What's new

Finally!!!! India joins the Cryogenic Club-GSLV D5 Successfully launched

When will ULV be ready for testing? And the previous post just responded. :)

Semi-cryogenic engine SCE-200 and Cryogenic Engine CE-25 are expected to be tested in 2017 .
so I guess ULV can be expected to be functional by2020 or so ...

But 2025 is more realistic time frame ...given inordinate delays that can be expected ....

after all only US and Russia have this capability so far ....!!!

Last edited:
Semi-cryogenic engine SCE-160 and Cryogenic Engine CE-25 are expected to be tested in 2017 .
so I guess ULV can be expected to be functional by2020 or so ...

But 2025 is more realistic time frame ...given inordinate delays that can be expected ....

after all only US and Russia have this capability so far ....!!!

Which capability are you talking about? Semi-cryogenic engine?

Which capability are you talking about? Semi-cryogenic engine?

Yeh as far as I know only US and Russia have functional Semi cryogenic engines ...

UK had tested semi cryogenic engine in past ... but I am not sure if it is in use ...

China has also tested its semi cryogenic engines YF 100 , YF 117 ... in 2007 ( derived from Russian RD 120 Semi cryogenic engines )

I am not sure if it is in use ...

Last edited:
Guys I browsed all 36 pages to read each n every comment posted. congrats to all. Ironically pvt news channels dont give much weightage to such news. They r mostly interested in fcu#!ng Arvind K's happy ness. Great show ISRO.

i don know why Oscar or other Mods don stop such trolling.. suddenly in last few months the standard and decorum in PDF seems to sky dive.. rather than being happy abt an achievement of neighbor and trying hard to become better by upgrading thyselves, it seems a incessant mud slinging madness is always there in the forum...

Feel sad that when we are having a good day and providing new avenues for cheaper satellite launch to asian and other countries, the thread gt just lost in silly trolling...

Grow up ... a nation cant become better by doing mindless things.. take inspiration.. take challenges and become better.. as a human being evolve...

Are you sure you don't know why???

LOL,Are you an idiot lol........:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Ha ha .....Kya Baat Hai...

IN : Mere Paas Agni V , MKI aur GSLV hai.... Arihant aur Vikki Bhi Hai.....
PK ( Rote Hue ) : Mere Paas na.. Mere Paas........ JF17 Hai....

PS : Bas Kuch saal ki der hai.. jaha India nano ke chakkar me time waste kar raha hai.. pakistan ka bachaa bachaa JF17 uda raha hoga ( Cockpit se nahi... baba BOMB se... wo jaise Eyrene Udaya tha naa.. us type se..)
:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

The whole rocket weighs 414,000kgs but it can only only carry 2 tonnes. LOLOL

In any case, JF-17 can perform anti-satellite role as well, don't forget that. In a war, all your satellites are juicy targets for the Thunder! All your communications and spy sats will be knocked out by the JF-17 the moment war starts. So there is no advantage to India from these satellites in case of war.
Ya you can but in your dreams............u just need to sleep for that:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::nana::nana::nana::nana:

Hello Happy new year everybody .m new and m from Arunachal Pradesh the most eastern most state of india . ...
Hey your comment will burn the @$$ of chinees members:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Last edited:
Even F22 cannot bring down a satellite. Forget JF 17. No one will give Pakistan this technology. Man don't wana fall to this level of discussion,

India has mastered Cryogenic technology !!!
Um, no. You'll "master" it when you develop the ability to stop and restart the engine in space. It's a bit more tricky, take maybe a few more years of work, but important if you want to use the engine and high-energy upper stage to put payloads into temporary parking orbit, as NASA does for interplanetary and lunar missions. It also increases the margin of safety for manned missions.

Congrats, India. You are now fifty years behind the U.S., which developed the "Centaur" hydrogen-fueled upper stage in the mid-1960s.

Guys, it is a good day that we have this technology. But this is one launch. It will take 2-3 more launches to confirm its reliability and design. More over, we need to be calm, because this is not a new technology. There are many other advances in the field of cryogenics like quantum cooling , quantum heat engine etc. So it is a long way to go.

That was not required.
he is right, of course it is a milestone, but this technology is not new. Many advances have already happened. We have to test new types of cryogenic engines, which will take another decade.

http://power.itp.ac.cn/~suncp/papers/PR/PRE07-2.pdf

Back
Top Bottom