First Chinese AEW&C ZDK-03 Karakoram Eagle Delivered

MZUBAIR

Reaction score
Country
Australia
1101347859-1.gif

I read this news in todays paper.....
Now questions in my mind....

We already have UAV's for SPY role......
Now wt kind of this aircraft Pakistan recieved ????

And Pakistan will get 3 more....

any other source guys

1101347859-1.gif

I read this news in todays paper.....
Now questions in my mind....

We already have UAV's for SPY role......
Now wt kind of this aircraft Pakistan recieved ????

And Pakistan will get 3 more....

any other source guys

i can only remember the CH-3 deal - armed UAV

But that Ch-3 deal was for army and not for PAF but this news clearly states that the source of information is PAF so i don't think its CH-3 rather a ZDK-03 AWAC also look at the numbers stated in the news i.e 4, why would Pakistan acquire CH-3 in such small numbers being them as a UAV, while on the other hand ZDK-03 deal was for 4 aircrafts. For me i will go with ZDK-03

BTW this news is already posted here http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/1284-pakistan-awacs-aew-cs-aircrafts-142.html

why are you people forgetting ZDK03. i think this is the first one and three will follow.

The newz says that its the first SPY aircraft, where PF alreeady have 1 ZDK03 (if I m not wrong)

zdk03Karakoram+Eagle.jpg

I also thought of that for the first instance, but they that was more related to PA being interested in acquisition of CH-3 and that too in the vicinity of 20 not 4. Second thought was KKE AWACS being inducted in 4 and ability to "Spy" Survailence, but basing that in Masroor when JFT squadrons being raised in Peshawar also created doubts, my defective guess would be something like global hawk.

The newz says that its the first SPY aircraft, where PF alreeady have 1 ZDK03 (if I m not wrong)

zdk03Karakoram+Eagle.jpg

No PAF didn't have any , the first one was rolled out in china long ago but then it went for certain changes in the radar as a result none was delivered to PAF

No PAF didn't have any , the first one was rolled out in china long ago but then it went for certain changes in the radar as a result none was delivered to PAF
Latest picture of KKE was from Yanilang China, and clear picture was not allowed to leak out, If KKE was in Yanilang for Testing hardly a month ago, it made little sense that that made to Karachi after finishing its testing so soon.

Latest picture of KKE was from Yanilang China, and clear picture was not allowed to leak out, If KKE was in Yanilang for Testing hardly a month ago, it made little sense that that made to Karachi after finishing its testing so soon.

The picture of it being in Yanilang may have come out hardly a month ago but that doesn't firms it up that the picture was taken as soon as the aircraft arrived there. may be the picture has been taken much later after the arrival of the aircraft which would have been there long before finally someone took a picture of it . Also if you remember its been long ago since it was first rolled out , though there were few radars changes going around but we know how quick Chinese are .

Also it doesnt make any sense other than ZDK-03 (KE ), CH-3 as i mentioned earlier was intended for Pakistan Army but the news quoted it form someone within Air force so why would an Air force person will provide info regarding Army induction , and other than CH-3 i don't think there was any other thing under the wraps like many people here suggesting to be something else . So i will go with ZDK-03 (KE)

ZDK-03 is not a SPY A/C, as stated in the news article.

Has to be a drone surely, a UAV.

Sounds like an AWAC. However, thanks to our Urdu journalism, for creating an ambiguity :unsure:. In Urdu, it should have been ''Radar bardar tayara'' instead of ''Jasoos tayara".

ZDK-03 is not a SPY A/C, as stated in the news article.

Has to be a drone surely, a UAV.

Do you know about our media? they are dumb when it comes to defence news. They already have committed such blunders in the past so i will not be surprised if they have quoted an AEWAC aircraft as a spy plane . Also the common notion is our media for UAV is "beghair pilot k tayara" . The people sitting within the news channels are lay person so don't expect them to have pin point accuracy there can always be some glitches around

Do you know about our media? they are dumb when it comes to defence news. They already have committed such blunders in the past so i will not be surprised if they have quoted an AEWAC aircraft as a spy plane . Also the common notion is our media for UAV is "beghair pilot k tayara" . The people sitting within the news channels are lay person so don't expect them to have pin point accuracy there can always be some glitches around

But still, the huge size difference between an AWAC and UAV does make it pretty darn easy to differentiate.

Back
Top Bottom