it is so sad!...
…

I completely disagree with you on this! Totally!

First, Liu Xiaobo was the first Chinese national in China to receive a Nobel Prize, irrespective of whether you like it or not. So this is the second.

Second, Nobel Prize is a reflection of Western values, especially humanity prizes. For long time Easterners are only good as their slaves, or physical labors. Eastern countries are the places abundant with resources for the westerners to loot, rich cultures for the westerners to pillage. They make the rules and you easterners to follow. No challenge, no dissidents, … only gunboat policy will face if you dare to.

East Asia cultures, typified by the Chinese culture that prevailed and influenced Korea, Mongolia, Japan, Vietnam, Burma, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia (Singapore), and in lesser scope, the Philippines, and Indonesia, are vastly different from many of the West.

Chinese culture is the only culture that has been continuously bright and outstanding for 5,000-10,000 years in the world, uninterrupted. And only in recently hundred years is it suppressed by brutal opium drug traffickers aided by other western jackals such as some Indians. (Don’t you see how one Indian member in this forum is so proud of Indians being bloody British drug traffickers’ cannon fodder, and posts a thread dedicated to killing of the Chinese by Indians?)

Chinese culture is unique, distinct and in stark contrast to Western one in many aspects that not many Westerners are capable of understanding and therefore appreciating.

Truly, how do you expect them with different upbringings to understand and appreciate a distinct and distant greatness, and to award their prize?

The reasons they give it to the Chinese now are based on: a) leverage their influence to subvert or otherwise degrading your culture; b) reluctantly agree that your culture is indeed distinctly great and uniquely bright.

So you must feel happy, instead of sad, that the Chinese, once again using their culture, enlighten those “barbarians”, but this time in modern era.

The Chinese should strive to maintain the distinctness and uniqueness of Chinese culture. That's where you value is, and be proud of that!

I know, the political pressure influence the Nobel, especially Nobel peace prize, all the world know the Nobel peace prize is joke, but others not! I know Nobel is not pure completely, but still present for the world highest honor for scientist and artist in many domains!

China economy and science have get huge achivement, that's the result after whole country and people working hard, I hope china education can reform to release individual!!

we always find Nobel, Oscar type awards just 'fakes'. Nobel is about, someone does the work and a western national is awarded, or in few cases, these awards are just do publicity of greatness of Western nations, by doing publicity of wrong about developing nations, based on lies. for example I give of 'SlumDog millionaire' movie, which got 5-6 Oscars but no credibility in that movie which was based on lies about India. at the same time many told us that these Nobel awards are given to the 'bosses', for the works of those migrant engineers/scientists who work under them :meeting:

@gpit
^^Post reported. Where the hell India come in this thread ?
Remain on topic and avoid using off-topic.

Back
Top Bottom