What's new

Files reveal Netaji was alive after 1945, family spied upon: Mamata Banerjee

Darmashkian

Reaction score
Country
India
Files reveal Netaji was alive after 1945, family spied upon: Mamata Banerjee

KOLKATA: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said the files on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose declassified by the state government on Friday contain letters supporting the theory that he was alive after 1945 and that his family was snooped upon.

"There are intercepts. I have seen the documents and it is clear from them that the family of Netaji was spied upon," she told the media here.

On the snooping, she said it was "unfortunate" that after India's independence Netaji did not get due honour.

In addition, she said, some letters said that he was alive after his "disappearance".

"There are certain letters where many have said that he was alive after 1945," the chief minister said.

The digitised version of the declassified 64 files was made available in a set of seven DVDs. The original files are housed at the Calcutta Police Museum. The files will be accessible to the public from Monday on a first-come-first-served basis.

"Each and every page is important. Historians and researchers must study these files minutely. We must know the truth about the great, brave son of the soil," Banerjee added.

The Trinamool Congress supremo said the central government should also declassify the files in its possession.

"The truth should come out. If there is nothing to hide, why is the Centre not declassifying (the files)," she asked.

An August 22, 1945, Tokyo Radio announced the 'death' of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose in an air crash in Formosa (now Taiwan) on August 18, 1945, en route to Japan.

But the crash theory has been rejected by scores of Netaji's followers and admirers and claims of the revolutionary leader resurfacing continue to intrigue and divide Indians over the years.

Recently declassified files of the union home ministry revealed that the family of Netaji was placed under intensive surveillance from 1948 to 1968 by the central government.

The country had three Congress prime ministers during these 20 years - Jawaharlal Nehru, Lal Bahadur Shastri and Indira Gandhi

Read more at:
Files reveal Netaji was alive after 1945, family spied upon: Mamata Banerjee - The Economic Times
---------------------------------------------------------------
CPLEm6FUEAAi-iL.jpg

CPLEm7tVAAAssXt.jpg

@Rain Man @scorpionx @Mike_Brando @magudi @Echo_419 @nair @Nair saab @levina @Marxist @ranjeet @Samudra Manthan @nForce @Manindra @Juggernautjatt @Guynextdoor2 @Prajapati @IndoCarib

Saw her press conference today. She said "whatever happened was unfortunate, (pause) unfortunate". It is a massive 12,000 pages of invaluable resources and don't be surprised if something comes out from those pages within months to put the Gandhis in a lot of troubled waters.

Investigations by all the three commissions were pointing out the undeniable fact that Netaji didn't die in that plane crash, in fact there was no plane crash, first two commissions forcefully denied it, but the 3rd commission clearly stated that he didn't die in 1945...but Congress government rejected the report.

Now the central government will declassify their files. :)

Saw her press conference today. She said "whatever happened was unfortunate, (pause) unfortunate". It is a massive 12,000 pages of invaluable resources and don't be surprised if something comes out from those pages within months to put the Gandhis in a lot of troubled waters.

Well, there was a debate on Timesnow and one of the congress spokes person said, revealing Bose files may harm international relations with other countries....

Well, there was a debate on Timesnow and one of the congress spokes person said, revealing Bose files may harm international relations with other countries....

Congress should stop preaching such bogus and ridiculous arguments. Does not bring anything good to their already battered reputations all over the country. Soviet Union no longer exists, Stalin is long dead, neither the present Russians care anything for whatever happened in '45 nor the Indians are going to blame Russians if Stalin put Bose in Gulag on request of Nehru. The only thing country wants is to know the truth, something the Congressi intellectualism has still not understood.

Congress should stop preaching such bogus and ridiculous arguments. Does not bring anything good to their already battered reputations all over the country. Soviet Union no longer exists, Stalin is long dead, neither the present Russians care anything for whatever happened in '45 nor the Indians are going to blame Russians if Stalin put Bose in Gulag on request of Nehru. The only thing country wants is to know the truth, something the Congressi intellectualism has still not understood.

Not about understanding, if their role comes out and if it is known that Nehru Deliberately kept Bose in a Soviet gulag, then there will be fireworks in the country...

The camera man should have zoomed into the LCD screen.

Now the central government will declassify their files
when exactly?
Modi had said he didnt want to upset "some friends" so he was not in favor of declassifying it.
you can tag only 5 members at a time, the rest wont receive any notification.

Last edited:
Biggest Indian mystery it seem along with Arushi Talwar murder case

Biggest Indian mystery it seem along with Arushi Talwar murder case
The actual events of the untimely death of Lal Bahadur Shastri in Tashkhent are still shrouded in mystery (a plenty blame the Indira Gandhi lobby for it). Even that needed a thorough investigation before it was not too late.

Across the World,most Democracies Declassify records within 30-50 years or so,because they view that this worth it(They think that there can be no damage to any country on declassified files).Only in India,we follow a vague policy on this matter,mostly to hide the truth.Whole world knows it'll not damage anything to any country(Nobody bothers what action UK,US and SU performed on Netaji Subhas Bose.Even putting leaders into Gulag didn't bother the world,like Chinese Emperor Pu Yi served),rather some of our "Politicians" will not find a place to hide.

In the eye of Allied Power,Subhas Chandra was an War Criminal.We all know that.Nobody will bother if some allied country would act on that to deliver some punishment.Nobody would haggle over it.But role of "Nehru and Gandhi Parivar" would possibly wipe out Congress,which is main concern of these successive governments.And let me clarify,Yes,BJP do bothers about Congress.Most people has no clue how these parties work.Nobody is "Sworn Enemies" in Politics.

when exactly?
Modi had said he didnt want to upset "some friends" so he was not in favor of declassifying it.

I think Mamata declassified the files with an unofficial consent from the central government, this declassification will result into revelation of lots of dirty secrets of that time, and the central govt. will have the perfect excuse to declassify their files without facing a hysterical Congress and a $hitstorm of charges accusing the Modi sarkar of vindictive politics and "Destroying the reputation of national icons"! I don't think even Bapu will come clean out of this.

For Congress, if it survives the the consequences for a decade, then it might come out as a truly national party..again, after getting rid of the family owning it presently.

I think Mamata declassified the files with an unofficial consent from the central government, this declassification will result into revelation of lots of dirty secrets of that time, and the central govt. will have the perfect excuse to declassify their files without facing a hysterical Congress and a $hitstorm of charges accusing the Modi sarkar of vindictive politics and "Destroying the reputation of national icons"!

For Congress, if it survives the the consequences for a decade, then it might come out as a truly national party..again, after getting rid of the family owning it presently.
To give an unofficial consent Modi must gang up with Mamta Banerjee against congress. I'm not sure if both the egomaniacs would agree to it. Lol

I don't think even Bapu will come clean out of this.
Bapu was never clean, his personal life was a mess, Nehru's personal life was equally messy. I'm not sure how these men were able to command so much respect from Indians back in 40s. Not that I look down upon 'em and I do not appreciate what they did for the country, just that I think they both had a holier than thou attitude.
Today when world leaders take mahatma Gandhi's name with respect I wonder if they 've really read Gandhi's books.
I met a guy from Uganda recently and he was going ga-ga about Gandhi, I could only manage a few smiles during the conversation. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom