What's new

Finally!!!! India joins the Cryogenic Club-GSLV D5 Successfully launched

India_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

:tup::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::tup:
:D

Does India have any real heavy launched vehicle in the class of delta IV heavy in plan yet? Something that can launch 20-25 ton to LEO?

Whats the purpose?We dont have any space station program.

all those who are commenting here don't even know a single fact about rocket science. And they are having debate on this sensitive technology of cryogenics LOL. Funny!! hahahaha.

But CONGRATS Fellas!!!!

parbat voh sab se ūnchā, hamsāya āsmān ka
voh santari hamārā, voh pāsbān hamārā

Ai āb-i rūd-i Gangā! wuh din haiṉ yād tujh ko?
Utrā tire[10] kināre jab kārwāṉ hamārā

kuch bāt hai keh hastī, miṭati nahīn hamārī
sadiyon rahā hai dushman, daur-e-zamān hamārā

sāre jahān se acchā hindostān hamārā
ham bulbulain hai is ki, yeh gulsitān hamārā

Awesome job guys. My heartfelt congratulations to all the team members involved and also my fellow country men.

-npm

Hello Happy new year everybody .m new and m from Arunachal Pradesh the most eastern most state of india . ...
welcome !! please use the introduction thread bhai..:enjoy:...

I hope this news get published in front page of british news paper "The Guardian" .. it `s always fun to read their admiration for our space programmes :D:D:D

welcome !! please use the introduction thread bhai..:enjoy:...

I hope this news get published in front page of british news paper "The Guardian" .. it `s always fun to read their admiration for our space programmes :D:D:D

Thanks but i can't seem to find it .. could u help me out here ..ha ha

Does India have any real heavy launched vehicle in the class of delta IV heavy in plan yet? Something that can launch 20-25 ton to LEO?
India is developing 2000 kN semi-cryogenic engine ...it will form core of ULV ...which will have max load of 15 tons to LEO...it can be boosted to 25 tons ...

ULV is still in drawing phase ...

But then India isn't in any race ....

We know we have long way to go .... but we will arrive there at our own pace and at our own terms !!!

Do my eyes deceive me? :drag:

We don't know their plans beyond the ULV

ULV capacity can be boosted to 25 tons to LEO ...

I don't think India will really need that kind of capacity in foreseeable near-future although ...

Last edited:
India is developing 2000Kn semi-cryogenic engine ...it will form core of ULV ...which will have max load of 15 tons to LEO...it can be boosted to 25 tons ...

We know we have long way to go .... but we will arrive there at our own pace and at our own terms !!!

Well mate building blocks are there-s200 boosters are already tested,CE 20 would be undergo first flight in 2017,SCE 200 would be ready for testing by 2017...

Well mate building blocks are there-s200 boosters are already tested,CE 20 would be undergo first flight in 2017,SCE 200 would be ready for testing by 2017...

Our immediate priority would be perfecting CE 20 so that GSLV Mk III can be functional ....

It will become launch vehicle workhorse for next decade ...

We are looking at ULV basically to kick in after 2025 -2030 ...

which is fine given our resources and priorities ...

as far as Semi Cryogenic Engine is concerned this is the progress so far ....

The Preliminary Design Review (PDR) for Semi-cryogenic engine development has been completed. Preparation of fabrication drawings of subsystems have been completed. A MOU has been signed with NFTDC for the realisation of copper alloy for Thrust chamber. Single element Pre-Burner (PB) injector realised and injector spray charaterisation using PIV was carried out. Test facility for single element pre-burner commissioned at PRG facility, VSSC. Semi Cryo Test facility design by M/s Rolta has been completed.
Design of Semi Cryo Engine including heat exchanger and ejector is competed. Fabrication drawings and documents are generated based on the PDR and joint reviews. Configuration design of subscale engine is completed. Preliminary Design Review (PDR) of Hydraulic Actuation System
(HAS) and Hydraulic Power System (HPS) for Engine Gimbal control is completed and Technical specifications are finalized.
Single Element Pre-Burner injector element has been hot tested successfully. Ignition of LOX/Isrosene propellant with hypergolic slug igniter and flame holding, demonstration of safe handling of pyrophoric fluid TEA, validation of start sequence, characterization of injector elements and qualification of Hayness-214 material are the major achievements of the tests.

India is developing 2000Kn semi-cryogenic engine ...it will form core of ULV ...which will have max load of 15 tons to LEO...it can be boosted to 25 tons ...

ULV capacity can be boosted to 25 tons to LEO ...

I don't think India will really need that kind of capacity in foreseeable near-future although ...

When will ULV be ready for testing? And the previous post just responded. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom