What's new

Filthy Mayhem in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
And these Indicites claim to be cradle of civilization in the past. (LOL, first google where cradle of civilization is, it was never in India). The truth is that it was always like this in India. They have the guts to insult muslims and have a fake concept that in the past India was shining star and others came and ruined it for them. Probably others have only contributed but Indians keep falling back to their habits, traditions and way of life.
History is and was what it is ....you spewing your BS is not going to change it....As soon as people stop insulting Indians(Hindus, Muslims, Christians..etc)...we will stop insulting non Indian Muslims...how is that is that a deal?

Depends on approach and access.. Usually most dont have road access and even a tractor might need to cross from the road through other people's farm.

The closer to road ones are costly. The surrounded ones are cheaper and can even be purchased as low as 10 lakh per acre in my district.

I can't even be as specific regarding my district. Goes anywhere from 2 lakhs to 20 lakhs, again based on approach, access and also availability of water and soil productivity.

When did you jump from the saffron revolution onto green revolution? :laugh:

But won't it depend on the productivity and location of the field in question? An acre of paddy field near my village costs much much less than in say, Mandya or Mysore.

I have always been a tree hugger. It goes with being a saffron revolutionary.

In Kerala the distances are rather short no? So doubt the difference is high for agricultural land. I do not have anyone in farming in my family, some distant cousins barring. My paternal grandfather sold his land long long time ago. Now I am not allowed to buy agricultural lands because I am not a farmer.

Well, cities like Bangalore have had a massive influx of immigrants come in and the infrastructure is at breaking point.

A city like Cochin has actually regressed in terms of waste management.

It is as if the Indian officials are lethargic about waste management.

I read in a Public health news letter that if Indian children cut their nails and wash their hands, a lot of the deaths due to diarrhea could be avoided.

I'd love to see the investment figures civic spending, especially to do with waste disposal.

You are right about the personal hygiene issues. This is one thing I have found shocking i.e. that someone from the sub-continent has bad personal hygiene. It was our ancestors who came up with the first sewers, public wash basins and integrated streams for daily washing and carrying away of waste. Yet here we are in this situation. A wtf is needed!

Sorry you need to be more specific when you mention South Asia.. Some of them have done quite well regards to waste management and overall cleanliness of the environment

Sub-contient and to be honest many other South Asian states I have visited and yes they include the Asian tigers.....

I'd love to see the investment figures civic spending, especially to do with waste disposal.

You are right about the personal hygiene issues. This is one thing I have found shocking i.e. that someone from the sub-continent has bad personal hygiene. It was our ancestors who came up with the first sewers, public wash basins and integrated streams for daily washing and carrying away of waste. Yet here we are in this situation. A wtf is needed!

Sub-contient and to be honest many other South Asian states I have visited and yes they include the Asian tigers.....

Look at Egypt and Mesopotamia now.

One cannot conceive how they were the nerve centers of civilization back then.

I have always been a tree huger. It goes with being a saffron revolutionary.

In Kerala the distances are rather short no? So doubt the difference is high for agricultural land. I do not have anyone in farming in my family, some distant cousins barring. My paternal grandfather sold his land long long time ago. Now I am not allowed to buy agricultural lands because I am not a farmer.

Since most of Kerala is mountainous, I guess prices are much more homogenous there. But expect land rates to spike the moment they're close to rivers. @SpArK What say, comrade?

Look at Egypt and Mesopotamia now.

One cannot conceive how they were the nerve centers of civilization back then.

Ah, that's true. How far we have fallen from the tree.

Since most of Kerala is mountainous, I guess prices are much more homogenous there. But expect land rates to spike the moment they're close to rivers. @SpArK What say, comrade?

River side plots fetch more money. Central kerala is the most sort after place.

Lets talk growing vegetables! I like to grow asparagus, you plant it once and it keeps producing for 3 decades!
On some days they grow so fast you can literally see them grow! Other vegetables require constant care and water, asparagus will survive through anything so one you have it in the ground with plenty of organic matter, your set for the next 2-3 decades of awesome vegetables.

There is a river or a spring or a lake everywhere in Kerala.

Lets talk growing vegetables! I like to grow asparagus, you plant it once and it keeps producing for 3 decades!
On some days they grow so fast you can literally see them grow! Other vegetables require constant care and water, asparagus will survive through anything so one you have it in the ground with plenty of organic matter, your set for the next 2-3 decades of awesome vegetables.

I do not see it much in Indian markets.

River side plots fetch more money. Central kerala is the most sort after place.

How about in Kasargod? I had read sometime back that endosulfan poisoning had sent the prices of farmland and arecanut plantations crashing down. Has that recovered now?

How is it in Islamabad given the fact that it's a planned city?

Pretty clean surprisingly but being a planned city helps a great deal. There have been recent migrations and few slums propping up that need seeing to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom