What's new

Files reveal Netaji was alive after 1945, family spied upon: Mamata Banerjee

But in case if Bose was there situation will be not like monopoly which Congress enjoy decades. but I think there are other factors also involved Bose will be the most controversial character if he remains visible in India on international level.

Not really, there are no permanent friend and foe in politics, the infamous cold war started between the WW2 allies soon after the war (the rivalry was there long before the war itself), and the allied powers like US and UK became friendly with Axis powers like Japan and Germany. India, that fought for the allies became friendly with communist Russia which was then against the allies....the world is round and complicated!

Last edited:
To give an unofficial consent Modi must gang up with Mamta Banerjee against congress. I'm not sure if both the egomaniacs would agree to it. Lol

Bapu was never clean, his personal life was a mess, Nehru's personal life was equally messy. I'm not sure how these men were able to command so much respect from Indians back in 40s. Not that I look down upon 'em and I do not appreciate what they did for the country, just that I think they both had a holier than thou attitude.
Today when world leaders take mahatma Gandhi's name with respect I wonder if they 've really read Gandhi's books.
I met a guy from Uganda recently and he was going ga-ga about Gandhi, I could only manage a few smiles during the conversation. :rolleyes:
you nailed it.

Pages removed from Bengal files
Subhro Niyogi,TNN | Sep 20, 2015, 06.30 AM IST

KOLKATA: Kolkata-based NGO India's Smile that filed a PIL on declassification of Netaji files held by the Centre is now planning a supplementary affidavit on the contents that have gone missing from the files that were in the possession of West Bengal government.

Speaking to TOI, the NGO's chief functionary Rajeev Sarkar said several pages containing crucial information were missing from the files declassified by the state government on Friday. "We are examining the files meticulously. In some of them, whole sections are missing. The discrepancy in pages and absence of documents mentioned in the index point to their removal at a later date. We want a judicial commission to probe when and how the pages went missing," he said.

The NGO had earlier told the high court that files on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose had been destroyed. Sarkar said the missing documents in the files declassified by the state government will further buttress this point.

Sarkar has already raised the issue of four files that have gone missing from Delhi in the past decade. File nos. 12014/9/79-DIII(S&P); 12014/5/80-ISDIII (on whereabouts of Netaji) and S.14/1/88-T and S.21/51/76-T on the ashes at Renkoji Temple figured in the affidavit that ministry of home affairs (IS 1 division) joint director Sangeeta Goirola had on December 19, 2001, submitted to the Mukherjee Commission inquiring into the Netaji mystery.

Replying to RTIs made on the files, the home ministry stated on April 26, 2013; July 9, 2013, and September 9, 2013, that the four files were not there. The second reply with memo no. 5890/JS(IS-1)/MHA/2013) is signed by Rakesh Singh IS-1 division, the same rank as Goirola.

"Files have been destroyed in the past. During the Khosla Commission, file no. 12(216/56-PM) was destroyed on March 6, 1972. It contained results of the 'investigation into the circumstance leading to the death of Sri Subhas Chandra Bose'. Our interest is not whether Netaji died or didn't die in the alleged plane crash at Taihoku in 1945. We don't even want to discuss the Mukherjee or the Khosla commission reports. What we want to know is how many files there are on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and why are they such a big secret," said Sarkar.

The high court division bench on April 9 ordered the Centre to explain its final stand on the matter. It also asked the government to explain why the Central Information Commission (CIC) order dated July 5, 2007, that all 202 Netaji files be released in public domain and set to National Archives has not been complied. The court has also asked the CIC to give its opinion on the matter.

Pages removed from Bengal files - The Times of India

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom