What's new

Firing between Pak-Afghan forces at Torkham border

Our beloved PM was so sad on the death of gays killed in a night club in Orlando that he forgot to comment on this incident. Not a peep from him and than people say why is the army stepping in? Do they have a choice in the matter?
@notorious_eagle

We need to show Afghans a firm hand regarding the border issues and close all the small infiltration points and mechanize all the major crossing points and enforce visa..
Fighting isn't solution and root to all problems is the Afghans not recognizing the durand line. We just need to make sure that they understand with form but polite approach...

Pakistan should keep constructing the gate and replying those nasty afghan cockroaches with missiles not firing. I think its time to tell Afghanistan what Pakistan is capable of. Even our paramilitary force will be enough to destroy afghan army :D

Pakistan should use air force to reply to afghanistan, heavy missiles will be enough to counter that tiny afghanistan. Afghanistan is mostly controlled by afghan taliban, their govt cannot control anything beyond kabul and they are trying to confront a nuclear power? I mean do they want to live peacefully or shall we dismantle afghanistan

Keep the wall constructing going on, backoff the $500 million aid projects in afghanistan, send those 3 million afghans back to their country if not easily than forcefully and reply brutally to any instigation by afghan forces

The thing is that the afghan govt and afghan need to understand that the Durand line is an international border and no matter what it will stay an international border. The Pakistani pakhtun are heavily invested in Pakistan and have actively taken part in Pakistan politics and still do. The border is not going anywhere and the more problems Afghanistan raises the worse it will get for her.

The torkham firing proves that Afghanistan does not want border control so that it can export terrorism in Pakistan. It wants the easy unchecked methods. Mounted with such aggression will only create hatred which already is rising but the Afghan army, people and govt are not interested in this. They want to make senseless claims of Durand which all of the world rubbishes at the expense of making a powerful neighbour it's enemy.

Me and inferiority complex? Onion you have no idea about my views, i filter my views on this forum. I do look down upon certain people and communities, and i hold my nation in very high esteem.......remember that

:lol: well you are trying to club yourself with Afghanistanis just to feel superior and when you look down down upon certain people and communities i.e Pakistanis and Pakistani patriotic Pukhtuns it means you yourself has an inferiority complex.

The reality is that despite being Pukhtun you are a nobody for Afghanistan or Afghanistanis same goes for Afghan Pukhtuns they are nobodies for us as long as it comes to guarding own country/ies.

Watan parasti is the sign of the scoundrel. The clashes here have LITTLE to do with right or wrong as the politics on both sides have focused on their own goals. Neither side can claim right or wrong simply due to the fact that neither side actually cares if a villager from either side has his daughter's hand blown up by a shell from them. The issue here is the border and its enforcement. From a Pakistani viewpoint, its by hook or by crook because they need to secure it; for Afghan's it means a tacit blow to their claim on the durand line.

It is of little consequence which religion, race , colour or creed is killed. Nation states have NEVER cared for this except for briefs periods in history.

The fact that you think you are superior is where you will falter into bigotry.

It is not by hook or crook by Pakistan. Pakistan is well within his rights to mane the border so that no militant cross over to Afghanistan or come over to Pakistan simple as that. We cannot afford further to allow Afghans to enter without a valid visa.

Afghan claim has no roots no proof no credentials. Period.

Americans and Indians are enemies of Afghanistan and Pakistan. They don't want them to stay ally since long time, first Phase is almost over with drama of TTP etc... now second phase has started where they want direct engagement ... we are still electing and expecting from people like Nawaz to understand and solve the regional issues...

In the Meanwhile Pakistani foreign office spokesperson said that Angor Adda post is not being gifted to Afghanistan.

Only a gate was built on Afghan side as a sign of good gesture.

This is good development at least Pakistani government came clean on Angor Adda issue.

Send in a company of PA and keep the supply line open for them. You can shut these idiots there by battle hardened soldiers from a company even

Firing continues.

According to sources Pakistani forces enter Afghanistan and hoisted Pak flag on Sheraz fort.

The Afghan forces deliberately targeted Pakistani civilians to divert gate construction work. So stop selling your inferiority complex churran here. you can cross over to Afghanistan and fight against Pakistan.
The level of audacity is astounding. How obnoxious one can get? I mean if Pakistanis were constructing the fence on the shared/ disputed land then it is understandable that Afghans would resist but they won’t even allow that inside Pakistan? I mean WTF?

They are not interested in border control, or guarding and watching but will continue to criticise Pakistan from Kabul greenzone

The level of audacity is astounding. How obnoxious one can get? I mean if Pakistanis were constructing the fence on the shared/ disputed land then it is understandable that Afghans would resist but they won’t even allow that inside Pakistan? I mean WTF?

They are not interested in border control, or guarding and watching but will continue to criticise Pakistan from Kabul greenzone

Irfan I personally feel and now feel stronger that all these fresh developments on part of Afghanistan, are a part of the plan to prolong the conflict in the region with full convinced of USA . It seems US wants to stay for longer at least till next presidential elections. Chahbahar and CPEC do seem to have a link here. But one must remember that the interests of USA, Afghanistan and Pakistan are best served and would only be best served, only when these three club together.

Bringing Iran and India into it would harm all three.

Americans and Indians are enemies of Afghanistan and Pakistan. They don't want them to stay ally since long time, first Phase is almost over with drama of TTP etc... now second phase has started where they want direct engagement ... we are still electing and expecting from people like Nawaz to understand and solve the regional issues...
What are we going to get from the alliance with the Afghanistan except more problems

A wall/fence should be constructed to keep the wildlings from the north out

I like this Game of Thrones analogy, very fitting, Consider how much Heroin they use on the other side of the border, they kinda look like the Walkers anyway.

We need to create a buffer (5km's) inside Afghanistan beyond which any armed person should be treated as a bandit.

Last edited:
Abdullah Abdullah condemns Torkham shooting, confirms ceasefire
June 13, 2016, 1:43 pm
INP
KABUL:
The Afghan Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah has condemned what he described as the overnight attack on border police by Pakistani forces, but said a ceasefire had been agreed upon.

Addressing the Council of Minister's meeting on Monday morning in Kabul, the CEO said Afghan government and Pakistan had an agreement that before building any new installations in that area, they would be discussed and mutually agreed upon according to international law.

"We have discussed this through diplomatic channels too but Pakistan didn't act upon the decisions we had," he said.

"Pakistan wanted to build new installations and Afghan Border Forces didn't allow it. Pakistan went further and fired towards Afghan Forces," he added.

"One of our border soldiers was martyred and six others wounded in the clashes against Pakistan last night. The other side had casualties too."

He went on to praise Afghan security forces and said: "We have the right to protect ourselves and no one should look down at us when it comes to defending our sovereignty and integrity."

"We have proved that we are able to protect our homeland and our people. The current fight Pakistan started doesn't help anyone's interest."

He said: "We currently have agreed on a ceasefire with Pakistan. We hope this problem will end through the work by diplomatic addresses."

Abdullah also offered his sympathy to the "people and government of U.S for the tragic incident in Orlando, Florida," which killed 50 and wounded 53.

He also said that they would discuss at Monday's meeting the issue of abductions in Kabul. "Security forces must take extra measures to avoid such cases in future," Abdullah said.
http://nation.com.pk/international/...-condemns-torkham-shooting-confirms-ceasefire

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom