What's new

Finnish defence forces reveal upgraded BMP-2M

Vanezi

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Finland
First photos of the upgraded BMP-2MD. (Low quality, not my fault as they are directly from a news site)
The upgrade features some sort of camo netting, thermal sights, anti-air sight, optic observation device and all the communications equipment are renewed. (Sorry for the rough translations, but you get the idea :-))
bemariamp.jpg bemarisis.jpg bemari2.jpg bemari1.jpg

First photos of the upgraded BMP-2MD. (Low quality, not my fault as they are directly from a news site)
The upgrade features some sort of camo netting, thermal sights, anti-air sight, optic observation device and all the communications equipment are renewed. (Sorry for the rough translations, but you get the idea :-))
View attachment 198920 View attachment 198921 View attachment 198922 View attachment 198923
After war in Ukraine, BMP's seem to have no use I think, but the upgrades are still damn good.

After war in Ukraine, BMP's seem to have no use I think, but the upgrades are still damn good.
If im not completely mistaken, many of the BMP's and other vehicles have been destroyed in artillery barrages and semi-caused by the lack of experience in the crew? As i recall seeing several photos of vehicles destroyed right in the open, fields, roads and sometimes dug in the ground.
But anyways, we really need to keep these machines running as we only have about 100 CV9030's and 110 BMP-2's. For the price of upgrading the BMP's, only about 8-10 CV's could have been purchased.

Back
Top Bottom